The Assassin's Creed Series

Mr. X

• 4 weeks later...

Earlier in this thread the fighting system in Syndicate was described as 'Batman-like'...yet I'm surprised no one mentioned the zipline gizmo. That's the full Batman experience right there, and I have to say it is bloody wonderful. 

• 2 weeks later...

While Syndicate has its faults, it is a step in the right direction as far as gameplay for the series. I enjoyed the Jack The Ripper dlc quite a bit too. 

I'm also thrilled with the recent news that Ubisoft is going to cut back on releasing Assassin's Creed annually if it means they spend the time on the story as well as polishing up the games so that disasters like Unity don't happen again.

No Assassin's Creed in 2016. Next will be set in Egypt.

EDIT: No main Assassin's Creed game is more accurate. Still have the Russia and China games coming out but those are side scrolling.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

A game set in Egypt and codenamed 'Empire'?

I don't even feel like I can make an educated guess of what time that'll be set in. >_>

I think personalities wise it'll probably be around 40BC, these have the most easily recognisable historical names surrounding it.
There's the assassination of Julius Caesar in 44 by Brutus, the reign of Marcus Antonius and his affair with Cleopatra, then the invasion of Egypt by Octavian.

With Octavian/Augustus forcing Antonius and Cleopatra to suicide and killing Caeserion, and his consolidation of turning Rome into an empire rather than a Republic, he's an obvious choice to be made into the templar big-bad.

Edit: Failed to notice the sarcasm in your post...

Personally i'm more interested in how they'll explain the Assassins in that time-period, since they're originally based off of the Hashashins that were formed around the second crusade. Of course they've said that both templars and assassins have existed in some fashion since time immemorial, but I'm still intrigued in how it will all look.

In general i'm happy they've gone away from the industrial era, I personally don't feel connected with stuff like London/Paris, and I was a lot more drawn to the older stuff, personally the Italian cities from the 2-logy were the best in 'atmosphere'.

Edited by Jasonmufc

32 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Personally i'm more interested in how they'll explain the Assassins in that time-period, since they're originally based off of the Hashashins that were formed around the second crusade. Of course they've said that both templars and assassins have existed in some fashion since time immemorial, but I'm still intrigued in how it will all look.

They've long since established them both going back before then. I remember Xerxes I (a Templar) was killed by an assassin with the first use of the hidden blade in 400BC or so. That was established in Ezio's games.

The entire concept of Templar (order) VS Assassin (free will) is as old as the First Civilization alone.

7 minutes ago, Benji said:

They've long since established them both going back before then. I remember Xerxes I (a Templar) was killed by an assassin with the first use of the hidden blade in 400BC or so. That was established in Ezio's games.

I know they're established as existed since time immemorial, but I was generally more interested in how they're gonna look, since the garb has been mostly based on middle ages / renaissance era clothing. And I doubt they're gonna look as flashy as that in a time where even rich people wore plain looking stuff (especially compared to the Renaissance)

• Like 1

It'd be pretty innocent and inconspicuous to have a white hood on you when you live in an area where the sun beats down blaringly hot all day. Probably go a bit more simplistic like you say with clothes hanging off, but the series has never really been very good at making the assassin's look inconspicuous anyway because they're weirdly obsessed with them looking like they have throughout the entire series.

Just now, Benji said:

It'd be pretty innocent and inconspicuous to have a white hood on you when you live in an area where the sun beats down blaringly hot all day. Probably go a bit more simplistic with clothes hanging off, but the series has never really been very good at making the assassin's look inconspicuous anyway because they're weirdly obsessed with them looking like they have throughout the entire series.

Probably gonna go the way of the Brutus Armor from AC:B, as in looking like an utter madman with wolf pelts and crazily embroidered metal armor that would cost a fortune to craft in Roman times.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_of_Brutus