2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Luca Toni has signed with recently promoted Hellas Verona. Nice to see them back on the top division, didn't know about it.

Wilson Palacios might make a move to Hull if they meet Stoke City's £1.5m demands.

Marc-Antoine Fortuné, recently released by West Brom, could be another one of Owen Coyle's signings at Wigan.

Birmingham and Wolves are battling for the signature of Newcastle's Shane Ferguson. I didn't see shit in that lad, he had only one play.

This one has been confirmed, according to BBC Sport: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23202535

David Moyes has said that Wayne Rooney won't be leaving Manchester United this summer.

Cue classic 180 from MU fans.

"LONG LIVE THE WHITE PELE - ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A RED"

• Like 2

David Moyes has said that Wayne Rooney won't be leaving Manchester United this summer.

Does that mean tomorrow's newspapers will lead with "Rooney will refuse to play under Moyes", or something equally ridiculous?

• Like 1

Van Ginkel's move to Chelsea has been finalised.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3229499

Hooray!

You'll see increasing numbers of confused-looking Beleibers at the Bridge over the coming season...

Seriously wish I could get to the Bridge more. Being a poor student who lives in South Wales isn't ideal for a Blues fan.

Only small saving grace is Cardiff's promotion giving me two chances to see them down here. However, the Cardiff/Chelsea game is the last game of the season, so like fuck am I gonna be able to get tickets unless my season ticket holding friends can pull some strings.

• Like 1

To me it sounded like "Marco VaPLEGHM"

Scousers everywhere are saying "I understand him perfectly..."

Are we?

• Like 1

The fact is Liverpool don't want to sell and have said so. So if a bid comes in it's going to have to be enormous (more than Torres money).

I think a foreign team could maybe get him for £35-40million.

The main reason the Torres fee was so astronomical was because it was a fabled 'intra-Premier League switch'.

I don't see a club getting him for less than £50 million, particularly because Liverpool are far more unwilling to sell than they were with Torres. Liverpool know what the value of their star striker is and Suarez is in far better shape than Torres when they sold him.