The Sims

Benji

• 3 weeks later...

Creat a Sim for the Sims 4 is free on origin now. I am Tempted just because its the sims and i am tempted not to because fuck you ea i hate you and i want you to die.

Holy shit, i tried this on my dads computer, it´s a 2008 iMac (windows -> Bootcamp) and it´s running so smooth and is looking so great. They might actualy have fixed the terrible loadingstimes that the sims always had (the sims 2 takes 10 time as long to load on this mashine, granted it´s more than just create a sim)

Edited by Herr Matzat

Well, that should be expected on al older comouter. The only load issues on mine are when a neighborhood is loaded for the first time.

It is a shame Sims 3 ended up as it did. Create A Style is one of the only things that appeals to me, but between the uninspiring characters and the live town, it loses out. It's also way too easy to make money. If you have World Adventures or really any expansion, it is a non issue.

Been toying with Open For Business, and that's pretty fun. I never ran a business in the game before, but it's pretty neat.

My only Sims 2 complaints are Hobbies, the hobby people that just barge in, and the xheerleader/mascots from University. THIS IS A RENTED PRIVATE HOUSE, GET THE FUCK OUT.

I hope EA put as much effort into Create A Sim as they did the rest of the game. I love how the body sizes range from anorexic to Ruki :shifty: Only thing missing is height and something for the size of a male's crotch :shifty: .

Past games had Mods that added customisable penises to male sims.

I am actually fairly hyped now. Create a sim is great. Much of what is missing will follow in the coming years. The only thing that concerns me is the diing of emotions thing. I have now seen several EA Demos were sims died of laughter, who thought that would be a good idea? I hope thats something very rar to happen.

No death of sadness and suicides though, wich i think is very good because it would be way to depressing.

Edited by Herr Matzat

So...here's a list of shit that's missing/cut from Sims 4:

MAJOR MISSING FEATURES THAT WERE IN TS3:
No create a style (CAST) - NOT possible in future expansions (x)
No modifications to world/public spaces - The park in the demo is a mix of a community lot and public space (x1) (x2)
No “normal” careers - Law enforcement, Medical, Business, etc. were removed (x)
No open world - You must incur a loading screen between each active lot; each neighborhood has 1-5 lots total (x1) (x2)
No pools (x)
No terrain tools other than paint; everything is perfectly flat (x)
No story progression - Sims in the neighborhood age, but do not have children, get jobs, move, get married…etc. without player intervention (x)
No toddlers (x)
No way to create/place new lots - And you only have 2 empty ones at the start of the game!
No Mac version of the game at release
MAJOR CRIPPLED/LIMITED FEATURES THAT WERE IN TS3:
All buildings on a lot must have the same foundation. No mixing for sheds, garages, etc. (x)
Babies are mere objects - All interactions are through basinet. There are no baby objects. Babies can only be lifted directly above basinet. (x)
Backgrounds are illusions - The buildings in the background are not playable in the game. (x)
Completely FLAT lots - The entire build-able world is completely flat (x)
Fewer floors/levels, limited to three (x1) (x2)
SIGNIFICANTLY smaller “worlds” of <25 lots compared to 125+ lots in TS3 (x)
Smaller lots - Lots are limited to 50x50 instead of 64x64. (x)
Loading screens for individual lots (x)
The map is a one-dimensional picture (x)
Teens are same height as adults and they, along with elders, all look nearly identical. (x)
OTHER MISSING GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS FROM TS1-TS3:
No acne (x)
No aliens (x)
No animated hair (x)
No aspiration failures (x)
No babysitters (x)
No bartender (as NPC) (x)
No basements (x)
No bookstores (x)
No burglars (x)
No cars (not even as décor) (x)
No cemeteries (x)
No cutscenes (x)
No cleaning skill (x)
No clothes shopping (x)
No color wheel, predefined to ~20 colors (x)
No comfort need (x)
No curfew (x)
No customization of multi-tone hair color (users select only main color) (x)
No dinner proposals (x)
No diseases or illness (x)
No dreams (x)
No environment need
No eyelash length slider (x)
No favorites (food, color, music) (x)
No fears (x)
No full face make-up (x)
No garage doors (x)
No gardener for hire (x)
No ghosts (x1) (x2)
No grocery stores (x)
No male body hair (x)
No move object cheat (x)
No newspapers (x)
No opacity slider for makeup (x)
No party invitations from other Sims
No private school (x)
No rabbit holes at all - Sims move offscreen for work and school. There are no hospitals, work/school buildings…etc. (x)
No random or accidental deaths
No repairman (x)
No repo man - (x)
No restaurants
No skin slider (x)
No swimming/swimwear - Including lakes, fountains, etc. (x)
No tragic clown or social bunny (x)
No way to watch a Sim commute to work/school (x)
No website for browsing exchange or store (in-game only)
No zodiac signs
MISSING OBJECTS FROM TS1, TS2 OR TS3 BASE GAMES:
No bikes
No changing tables
No cribs
No dishwashers (x)
No highchairs
No hot tubs
No pool tables
No trash compactors (x)
MISC CRIPPLED GAME FEATURES:
32-bit executable - TS4 is not 64-bit, and cannot access more than 4GB of RAM. If you have more than 4GB then you are crippled.
Fewer traits in CAS (more traits must be unlocked/earned in-game)
Incompatible Simpoint currency - Sims 3 Store Simpoints do not work with TS4
LIKELY TRUE YET STILL UNCONFIRMED:
No cashiers
No Create a World
No exterminator
No swings
Premium Membership is REQUIRED to get certain sets on release day or at all
No inheritance
No interests
No magazines
No pinball machines
No way to water flower beds/bushes
No family trees

