2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Alcaraz looks set to join Kone in moving to Everton.

Swansea are moving for Jonjo Shelvey along with several other clubs.

Norwich look set to sign Birmingham's England U21 international midfielder Nathan Redmond.

That really sums QPR up right there. Anzhi are stupid if they paid the full fee they received though

12mil according to the BBC. QPR signed him for 12.5mil

Man, with all the money QPR are going to get from player sales, they really are a young manager's wet dream.

I know it'd never happen, but if they sacked 'Arry they could really have a chance of building a talented, young team with a shared philosophy. It's a shame, really.

Not just player sales, they are getting rid of people on stupid wages like Samba. I agree with you though, they have the potential to start again and start fresh because buying expensive shite has clearly not worked out for them, I just can't see it happening not for a while anyway.

because on paper.

It's a damn shame the Premier League isn't played out on play-by-mail.

... is anyone old enough to remember that?

Unfortunately, yes. I was really bad at it.

Lets all get together and talk about the good old days.

*lights pipe*

I played lots of play-by-mail but I never stuck with any football ones for any length of time. There was a company called JKC (or something) and they did one called Monster Island (or something) and it was pretty fun (or something)

Jimmy, if you are reading this, this happened when you were just a twinkle in your Dad's eye.

Hull have completed the signing of Besiktas' Allan McGregor for an undisclosed fee. He will be on a three-year contract with them.

Once Barcelona's most promising player, Benfica's Nolito has signed with Spanish Celta de Vigo.

Dean Whitehead signs with Middlesbrough on a free transfer.

It seems Perchinho hasn't moved yet. And the fee is not £700k, it's £1m. The announcement will be made soon.

Edited by RafaelFms

because on paper.

It's a damn shame the Premier League isn't played out on play-by-mail.

... is anyone old enough to remember that?

PBP, I got Bury promoted and then the system stole a player off me and he ended up at Dundee United so I quit!

I did have Rigby and Ripley on the wings tho. (H)

Marc Muniesa has joined Stoke from Barcelona on a free transfer.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11701/8802839/Transfer-news-Stoke-sign-Marc-Muniesa-from-Barcelona-on-free-transfer

Barcelona. To Stoke. Let that sink in.

That aside, he'll get game time and looks promising. Could be a good piece of business.

These are the times I wonder what the fuck happens in Mark Hughes' head. For QPR with a shit ton of cash, he signs overrated, expensive players. With Stoke, who are currently in a small budget, he signs Erik Pieters and Marc Muniesa.

Steve McClaren has joined QPR in a coaching role, working under Harry Redknapp.

Or, in other words:

Steve McClaren has joined QPR as future manager, circa December 2013.

• Like 3

Kolo Toure has officially signed for Liverpool now, and it's just dawned on me that not only is he a perfectly capable 3rd choice CB, but he could also be our long-awaited answer to backup DM.

He could be Neil Ruddocks backup fat lad too. I think the days of Kolo playing midfield are long gone.

• Like 1