What Shall We Watch?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Livid

• Looper
    • Fargo
    • The Sting
    • Dog Day Afternoon
    • Network

I ordered it this morning so I'm hoping it will be with me tomorrow when I get back from work. Then I'll watch. The Sting has never been on my radar but judging by what you guys are saying it really should have been.

The Sting made me hate myself for not watching more Paul Newman stuff. Seriously, he was fantastic in the scene on the train.

I actually want to talk about it now but I'm supposed to wake up in two hours and I'm on my phone.

Cool fact for Livid, though. The guy who plays the cop? Same guy who plays the cop in Dog Day Afternoon.

Hoping to find the time to watch this tomorrow. Between work, trying to sort out a house, and preparing for a festival, I've only managed to watch one film (which was at the cinema) in the last five days. Excited to see it, though. Everyone's reactions have only made that better.

Okay, I'm going to Latitude tomorrow, so I won't be around here until monday. Hoping to get this watched tonight, but to keep things moving while I'm gone, I thought it'd be a good idea to announce who's next to pick, so I can get the films up in a poll, with a deadline, so we can keep this moving.

So, LL, post your five picks in here!

It's been a busy week for me, so I haven't had a chance to see this, though I still plan to. Hopefully, this weekend. Here's my five.

1. Badlands

2. Zodiac

3. The Details

4. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

5. Apocalypse Now (Because I haven't seen it in forever)

Just finished watch The Sting and oh yes was that good. Exactly the sort of film I like, lots of wit, good pacing and well-told story. I like a more subtle gangster/wise-guy face off as well. It is put me well in the mood for some Film Noir, so I suspect they will predominantly make up my five when my turn comes around.

On LL's picks. I've seen Apocalypse Now too many times. I am tempted to go for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid to continue a trend of Paul Newman and Robert Redford teaming up, but it is more of a toss-up between Zodiac and Badlands. I'm leaning towards Zodiac because I am due a second watch of that, and I love David Fincher.

I'm gonna be honest, I'll probably skip Zodiac because I don't feel like sitting through that again. It wasn't bad but it's long and not exactly engaging.

That said, I actually still need to watch The Sting (tonight, I swear) so maybe that's not saying a lot.