50 Cent Booed Off Stage

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Guest BacknBlackHoez

50 CENT BOOED OFFSTAGE IN A RAIN OF PLASTIC BOTTLES

50 CENT was dramatically booed off stage tonight at the CARLING WEEKEND: READING festival (August 29).

The rapper was pelted with a shower of plastic bottles from the angry crowd, and even had a camping chair thrown at him, forcing the star to walk off after just twenty five minutes of his Main Stage set.

50 and his G-Unit crew were hit by a rain of bottles as they came onstage, and they even started to pick up the missiles and hurl them back towards the front rows.

Chants of ?50 Cent is a wanker? were heard and the group were jeered and heckled throughout the short appearance.

Attempting to placate the thousands of people, the rapper said: ?We?re just all here to have fun?, and even taunted them by challenging them to all put their middle fingers in the air.

One festival goer told NME.COM: ?What was he even doing up there? It was the worst thing I?ve ever seen.?

After playing hits including ?In Da Club?, ?21 Questions? and ?P.I.M.P?, 50 thanked the crowd and promptly walked off.

The star started his set at 8.10pm, twenty minutes earlier than scheduled, and left at 8.35pm. According to the stage times, he was due to play between 8.30pm and 9.30pm.

Apart from The Streets, 50 was the only rap act on today?s Main Stage bill on a day dominated by hard rock bands, including Placebo, Lostprophets and Dropkick Murphys.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was I the only one who head a neddy vioce near the start shouting "Get it up ye!"

I may be imagining it from lack of sleep, but it sounds exactly the kinda thing you'd hear up the high street at my area.

I respect 50 for not just walking off when the assholes started throwing bottles. I have one question though, and that is why would they have 50 there, he's the only rapper on the bill, couldnt they have some other rocker and leave him off? That makes no sense, its kinda obvious that they are going to boo him.

Yeah, I was there. Wasn't funny. Bunch of fuckers being racist, shouting really fucked up shit and chucking camping chairs, piss and shit. I don't like 50 Cent, but Jesus Christ have some respect. It would have made more of an impact if no one turned up to the main stage instead.

Way to go Reading.

He shouldn't ahve been on the bill. Leeds/Reading ahve always been advertised as rock shows, just look at who headlines.

The organsiers need sorting out though, they had fucking Daphne and celeste up there a few years ago, tehy got soaked in bottles of piss.

So they can't at least TRY to let other music play there, without throwing lawnchairs and spewing racial shit as fineintent pointed out? Having pride in your own music is one thing, but not being open, or at LEAST patient of other music is another.