2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Apparently Chelsea had a fee agreed for Okore in January, but he turned down the move because he was concerned about how much playing time he'd get.

Fair play to him (and he is a Chelsea fan as well). Would be nice to see him at Villa.

No apparently about it. Confirmed it in an interview himself. Said it was hard but the right thing to for his career. I'd love to sign him.

Pretty sure that Fredi Kanoute had a similar issue at Sevilla a few years back. iirc he ended up wearing a blank one.

That was because Sevilla were sponsored by some online gambling site, I've never seen anything to suggest Muslims can't be linked to financial services regardless of how shady. Especially given he's had Northern Rock and Virgin Money since he signed.

Pretty sure that Fredi Kanoute had a similar issue at Sevilla a few years back. iirc he ended up wearing a blank one.

That was because Sevilla were sponsored by some online gambling site, I've never seen anything to suggest Muslims can't be linked to financial services regardless of how shady. Especially given he's had Northern Rock and Virgin Money since he signed.
Depends on how strict he is, but Sharia law does prohibit money lending or the paying or receiving of interest

I wonder does he mind receiving interest on his wages sitting in his bank accocunt?

If he's truly Sharia compliant he won't receive any interest at all. Obviously it could be a ruse to force a move, but it is a thing

Apparently Chelsea already own Lazar Markovic...but no one cares because he's heading straight out on loan to Benfica (as is our style).

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8768815/Transfer-news-Partizan-Belgrade-claim-Lazar-Markovic-belongs-to-Chelsea

Honestly, the only reason I've ever taken notice of this guy is because his name is LAZAR.

Apparently Chelsea already own Lazar Markovic...but no one cares because he's heading straight out on loan to Benfica (as is our style).

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8768815/Transfer-news-Partizan-Belgrade-claim-Lazar-Markovic-belongs-to-Chelsea

Honestly, the only reason I've ever taken notice of this guy is because his name is LAZAR.

Well, I care...

I don't know what to say. Was expecting the guy to be entirely bought by us, not on a loan. But,even though I don't like loans, he was expensive as hell and I wasn't entirely sure if he was worth it. Hope he is, because we are most likely going to sell Cardozo this summer.