EWR 2014 Stats Update: December ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Literally no fault of AJ's at all.

I'd dispute that for reasons already stated, but if you find it easier to believe that there's been a recent spate of otherwise experienced and professional performers injuring themselves exclusively on one move from one wrestler rather than even entertain the thought that the haphazard way AJ performs said move even might be the one constant in all this, go ahead.

As for whether the discussion belongs here or not, I'd argue that AJ's stiffness needs an increase and attitude needs a decrease based on precisely that, but if the majority think otherwise, I'll concede.

How do you "brace" to change something, it's literally two or three clicks, hardly a lot to prepare for... not to mention there's no idea as to whether it is actually happening imminently.

James, that's simply how I chose to word it. I didn't literally mean, "Stay at your computer at all times and prepare to move him up to the Main Roster." The things that some people will be assholes about never fail to amuse me.

How are we looking for Grado stats? Any luck?

• Like 1

I tend to round figures out but this could be a started point.

Name: Grado

Short Name: Grado

Birth Month: Unknown

Age: 30 (Not accurate but set up at being 20 on his debut)

Weight: Middleweight

Stats:

Brawling: 35

Speed: 10

Tech: 30

Stiff: 25

Sell: 50

Over: 25

Charisma: 65

Attitude: 90

Behavior: 90

Speaks: Yes

Nationality: Scottish

Primary Finisher: Wee Boot (Impact)

Title Changes (Includes WWE spoilers):

2cw Heavyweight Title: Nick Ando (stats given last month)
AAA Mega Heavyweight Title: El Patron
AAW Hertiage Title: Christian Faith
Anarachy Heayweight Title: Vacant
Anarchy Tag Team Titles: Vacant
Anarchy Young Lions Title: Vacant
APW Tag Team Titles: Levi Shapiro & Buddy Royal (stats given last month)
APW Worldwide Internet: Virgil Flynn (stats given last month)
CW Heavyweight Title: Donovan Dijak
CW Women's Title: Kasey Ray
ECCW Hardcore Title: Moondog Manson
ECCW Heavyweight Title: Bishop
ECWA Mid-Atlantic Title: Chris Wylde
ECWA Unified Heavyweight Title: Ricky Martinez
Hollywood Heritage Title: The Hobo (stats given last month)
Hollywood Heritage Tag Team Titles: Johnny Yuma & Johnny Goodtime
ECWA Unified Tag Team Titles: Vacant
IWC Super Indy Title: Andrew Palace
IWC Tag Team Titles: Jimmy DeMarco & Vendetta IWC
MCW Tag Team Titles: Napalm Bomb & Solo
NWA Canadian Heavyweight Title: Sid Sylum
NWA/ECCW Tag Team Title: Vacant
NWA/ECCW Vancouver Island Title: BJ Laredo
PWS Tri-State Title: The Amazing Red
PWS Heavyweight Title: Mario Brako (In the game as Mo Sexton)
PWS Tag Team Title Alex Reynolds & Kyle Reynolds
TNA World Tag Team Titles: Abyss & James Storm
TNA X Division Title: Low Ki
WWC Puerto Rican Title: Chicano
WWC Universal Title: Carlito
WWC World Junior Heavyweight Title: Vacant
WWC World Tag Team Titles: Miguelito Perez & Huracan Castillo
WWE Intercontinental Title: Dolph Ziggler
WWE Tag Team Titles: Jimmy Uso & Jey Uso
Remove:
AAA Fusion (merged with the AAA Cruiserweight)
ECWA K-Cup Tag Team (tournament)
ECWA Super 8 (tournament)
MAV TV (redundant?)
Add
Name: Andrew Palace
Short Name: Palace
Nationality: American
Birthmonth: Unknown
Weight: Lightweight
Wages: $10,000
Employer #1: IWC
Disposition: Tweener
Position: Lower Midcard
Gimmick: Cocky
Stats: 32/63/37/33/50/20/55/85/85
Primary Finisher: Aviation
Secondary Finisher: Step Above

Name: Donovan Dijak

Short Name: Dijak
Employer #1: CW
Disposition: Face
Position: Midcard
Stats: 63/28/32/35/50/30/55/85/85
Primary Finisher: Reverse Death Valley Driver
Secondary Finisher: Standing Backbreaker
Alter Ego: Dijak, Donovan Dijack, Dijack

