January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

Because holy shit I just realised it's only two weeks away (but then I still can't quite comprehend how Christmas has got so close so quickly either).

Reports from La Gazzetta dello Sport (and the Guardian and so on) claim that Chelsea have reached an 18m euro (£15m) deal for Inter Milan midfileder Fredy Guarin - which to me would be a sort of "Jack of all trades, master of none" utility-type signing. May not be true of course, but YAY TRANSFER THREAD.

Also the rumour mill continues to churn out the idea of Kevin De Bruyne heading to one of various German clubs, possibly even on a permanent deal (just for a change). Rumoured figures tend to be around double the ~£7m Chelsea originally bought him for.

In the meantime, we await great swathes of Manchester United panic buys and the new Spurs boss being handed precisely £0 with which to put his stamp on his new team.

Apparently we've got agreements in place for Nakhi Wells, Tommy Rowe and Callum Wilson. Meanwhile we've apparently approached St Ettienne able bringing back Max Gradel. I'm taking all those stories with various amounts of salt, though.

I will always remember Meireles fondly for his wonderful trolling of Benfica fans in our Champions League clashes, complete with mocking applause after smashing a goal in against them.

I think if KDB goes somewhere permanently it will be because he requested it - otherwise we'd likely just loan until the end of time.

The Draxler link is hilariously unrealistic in a January window, if ever.

I can't see United going mad in the window, even though we could do with a few good signings. I see us signing Baines and maybe one other, our big business will probably happen in the Summer though.

Meireles and Guarin are not similar players at all in my opinion. I haven't seen much of Guarin since he went to Italy (I don't enjoy Serie A matches), but he had an amazing year with AVB and in the last three months of the previous season.

Meireles and Guarin are not similar players at all in my opinion. I haven't seen much of Guarin since he went to Italy (I don't enjoy Serie A matches), but he had an amazing year with AVB and in the last three months of the previous season.

TBH my only avenues of comparison were "hmm, utility midfielder signings who may be solid if not spectacular" and then "...35 yard piledrivers? OH GOD NOT AGAIN [/FM13 aggravation]".

RUMOURS TIME~!

Mitroglou being chased by Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle. Rumoured price is £7.5M.

Although Kyle Walker just signed a new contract, Monaco want to sign the overrated right-back.

If Chelsea do sell David Luiz, the team is lining up for Inter's Andrea Ranocchia.

Edited by RafaelFms