2013 Summer Transfer Thread

• Admin
Chelsea have told Atletico Madrid it will cost them £1million to keep rookie keeper Thibaut Courtois for another season, according to talkSPORT.
Press Association Sport are reporting that Anzhi are seriously interested in signing Papiss Cisse.

I think its great because the distribution of wealth in football is already hugely lopsided. It's pretty much the only way to inject excitement into domestic title races.

Yeah I totally remember Liverpool/Spurs/etc. fans getting excited when Chelsea spent a lot of money to break the United/Arsenal title duopoly.

That's my point. Everyone hates it when it a) is in a league that affects their own team, and/or b) is a team they already had a rivalry with for some reason.

I'm just amused that Monaco are being praised for adding "excitement" for doing the same thing, simply by virtue of not being in England.

• Like 1

I find it interesting that there are movements towards a Suarez > Madrid switch whilst at the same time Madrid's top people are making blatent attempts to woo Gareth Bale by openly praising him in the media.

I mean sure, they *could* try and buy both, but...

I find it interesting that there are movements towards a Suarez > Madrid switch whilst at the same time Madrid's top people are making blatent attempts to woo Gareth Bale by openly praising him in the media.

I mean sure, they *could* try and buy both, but...

It's like FM!

Fulham are close to sealing a deal with Roma's Maarten Stekelenburg. Rumoured fee is £3m.

Hope they pull this off, he's a great keeper and they were unlucky not to get him in January. Didn't he fly over to London and everything only to be told Roma had reneged on the deal?

From what I'm reading the Sky thing is based on nothing more than what's already been reported elsewhere.

Although if he does resent the media then its a terrible excuse especially since he might be going to Spain. And most of his media attention was his own making.

Monaco are going to be awesome to play in next years FM. The owner wasn't moneybags happy in this years was he?

Where's the challenge?