Kyle Reynolds

Wages: $5,000
Employer #1: PWS
Disposition: Heel
Position: Cocky
Stats: 42/62/51/36/55/18/55/85/85
Primary Finisher: DDT
Secondary Finisher: DDT

Name: Michael Hayes

Short Name: Hayes
Employer #1: OVW
Position: Lower Midcard
Gimmick: Old School Face
Stats: 38/55/56/36/55/28/55/85/85
Primary Finisher: DDT
Secondary Finisher: DDT

Name:

The Mexecutioner
Short Name: Mex
Employer #1: OVW
Position: Opener
Stats: 45/32/30/30/54/28/55/85/85
Primary Finisher: Deloran Driver
Secondary Finisher: Deloran Driver
Alter Ego: Roberto De Luna

Name: Vendetta IWC

Short Name: Vendetta
Nationality: Canadian
Employer #1: IWC
Disposition: Tweener
Position: Opener
Stats: 54/52/35/30/62/25/55/85/85
Primary Finisher: Vendettanator
Secondary Finisher: Stampede Spinebuster

Add a Tag Tam called TerreMex with Randy Terrez and The Mexecutioner at 10 exp.
Add a Tag Team called The Hollywood Balds with Jimmy DeMarco and Vendetta IWC at 15 exp.
Din T Moore is The Beer City Brusier, add Dinn T. Moore, Dinty Moore, Matt Winchester as alter egos.
WWE spoilers:

Adam Rose is a heel.

Christian should be a non-worker.
Konnor and Viktor should be tweeners.

Multiple people suffering the same injury from the same move by the same guy in a short space of time makes it hard to suggest "they injured themselves", doesn't it?

No, considering that's what happened.

One wrestler makes it seem like they injured themselves, two I would still somewhat agree but three is where I start to think it is a trend of the wrestler who executes the move, not the one who takes it. In the one that as shown it did look like taker error by Strong. We will never know the details with Lionheart as PCW took down the video. The video from the Yoshitatsu injury hasn't really circulated yet so unless people saw Tatsu screwed it up, there's no proof. The common denominator is AJ.

Clearly looks like Yoshitatsu doesn't tuck his head back properly to me

In which case AJ shouldn't have continued with the move considering Yoshi wasn't properly in position. Again, the common factors in all these injuries are AJ Styles and the Styles Clash, not the guy taking the move. If there were a spate of experienced wrestlers "not tucking their head properly" on any other move, maybe there'd be an argument for it, but I don't see it being anyone but AJ's fault on one level or another.

you can not stop a move halfway through just because your opponent doesn't have his head tucked properly (i don't aj could even tell that yoshi wasnt in position) the fact is in this case the blame goes totally to yoshi

Yoshi isn't fully in position before AJ starts to hit the move - and that's consistent with every time he's injured somebody with the Styles Clash, he's rushed the set-up, and hit it before the other guy is safely in position. Wrestling is about trust - if you can't tell if the other guy is safely in position, then that's not a move you should be using in the first place. If Yoshi Tatsu - or anyone else - had never taken the move before, then AJ shouldn't have expected them to just take it on the night, they should have run through it or else not used that move at all.

The blame is absolutely on AJ Styles. If it was a one-off, I'd say perhaps not, but the constants are AJ Styles and that move. If it had been a one-off, maybe you could say the "blame" goes on the guy taking it, but when he's consistently injuring people with the same move it's absurd to not put at least some of the blame on Styles, especially when the guy getting injured has never been injured in his life.

Part of me wonders how much of it is to do with it being AJ Styles involved - I doubt so many people would be rushing to defend him if it were a big musclebound oaf injuring people, but because it's an old indie darling with great EWR stats that keeps breaking people's necks, it must be the other guy, even when the other guy is someone who's never been injured before in his life.

Think it might have more to do with having seen him do the move for ten years every week on TV and only have that mess up happen once or twice. If Kurt Angle, who can barely move his neck, can put his head back far enough and keep it back I'm inclined to believe pretty much everyone else can and it's just their fault if they don't.

Multiple people suffering the same injury from the same move by the same guy in a short space of time makes it hard to suggest "they injured themselves", doesn't it?

No, considering that's what happened.

