2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Southampton are gonna be really good on FM this year!

Liverpool are close to securing a deal to sign Belgium goalkeeper Simon Mignolet from Sunderland. Although the Anfield club have offered £8m and Sunderland's asking price is £10m, an agreement is expected to be reached in the coming days.

Former Arsenal midfielder Denilson has returned to Sao Paulo on a permanent deal.

I really hope Reina isn't leaving, but 10 million is an awful lot of money to put Mignolet on the bench.

Ideally like both just so we don't have to deal with Brad Jones and his league one goalkeeping.

Is it really unfathomable that we're keeping both around whilst we bleed Mignolet in slowly? Kind of a Lindegaard/De Gea or Friedel/Lloris kind of deal.

If Valdes is staying at Barcelona then they really have no need for Reina. I don't think he'd leave for anywhere but them.

All due respect to Liverpool, they're not at the level where they could have a 10m pound goalkeeper on the bench at the moment.

I assume Reina's off. Surprised at the dissapointment, he's been average for some time now.

Loyalty works both ways.

If you sign Bent you'll have a striker who can only score from 5 yards and a striker who can score from 50.

I predict big things from the Toon!

Ryan Taylor's an absolute sniper from 35 yards when he's got two working legs.

All due respect to Liverpool, they're not at the level where they could have a 10m pound goalkeeper on the bench at the moment.

I assume Reina's off. Surprised at the dissapointment, he's been average for some time now.

This is a club who loaned a player out a season after breaking it's transfer record for him.

Or paid £19m for a player then sold him back to the club they signed him from 5 months later for £12m.

Or paid £20m for Stewart Downing.

Anything can happen :D

The brazilian media has been saying Tottenham are close to sealing a deal with Corinthian's Paulinho. Rumoured fee is £17m. The London side have also tried to sign James McCarthy, but Wigan put a ridiculous £20m price tag on him.

Hull City are close to sealing a £1.8m move for Besiktas' Allan McGregor.

Leeds' Brian McDermott is targeting Celtic's Anthony Stokes if he fails in his negotiations with Wolves' Kevin Doyle.

Edited by RafaelFms

This is a club who loaned a player out a season after breaking it's transfer record for him.

Or paid £19m for a player then sold him back to the club they signed him from 5 months later for £12m.

Or paid £20m for Stewart Downing.

Anything can happen :D

Club operates on a totally different model now than it did in 2010. Despite a bit of a dip over the last year, Reina is still a fantastic keeper. If he was totally past it then Barcelona wouldn't be apparently chasing him.