January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

We apparently turned down 6 for Byram in the summer so I'm hoping that the days of selling our best players for fuck all have gone. Nakhi Wells just went for ~2m, I'd be bitterly disappointed if Ross went for less than double that.

I'd say Byram's a bit different, because good full backs, especially English ones, are hard to come by. Didn't know that about Wells, I think 4 would be fair, probably with some add-ons, or a player coming to you on loan. Any idea who went in for Byram?

Wtf are Pellegrini and Wenger on about?! They could have always signed Mata it's not like there's some dodgy thing going on here, this is what the transfer system is all about. Strange things to complain about.

They're asked about it and don't want to say "yes that looks like a good piece of business [that we didn't do]", so just complain about whatever until they move on to the next question.

Or, alternatively, deflecting attention away from otherwise awkward questions they'd have to answer.

• Admin
Everton have confirmed that Ivory Coast forward Lacina Traore has joined the club on loan from Monaco for the remainder of the season after passing a medical.
Sheffield United have signed Cardiff defender John Brayford on loan until the end of the season.
Blackburn winger Fabio Nunes has left the club to join Italian Serie B side Latina on a free transfer. Also, Edinho Junior has joined American club Harrisburg City Islanders on a free transfer.
Cardiff boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has signed Jo Inge Berget from his former club Molde for an undisclosed fee. The Bluebirds are also understood to be closing in on a deal to sign Wigan Athletic defender Ivan Ramis.
Southend have signed Lee Barnard on loan from Southampton until the end of the season.
Sky Sports understand that Sunderland are edging closer to agreeing a deal to sign Brighton midfielder Liam Bridcutt.
Sky sources understand that Newcastle United are looking to complete the signing of Borussia Monchengladbach striker Luuk de Jong before the Premier League clash with Norwich next Tuesday.
Norwich defender Daniel Ayala has joined Middlesbrough permanently. The Spaniard has signed a three-and-a-half year deal at the Riverside Stadium. He had previously been on loan at the Championship club.
Olympiakos have now confirmed the signing of former Manchester City midfielder Abdisalam Ibrahim on a free transfer.
Sky Sources understand Sunderland have made an enquiry to sign Valencia's Argentina midfielder Ever Banega.
AC Milan have confirmed on their official website that Michael Essien is expected to arrive in Italy to tie up his move to the San Siro.
Sky Sources understand that Swansea have made a £3m bid for Norwich City winger Anthony Pilkington.
379c0ea3-4638-4540-a2b9-f87e0d712fcd.jpg

Apparently on Abramovich's private jet...

@JanAageFjortoft: Re: Draxler

I understand that Schalke and Arsenal have agreed a fee.

If he will leave now I don't know. But this is latest info

#afc

Still don't see where he'd fit in, as we have a luxury of attacking midfielders. Unless he really does see him as a striker in the future?

re that Hulk photo, I've heard it's a picture someone took from Hulk's Instagram and photoshopped the location.

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 2m

CONFIRMED: #mufc has reached agreement with Chelsea for the transfer of Juan Mata for a club-record fee. #mufcmata

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 2m

The deal for Mata is subject to a medical and the agreement of personal terms. A further announcement will be made in due course. #mufcmata

:w00t:

Edited by Starvinho
  • Like 2