2015 College Football Thread

I'm glad that this ended up being an entertaining National Title game after a mostly terrible bowl season.  Too bad Clemson couldn't win it though, they're a really likable team.  In any given year Bama winning the title is about the most boring outcome imaginable and this year is no exception.

I would love to see a year where Bama just play mediocre football all year and don't even make it into a major bowl, but given their recruiting classes every year I'm not sure that's a realistic possibility anytime soon.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bad News Busch said:

I'm glad that this ended up being an entertaining National Title game after a mostly terrible bowl season.  Too bad Clemson couldn't win it though, they're a really likable team.  In any given year Bama winning the title is about the most boring outcome imaginable and this year is no exception.

I would love to see a year where Bama just play mediocre football all year and don't even make it into a major bowl, but given their recruiting classes every year I'm not sure that's a realistic possibility anytime soon.

Bowl season was great!

55 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I'm a Big Ten/Illinois fan. So I'm just used to being slagged. 

:( I like Illinois a lot :( 

10 minutes ago, Plubby said:

Bowl season was great!

:( I like Illinois a lot :( 

Why in the hell would you like Illinois out of all the teams in the NCAA? I've lived my entire life in the city where the University of Illinois is, so I was kind of born into rooting for the home team. I'm really hoping that in the near future we get a decent AD who can build up at least a high-mid Big 10 team.

1 hour ago, Bad News Busch said:

2000-2007, happier times.

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

Why in the hell would you like Illinois out of all the teams in the NCAA? I've lived my entire life in the city where the University of Illinois is, so I was kind of born into rooting for the home team. I'm really hoping that in the near future we get a decent AD who can build up at least a high-mid Big 10 team.

I ordered a Boise State polo online and received an Illinois one. It had a Boise warehouse ID sticker, so I presume some goose got them mixed up 'cos they were both orange. I had the polo, so why not, right? :D

21 hours ago, Mr. X said:

It's Plubby. Liking the most arbitrary football teams/players is his thing. <_<

• Like 2

I'd like to send a special Fuck You out to EA for reviving their NCAA Football facebook page for no fucking reason to post something stupid about the title game and get everyone's hopes up.

• Like 3

Ozzie Newsome went to Alabama and he's been the architect of the Ravens success. So I'm not too anti-Alabama I'm more anti-people talking about Alabama. Saban's the best at what he does, every recruiting class he's had at Alabama has won a national title. That is an insane accomplishment. And only coach besides Leahy to win 4 in 7 years.