2013 Summer Transfer Thread

The fact that Higuain's move to Arsenal seems to have stalled does puzzle me a little. I can only think that, after the two clubs agreed a fee, he might be holding out in case a more attractive suitor comes along.

...Which Liverpool don't qualify as, obviously...

Xabi Alonso could get in his ear! It totally worked well for Nuri Sahin. :shifty:

16:12 BST: Sky Sports Italia claim Stevan Jovetic is close to leaving Fiorentina for Manchester City. The offer stands at €27million, but that could rise to over €30million if certain bonus clauses are activated. The move could be confirmed within the next 48 hours.

15:25 BST: Corriere dello Sport are reporting that Leandro Damiao has agreed terms with Napoli. Internacional are expected to strike a deal with the Italians once Edinson Cavani's move to Paris Saint-Germain is complete.

Okay, so if we don't get Benteke, is there actually anyone left we've been linked with. I don't really care about the fee, I'd quite happily get Benteke in no incase the Arsenal deal for Higuain falls through and they go in for him.

At least City aren't spunking £30mil on players the wrong end of their 20s for the first time this summer.

Fernandinho?

Him, Jesus Navas and possibly Negredo. All players who'll be 30 and over half way through their huge contracts.

• Admin
Crystal Palace are to sign Spain Under-20s international Jose Campana from Sevilla for £1.75m, according to the Spanish club's president.
Hull City have completed the signing of former Newcastle United goalkeeper Steve Harper on a one-year contract.

Motherwell have signed Scotland international defender Stephen McManus on a one-year-contract, following the expiration of his Middlesbrough deal.
Queens Park Rangers have made an increased offer for Celtic striker Gary Hooper.
Sky sources are reporting that Sunderland will sign Italian international Emanuele Giaccherini from Juventus within the next 24 hours.
Reading have confirmed that Daniel Carrico has arrived in Spain to undergo a medical ahead of completing a loan move to Sevilla.
Sky Sports understands Nottingham Forest are closing in on the loan signing of Hull City defender Jack Hobbs.

Does anyone else hate QPR or is it just me?

Hello, Chelsea fan here. :shifty:

I mean for much of my life I've been indifferent to QPR (besides using them as a means to poke fun at my dad), but My God don't they just have a talent for drawing in people I wouldn't mind punching in the face (e.g. Warnock, Barton, 'Arry, etc.).