Out Of The Park Baseball 15

9 to 5

I'll be picking up the game on Friday after talking with Meacon. I'm not as familiar with Baseball as I was in the 90's so all of the current guys are going to be new to me. Hopefully I can become more familiar with it. I attempted to get back into baseball this past season by my work schedule messed it all up.

• Like 1

I'll be picking up the game on Friday after talking with Meacon. I'm not as familiar with Baseball as I was in the 90's so all of the current guys are going to be new to me. Hopefully I can become more familiar with it. I attempted to get back into baseball this past season by my work schedule messed it all up.

Well the game works with a overall/potential star system, so even if you don't know the names, you can still gauge if they're any good by checking their star ratings... Of course, not always true because players can play above their scouted level, and vice versa.

I figure it'll also make me less biased towards my favourite players than it would someone who watches it on a regular basis, though I have a plan to once again try to get back into it this coming season. Plus I kind of want to write a Cube diary :shifty:

I wanted to do a Mets game but their 2014 roster was so crappy and I didn't want to do a fantasy draft game. So instead I simmed the entire 2014 season and assumed control of the team on the first day of the offseason. They actually made it to the Wild Card game and won before getting swept in the divisional round. The Royals won the World Series over the Rockies of all teams.

Jon Niese and a couple of prospects were traded throughout the season, Andrew Cashner and Mark Melancon were acquired by the CPU to make the pitching staff even better. The NL instituted the DH (which I'd hate in real life but whatever). Had so many ridiculously good pitchers that I felt fine shipping Zack Wheeler to the South Side of Chicago for Adam Eaton and Dayan Viciedo so I have an outfield that doesn't completely suck.

This game is very involved but I'm loving it. It's really going to take me some time to get used to what I'm doing and get a grip on who the players are and what they can do. I've only made one trade so far and it was trading Bret Lawrie and a "AA" rookie for Chris Johnson from Atlanta.

Probably not a great long term move but Lawrie was hitting like .109 and Johnson was hitting .279. I'm playing as Toronto and right now I'm number 1 in my division with Boston being a game and a half back. My pitching rotation is horrible and I need to find myself some better pitching and get a bit more depth in at 2nd base.

Injuries are killing me. Colby Rasmus is out 2-3 months, Chris Johnson is out for 4 weeks and R.A Dickey is out for 7 months after starting the season going 7-4. I went from being first place in the division with a nice 3 game cushion to being 2nd place and 1 and a half games back.

350qw6v.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A while back someone on the OOTP forums gave me this edit to the game files that will overwrite the fake/random names issue for all teams automatically if you just do this...

To get real names from now on, just add:

keep_it_real
anywhere in your app.cfg file and make a copy of it so you'll always have it.
It's easy to locate the app.cfg file by clicking settings when you start the game or click File tab and click settings from within the game.
Then click the Troubleshooting tab and select Open folder containg file app.cfg.
Open the app.cfg file with any text editor and add the above. Save it and restart ootp for the settings to take effect.
You need to start a new game to get the real names..