One wrestler makes it seem like they injured themselves, two I would still somewhat agree but three is where I start to think it is a trend of the wrestler who executes the move, not the one who takes it. In the one that as shown it did look like taker error by Strong. We will never know the details with Lionheart as PCW took down the video. The video from the Yoshitatsu injury hasn't really circulated yet so unless people saw Tatsu screwed it up, there's no proof. The common denominator is AJ.

Clearly looks like Yoshitatsu doesn't tuck his head back properly to me

In which case AJ shouldn't have continued with the move considering Yoshi wasn't properly in position. Again, the common factors in all these injuries are AJ Styles and the Styles Clash, not the guy taking the move. If there were a spate of experienced wrestlers "not tucking their head properly" on any other move, maybe there'd be an argument for it, but I don't see it being anyone but AJ's fault on one level or another.

you can not stop a move halfway through just because your opponent doesn't have his head tucked properly (i don't aj could even tell that yoshi wasnt in position) the fact is in this case the blame goes totally to yoshi

Yoshi isn't fully in position before AJ starts to hit the move - and that's consistent with every time he's injured somebody with the Styles Clash, he's rushed the set-up, and hit it before the other guy is safely in position. Wrestling is about trust - if you can't tell if the other guy is safely in position, then that's not a move you should be using in the first place. If Yoshi Tatsu - or anyone else - had never taken the move before, then AJ shouldn't have expected them to just take it on the night, they should have run through it or else not used that move at all.

The blame is absolutely on AJ Styles. If it was a one-off, I'd say perhaps not, but the constants are AJ Styles and that move. If it had been a one-off, maybe you could say the "blame" goes on the guy taking it, but when he's consistently injuring people with the same move it's absurd to not put at least some of the blame on Styles, especially when the guy getting injured has never been injured in his life.

Part of me wonders how much of it is to do with it being AJ Styles involved - I doubt so many people would be rushing to defend him if it were a big musclebound oaf injuring people, but because it's an old indie darling with great EWR stats that keeps breaking people's necks, it must be the other guy, even when the other guy is someone who's never been injured before in his life.

Think it might have more to do with having seen him do the move for ten years every week on TV and only have that mess up happen once or twice. If Kurt Angle, who can barely move his neck, can put his head back far enough and keep it back I'm inclined to believe pretty much everyone else can and it's just their fault if they don't.

Besides Kazarian in 2003, AJ rarely botched the Styles Clash and it wasn't until this year he had a rash of injuries related to the move. There were three known injuries. The last two putting the recipients on the shelf for a year. Is their blame on the other guy, sure but AJ bears some blame especially when you had three injuries from the same move within ten months. Ryback injured as many wrestlers in a period and got an increase himself.

Anyway, I got a question based on NXT guys debuting on the main roster, in the last few months we have seen some NXT guys debut on the main roster on RAWs, Main Event and also done the house show circuits. Adrian Neville, Charlotte, Sami Zayn and Tyler Breeze have all been on the main roster with house shows, dark matches and even RAW and Main Event matches despite having a proper debut. Should they be on the main roster to start off the game or leave them in developmental.

But surely, by the same token, having seen Yoshi Tatsu wrestle for ten years without sustaining a single injury it's a bit rich to say "it must be his fault"?

"He's done it plenty of times without hurting anyone" doesn't absolve AJ of blame for the times that he does hurt people.

Will GFW be added for the January update?

I would guess not, because the only three people on the roster right now would be Jeff Jarrett, Karen Jarrett, and Scott D'Amore.

That and GFW would have only produced one show with talent from another company that they didn't even run. I don't recall putting New Japan talent in the Jersey All Pro roster in 2011 when JAPW produced the NJPW American shows similar to GFW with just broadcasting a pay-per view. Lucha Underground have produced about 11/12 weeks of programming, aired eight of them on a station that is sligtly national and still aren't in the game as are other promotions who have done years worth of shows.

Speaking of adding promotions, of any suggested save maybe splitting FWE and HoH, Lucha Underground should be the next one based on producing regular television for an entire quarter now (minus the holiday break.)

So, after having to basically reformat my computer and reinstall everything, taking up a good chunk of December, the plan is to have the January 2015 update out sometime before this weekend, hopefully within the next 48 hours... Gonna try and cram as much as I can in when I have free time, but probably won't get everything that was originally planned.

-Bill