Favorite Sitcoms

=BK=

I've pretty much not watched it since it first came out on DVD, but the first series of Coupling was superb.

M*A*S*H is a good shout too, though a lot of that's just tied up with childhood memories so it's hard to know how much I like it just for the nostalgia of it.

Can't believe I forgot Bottom, though!

I'm Alan Partridge, Father Ted and Blackadder are the undoubted top three then it gets more blurry. Flight of the Conchords is lovely, I loved The Office (and Extras. And Derek), and it would have to include some Matt Berry somewhere so I'd have to say early Mighty Boosh other than the lack of Ayoade. Fuck it, Nathan Barley and Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Blackadder

Only Fools

Porridge

Those 3 stand out then it's any 2 from Friends, Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Open All Hours, Keeping Up Appearances, Goodnight Sweetheart and probably a couple of others I'm forgetting.

I totally forgot about Allo Allo, Royle Family and the IT Crowd. Outnumbered was really good when it first started too, not really seen it recently but I caught a couple of episodes a couple of years back and it didn't seem as good as the kids got older

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is hilarious.

Darkplace with the DVD commentary over the top is funnier than 99.999% of things I've ever seen.

Also, throw in Bottom, Mighty Boosh, House of Fools, Office (UK), Alan Partridge and Saxondale for my list.

Edited by Captain New JaPenn
  • Like 1

Darkplace with the DVD commentary over the top is funnier than 99.999% of things I've ever seen.

It's years since I've watched it, but Dr Sanchez' reaction to Stephen Merchant as the chef ("What the fuck is that?!?") has stuck in my mind forever.

• Like 1