The 2014 EWB Fantasy Baseball League

thatshortguy

So we're approximately halfway through the week and things are looking close.

1. We're guaranteed a newcomer will finish last, though Cloudy can avoid 12th if he can get some steals, saves and improve in ERA/WHIP. PepsiT has it locked down in most of the offensive categories, though, despite starting Goldschmidt at 1B. We're going to Roto next year.

2. The entire Consolation bracket is chalked after one round, but the SWATS are primed for an upset over Potton. If Niner's pitching can setup up just slightly, though, he'll move on.

3. Things get damned interesting in the last three matchups. With the exception of Runs (where LNK has Maxx nearly doubled), every other category could be swung in a single day's play.

4. Don't let the 9-1 score fool you. Every single category in my match with LD could be swung in a single game, let alone a single day. This feels like one of those weeks where I'll choke the win away during the weekend.

5. Srar has Ks and average on lock, but HC will likely walk away with the Runs and ERA categories. For football comparisons, HC/Srar is like the Falcons/Saints shootout, while LD/TSG is more like a Jags/Giants game :shifty:

1. We're guaranteed a newcomer will finish last, though Cloudy can avoid 12th if he can get some steals, saves and improve in ERA/WHIP.

Hello 12th place!

I haven't had any starting pitchers go yet. 4 play tomorrow, so that'll go a long way to deciding who wins one way or the other.

I think I have one more start left in the rotation and only one closer is healthy enough to pitch. Next year, I'm taking LD's approach and drafting the bare minimum in bats :shifty:

Well, it ain't over yet, but if I make the finals, I got a chance to take the EWB Fantasy Baseball title and Fantasy Football title in the same year. (I'm counting my NXT league title from last year)

Welp, looks like it's me vs Lowerdeck for the gold. Quite a comeback by him as I could have sworn Midget was up comfortably.

Looks like Srar and Midget get their big rivalry match still, just for bronze instead of the title.

Welp, looks like it's me vs Lowerdeck for the gold. Quite a comeback by him as I could have sworn Midget was up comfortably.

Looks like Srar and Midget get their big rivalry match still, just for bronze instead of the title.

This is how rivalries should be. Get people hyped for the main event :P

I was up 9-1 at one point, but the game was much closer than the score indicated. If Adam Jones would've gone on another tear, I would've had a shot in the final games. Alas, I'll have to take solace in tossing Srar off the medal stand.

This is how rivalries should be. Get people hyped for the main event :P

I was up 9-1 at one point, but the game was much closer than the score indicated. If Adam Jones would've gone on another tear, I would've had a shot in the final games. Alas, I'll have to take solace in tossing Srar off the medal stand.

I just wanted you to get your chance at Srar

• Like 1