The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I still think Chelsea could've gotten more out of him. They just needed to have John Terry threaten to repeat the Wayne Bridge affair with Torres' wife... that might have gotten more out of ole Nando.

Torres would have had to divorce her first to fully replicate the Bridge incident...

Because of course that made it alright...

Well, for one thing both the NOTW and the Mail on Sunday printed apologies to Bridge's ex stating that the story was 'untrue in any case' and for another thing, she and Bridge were not seeing each other at the time so he had zero right to get his panties in a bunch over it.

The only person who should be pissed - if the alleged affair happened at all - would by Terry's wife.

Are we really suggesting it didn't happen? Currently seeing her or not, I wouldn't be best pleased if a colleague decided to smash the mother of my kids.

• Like 2

I still think Chelsea could've gotten more out of him. They just needed to have John Terry threaten to repeat the Wayne Bridge affair with Torres' wife... that might have gotten more out of ole Nando.

Torres would have had to divorce her first to fully replicate the Bridge incident...

Because of course that made it alright...

Well, for one thing both the NOTW and the Mail on Sunday printed apologies to Bridge's ex stating that the story was 'untrue in any case' and for another thing, she and Bridge were not seeing each other at the time so he had zero right to get his panties in a bunch over it.

The only person who should be pissed - if the alleged affair happened at all - would by Terry's wife.

Quite. If it happened, and supposedly it didn't, then I would have all the sympathy in the world for Mrs. Terry - but in no circumstance would I have any for Wayne "some guy slept with my ex I STILL OWN HER DAMN IT" Bridge.

Currently seeing her or not, I wouldn't be best pleased if a colleague decided to smash the mother of my kids.

Would it be okay if she had submitted a formal written application to Wayne seeking permission to have future partners and/or live her life the way she damn well saw fit?

• Like 1

Admittedly all I've ever seen of him was at the World Cup but yay!

I take every signing now as someone who is "better than what we've got". Although LB is a position I doubt we'll see him in much, once Shaw is fit. I think this also means Rojo will definitely be employed as a CB.

Admittedly all I've ever seen of him was at the World Cup but yay!

I take every signing now as someone who is "better than what we've got". Although LB is a position I doubt we'll see him in much, once Shaw is fit. I think this also means Rojo will definitely be employed as a CB.

Would seem that way. Worth noting that Blind can play in midfield as well, though I don't think he did at the World Cup?

Spending all this money is pretty high risk. They've officially entered Man City territory.

No they're not! Man City bought the title, Man United are just spending to get back to where they rightfully belong by god given right!

Patrice Evra, so good they need to sign 3 replacements! I do find it funny that United went and got 2 left backs who are better than Luke Shaw after spunking £30mil on him.

• Like 2

LVG's shopping list

1 GK Jasper Cillessen 22 April 1989 (aged 25) 8 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Ajax

2 DF Ron Vlaar 16 February 1985 (aged 29) 24 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Aston Villa

3 DF Stefan de Vrij 5 February 1992 (aged 22) 12 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Feyenoord

4 DF Bruno Martins Indi 8 February 1992 (aged 22) 16 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Feyenoord

5 DF Daley Blind 9 March 1990 (aged 24) 12 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Ajax

6 MF Nigel de Jong 13 November 1984 (aged 29) 71 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Milan

7 DF Daryl Janmaat 22 July 1989 (aged 24) 16 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Feyenoord

8 MF Jonathan de Guzmán 13 September 1987 (aged 26) 10 23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png Swansea City

9 FW Robin van Persie (c) 6 August 1983 (aged 30) 85 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Manchester United

10 MF Wesley Sneijder 9 June 1984 (aged 30) 99 23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Galatasaray

11 FW Arjen Robben 23 January 1984 (aged 30) 75 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Bayern Munich

12 DF Paul Verhaegh 1 September 1983 (aged 30) 2 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png FC Augsburg

13 DF Joël Veltman 15 January 1992 (aged 22) 2 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Ajax

14 DF Terence Kongolo 14 February 1994 (aged 20) 1 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Feyenoord

15 FW Dirk Kuyt 22 July 1980 (aged 33) 98 23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Fenerbahçe

16 MF Jordy Clasie 27 June 1991 (aged 22) 8 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png Feyenoord

17 FW Jeremain Lens 24 November 1987 (aged 26) 22 23px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png Dynamo Kyiv

18 MF Leroy Fer 5 January 1990 (aged 24) 6 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Norwich City

19 FW Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 12 August 1983 (aged 30) 62 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Schalke 04

20 MF Georginio Wijnaldum 11 November 1990 (aged 23) 5 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png PSV

21 FW Memphis Depay 13 February 1994 (aged 20) 6 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png PSV

22 GK Michel Vorm 3 October 1983 (aged 30) 14 23px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png Swansea City

23 GK Tim Krul 3 April 1988 (aged 26) 5 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Newcastle United