The Assassin's Creed Series

Mr. X

So yeah, Origins is pretty fucking sweet - feels like an entirely different game due to some of the new mechanics. I'm especially a fan of doing things like removing rooftop guards that are in areas 'just because' and letting it feels a lot looser. The combat is actually fun this time around once you get a hang on it, the world is gorgeous and fun to explore and Bayek is actually a pretty good character.

5 minutes ago, Apsham said:

I'm especially a fan of doing things like removing rooftop guards that are in areas 'just because' and letting it feels a lot looser. 

Oh thank God. The armed population of all the rooftops of the world seems to have been on an exponential curve since AC2.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Oh thank God. The armed population of all the rooftops of the world seems to have been on an exponential curve since AC2.

I noticed it when sneaking into a very huge, palatial area. I was able to just stick to the rooftops and get in and out without being seen (albeit being careful of soldier on the wall, where they should be) although they were kinda downplayed in Syndicate too but it was hard to notice when - despite how good Syndicate was - it still felt so similar to other Assassin's Creed games.

TBH in Syndicate I was too busy playing Victorian Batman with the winch gadget to even remember what the rooftop guards were like.

Although I do remember making laps of the Buckingham Palace roofs and killing the same four respawning guards over and over again for the sake of some trophy or other. :shifty: 

On 05/12/2017 at 14:05, stokeriño said:

TBH in Syndicate I was too busy playing Victorian Batman with the winch gadget to even remember what the rooftop guards were like.

I quite like Fast and Furious: Lambeth Drift myself. Nothing better than skidding round corners in a horse and cart.

• 2 weeks later...

About half way through this game and I'm loving it. New mechanics took me a but to get used to, but I dig them now. I've had fun just exploring the map and side quests, so Bayek is level 33 and my story missions are level 21 and 23 suggested so those shouldn't be difficult now. The Phylakes are quite difficult to take down thogh, even the ones lower leveled than I. One thing I like a lot on this game is that in the past you could get extremely outnumbered and time everything right to easily slay an army. Now, being outnumbered against much lower level enemies is very overwhelming. All in all I think this game is amazing so far. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just picked up Odyssey after not having played an AC since Black Flag. This one might top BF as my favorite, if only because being a Greek is dope. I also like how they streamlined the climbing and stuff even more. Still getting a handle on the combat, but I'm pretty good at stealth. Just got the mission to go get the shroud.

• Like 1