Named Sporting Moments?

Liam

The Greatest Game Ever Played - Baltimore Colts over the New York Giants, 23-17 in overtime, December 28, 1958

The Play - California beats Stanford 25-20 on a last second kickoff return, November 20, 1982. California uses 5 lateral passes to score a touchdown, going through Stanford's band who took the field while the play was still going on. John Elway was the losing QB, and it was his last college game.

*edit* here's the video. Play close attention to what happens around the :29 or :30 mark.

Besides The Play and the Music City Miracle, there are also the River City Relay (Saints vs. Jags, but the Saints lost by one point; the play would have tied the game, but the Saints' kicker missed the extra point) and the Mississippi Miracle (two NCAA Division III schools that no one gives a damn about)

Edited by GhostMachine

As a Cleveland fan...

Red Right 88 [Video]

The Drive [Video]

The Fumble [Video]

The Shot [Video]

The Decision [Video]

The Catch [Video]

The Curse of Rocky Colavito

The Bug Game [Video] which of course led to the Indians blowing a 3-1 lead in the ALCS.

Ten Cent Beer Night

And yes, all of this revolves around one city for you Europeans which may not be familiar...

Edited by OGpistolpete
  • Like 1

Ah, the behind the line of scrimmage is the key bit. I was wondering why players wouldn't just pass like they do in Rugby.

One for each of my teams

The Miracle on Manchester - The Kings come back from 5 goals down to beat the heavily favored Oilers and eventually knock them out of the playoffs.

Point Four - Derek Fisher scores with 0.4 seconds on the clock to beat San Antonio.

Gibson's Homerun - I've talked about it before, but it's the number one moment in LA sports history. Kirk Gibson, injured, not playing, pinch hits and sends a bomb to right field of the best reliever in baseball in Game One of a World Series the Dodgers are heavy underdogs in, and they go on to win.

Bo versus The Boz - so many for the Raiders, but I'll go with one I actually saw. Brian Bosworth had been talking much shit about Bo Jackson, until Bo ran him, and the Seattle Seahawks, over on Monday Night Football