Tomb Raider

Benji

I've done 2 tombs now. Both just 1 puzzle. They are way worth it for the xp. I just got the shotgun too. My fave thing to do is dodge a charging guy, turn around and turn him into a fine red mist :P

I didn't even know how to get those guys to "open up" so to speak to begin with - I was trying to flank them. It took Baddarina to point out that I should wait for an attack, dodge and go for the kill. Yeah. :shifty:

Btw, do the "finishers" (during the melee combat) ever change?

Unlocking the Orienteering perk is well worthwhile. I just picked up everything from the big open area with the fire lighting and egg gathering. That's a vast area actually on so many different levels. Without the rope arrows you really only cover about 30% of it.

It wasn't holding me as much as I'd hoped to begin with, but after doing the WWII bunker bit, I'm hooked. I get a little confused and sidetracked quite often though. Like, I started lighting some statues, I have 7, I found a couple of nests with eggs but I've ended up wandering into adjacent areas that don't include these challenges. I find it odd that there's no challenges screen to track my progress (unless there is and it's buried somewhere).

It's really well done though, and I think my only gripe so far is that it's very selective regarding how I can light torches. It's just a bit daft that I can stick a torch into a barrel that's on fire and have a light, but I can't do the same from a lantern, or a cave wall full of candles. Don't have to worry since making the firelighter tool, but still.

Just got the launcher and decided to stop for the night.

I can't get over how cinematic and just flat out action perfect this game is - seriously on the best experience I have ever had gaming, straight up. Lara isn't amazing at everything straight off the bat and fucks up a lot.. the story is always taking you new places and throwing some twists at you here and there. I am absolutely blown away.