I like looking at the band member timeline graph thingies on wikipedia.

K

14 hours ago, Malenko said:

I just thought it could be a fun game trying to guess which band we're talking about based on the timeline graph (minus their names), but I guess it would work better n music boards.

The one I posted above should be fairly easy to guess (well, maybe) just based on the first band member. Narrows it down quite a bit I think.

First I thought Sepultura, but thats Max Cavalera...and I really don't know why I know that because I've literally never listened to Sepultura

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Serpenticloud said:

You aren't very far off!

Googling it, I see that but again, I really don't know why I know who the singer for Sepultura is since I've never listened to them lol

13 minutes ago, Lint said:

Googling it, I see that but again, I really don't know why I know who the singer for Sepultura is since I've never listened to them lol

If you've listened to metal extensively or been around metalheads you've probably heard of them/heard people talk about Soulfly, or Sepultura, or Cavalera Conspiracy, etc. etc. and just kinda learned the name through osmosis I would guess. I need to go listen to Sepultura now.

15 hours ago, Serpenticloud said:

If you've listened to metal extensively or been around metalheads you've probably heard of them/heard people talk about Soulfly, or Sepultura, or Cavalera Conspiracy, etc. etc. and just kinda learned the name through osmosis I would guess. I need to go listen to Sepultura now.

See I know Max Cavalera had a bro. I knew that band name ages ago but I can't remember. I feel like it is so obvious. I'm just gonna look it up...

Edit- wait...its his son. Ok, you got me Cloudy.

9 hours ago, Serpenticloud said:

Ayyyyyy I know that one!

yea, Scott Ian being the only member really gives it away lol

9 hours ago, S O I L said:

lYgciEv.png

Why do some of them sound like Lovecraftian Elder Gods?

2 minutes ago, S O I L said:

The darkest Lovecraftian Elder God....

....Kimberly Goss

Well I was thinking more Astennu, Nagash, Gerloiz, Shagrath...

• Like 1

I recognize Hellhammer and that's it. Just going off that I'm assuming black metal band but I'm not versed enough to know which one if it isn't Mayhem (and it isn't Mayhem).

4 hours ago, Lint said:

Well I was thinking more Astennu, Nagash, Gerloiz, Shagrath...

The best thing about Shagrath is this from his Wikipedia page;

Shagrath has said this about his stage name: "Shagrath is an orc demon from the book Lord of the Rings. I chose the name thirteen years ago, so it's kinda crappy that Lord of the Rings has become so big now. Fortunately it [the name] didn't get that much attention in the movie, so it turned out all OK."[4] The Tolkien character Shagrat, an orc commander over Cirith Ungol, is however not a demon in Tolkien lore.

Trying to "before it was cool" about Lord Of The Rings is fucking hilarious, and doing it while getting the name wrong is even funnier.

• Haha 5

I was gonna say "I know that one based on Jimmy Pop alone", but then I looked up and in the second line it kinda spoils what band it is :lol:

ffw44tqpehfpeeq4a4gs2fimjgs2uh8.png

• 1 month later...