The Hateful Eight

GoGo Yubari

Wasn't amazing or anything, but I felt really weird about a lot of it, particularly the man-on-woman violence that was way too much for me. I fucking hated every bit of that.

I did find it hilarious how

Spoiler

Samuel L. Jackson had such pleasure in saying the word "dingus" multiple times.

The score might have been my favorite part of it, though. That was fantastic.

Edited by Benkid Nada
  • Like 1

The man-on-woman violence didn't get to me as much as others, particularly because Jennifer Jason Leigh seems no-sells it all like such a badass, but like I said earlier, it's a completely valid criticism. Having also recently watched True Romance, I think I was better prepared for it. 

Finally saw it last night.  Really loved it as I do most Tarantino films.  Loved the casting and the way everybody seemed to play well off of one another.  As others have said the film did a great job of keeping me guessing.

Going in knowing the time period the movie was set in with Tarantino's history I pretty much knew going in that the excessive n-word usage will continue.  Since I was expecting it going in it didn't really take anything away from the film for me but any criticism of it is valid.

6 hours ago, zero said:

The man-on-woman violence didn't get to me as much as others, particularly because Jennifer Jason Leigh seems no-sells it all like such a badass, but like I said earlier, it's a completely valid criticism. Having also recently watched True Romance, I think I was better prepared for it. 

Spoiler

I'm with you on this one, except for the end of the film. It just felt like 

way too much, and way too much revelling in violence. That made me pretty uncomfortable, mostly because I didn't add anything story wise for me. That kind of violence for violence sake isn't for me, it feels pointless, and thus a bit exploitative.

• 3 weeks later...