Age of Empires 2 re-released in HD!

Plubby

Can you build 83 bombard towers a second?

Can I hear you build your bombard towers over the sound of *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* *ooooweh* ?

• Like 3

UPDATE: It took a group of almost-fully-upgraded Huskarls (I forgot to account for the team bonus) 13 minutes and 3 seconds (at fast game speed) to break through a wall of 10 bombard towers to reach an area, at a cost of 234 Huskarls. Probably would have been quicker and less costly but I at one stage early forgot to keep the line of Huskarls flowing. Also it took about 3+ minutes to break through the walls I had encased the area in.

For those still sitting on the fence about buying this - a reminder that it's released in a little under two weeks, but if you pre-order it, it's available early: one week from today!

So up until the release date (two weeks time) you can preorder it and still get it at the special time (one week)

This is just a nice way of saying that the actual release date is next week but here's a marketing scheme to make you preorder it.

You'd be surprised how useful they are when instead of a wall made of brick, you have a wall of Bombard towers. >_>

This was 100% my strategy. Every single time.

I tried it myself a few days ago to defend my base while I built an offensive army. I really didn't fancy it. It was only effective with Cavalry, so it felt like it was just going to be ruined with a wall of pikes defending siege engines.

That said, I *DID* really dig them ringing around my wonder.

I feel like you guys are talking about serious games whilst me and Skummy probably are talking more about games where you pick a random map, put cheats on and literally make a 5 bombard tower thick wall around your entire base.

I feel like you guys are talking about serious games whilst me and Skummy probably are talking more about games where you pick a random map, put cheats on and literally make a 5 bombard tower thick wall around your entire base.

I feel like this is a plan foiled simply by the host setting "Enable Cheats" to "off". :P