NBA Player Jason Collins Comes Out

http://www.vibe.com/article/jason-collins-and-kerry-rhodes%E2%80%94-reality-gay-acceptance-sports

Dug this article. In particular, this quote: "What Collins really represents is an individual who stepped outside the shadows into his own truth, which will no doubt encourage other people who are fearful of coming out to friends, family and colleagues. It’s a small, yet powerful step for gay acceptance in male-dominated professional sports."

Pfft, all of California and everyone who lives their stinks.

I'll have you know I shower regularly!

While a shower more often than not prevents one from stinking, it is not a surefire way to avoid stinking.

Please note the topical Washington Wizards.

Pfft, all of California and everyone who lives their stinks.

I'll have you know I shower regularly!

While a shower more often than not prevents one from stinking, it is not a surefire way to avoid stinking.

Please note the topical Washington Wizards.

Wizards before Jason Collins trade: 15-37

Wizards after Jason Collins trade: 14-16

Clearly if the league had more people like Jason Collins there would be a lot less teams who stunk!

And now on a serious note, I'm pretty disgusted with the pictures people keep editing on to his Wikipedia page. I'm not surprised, but still disgusted.

As much as I do think its very admirable for Collins to come out, this was basically a no lose situation for him.

His team missed the playoffs, and he's a free agent after the season. He's averaged 3.8 rebounds per game and 3.6 point per game for his career. He's 34/35 years old, or on the decline for an NBA player. The likelyhood of him getting signed was slim already. While I do hope another team picks him up, for veteran leadership if nothing else, I doubt he would've gotten signed by another team even if he stayed in the closet