So it's basically The Sims 1: Remastered.

Yeah. Bollocks to that. Certainly won't be getting this at launch, or any time soon.

Aw, don't say that, it's an insult to The Sims which had fucking bills, repairmen, dishwashers and repo men.

I'm just disgusted by everything they've taken out, combined with the fact that the CAS demo looks pretty good (seriously, I'll give them props for that), but when you take what they've dropped, and followed it up with EA's "ho hum, we can't put everything in the game" attitude, fuck them.

I mean, the toddlers in Sims 3 more or less used the same animations as the ones in Sims 2, even in cases where they removed certain features from Sims 2 toddlers (most of the toys building skill points, interactions, etc).

And I don't buy the lack of time shit either. Sims 2 came out in 2004, The Sims in early 2000 I believe, Sims 3 in 2009. So, roughly five years between Sims games, each one shipped with new or different features from the predecessor, whether you liked them or not, that's not the issue.

But yeah...the quality's been dropping ever since EA took over the franchise. Sims 3 was just...meh. Release an expansion, ignore previous bugs to fix expansion bugs, release an expansion, ignore previous bugs to fix expansion bugs, rinse, repeat. Bra-fucking vo. Then you throw in shit that hasn't been tested properly (Like in Sims 3 seasons, people fucking starving to death during a fucking eating contest), nobody sitting around pointing out that their new shit they're throwing in really, really, really makes the game's challenge trivial (I have not touched the final two expansions, but University introduced the science skill, and if you got it high enough, you could clone things, including ore and rocks. Enter infinite money; then there's the Motive Mobile...). Just....argh. The fact that you pretty much have to have an active modding community to fix your companies fuck ups really says something.

It's been made clear to me, that with SimCity and now The Sims 4, this company doesn't really give two fucks about the people playing the games, so long as they fucking pay for them for a product that vaguely resembles what you'd expect.

• Like 1

Teens got sex as well now (called "fool around"). There is stuff missing in both of those lists and depending on who you like to play it´s all more or less important. For example i don´t mind rabbit holes missing, i prefer a smaller town/neighborhood to loads that take forever and i can deal without the length of eyelashes being adjustable.
I am reasonably hyped for this. Wich is amazing considering what a mess EA and Maxis created with Sim City and EAs general existence in the past 10+ years.

Some guy did a The Rock Sim. The face looks pretty great.

So, playing Sims 2, and my family has just given birth to our fourth and fifth kids (twins). I figure with the father working, I'm going to need some serious help with this family; I already have a butler, but more help is needed, so I build a Servo.

Less than an hour after being completed, Servo decides to jump into the swimming pool.

Motherfucker tried to kill himself -__- .