Complete Your Collection

Benji

It's a great pirate game. I'd rank it as the best assassins creed.

Speaking of which I've gone back to Unity in order to complete that. It's not as fun as black flag as I don't have the boat and I'm stuck in one place again. :(

I view them a bit like the Zelda or GTA series in that nothing really changes the core of the game and you probably wouldn't want to play two or more in the series back to back.

The difference being the other games have huge development times between sequels while Assassins Creed is a yearly series. Nearly everyone is just tired of them at this point.

• Like 1

How similar is the combat to that of the Arkham games? That would be a great draw for me.

Prepare to be drawn greatly, then.

It's almost a match, with a system added for meeting and fighting recurring baddies that have defeated you in the past.

Pretty much everything else is the same, barring how they actually move. Attacks counters and temp stuns..all what you know.

How similar is the combat to that of the Arkham games? That would be a great draw for me.

It's almost a match, with a system added for meeting and fighting recurring baddies that have defeated you in the past.

Pretty much everything else is the same, barring how they actually move. Attacks counters and temp stuns..all what you know.

Sounds delightful. I'll be looking into getting it whenever I have some time and a good deal springs up.

• Like 1

Sounds delightful. I'll be looking into getting it whenever I have some time and a good deal springs up.

I just want to add that I love the Arkham games and I think that the combat in this is even more fun. I guy its to do with the fact you're actually killing the guys rather than beating up.. there are some awesome visuals. When you do the equivalent of a 'finishing move' it feels so damn satisfying.

Finally finished Shadow of Mordor!

Well...

I finished the main story and did more than half of the "white" quests. Didn't see the point in doing any more because I was easily able to beat just about any enemy most of the time. Good story, good game... slightly odd ending, thought it would have been slightly more fitting if the Wraith had have just moved on and the Ranger died. I guess if that had have happened then the ability to play post game wouldn't make sense. In the event of getting through my games, I may go back and do the extra stuff for fun, but as far as I'm concerned I am done with this for now.

I'm still playing Final Fantasy X although I have barely progressed since my last post so I don't have much to say. I feel I should pick something else non-rpg to play alongside it, having different kinds of games on the go at once seems to help.

Finally finished Shadow of Mordor!

Well...

I finished the main story and did more than half of the "white" quests. Didn't see the point in doing any more because I was easily able to beat just about any enemy most of the time. Good story, good game... slightly odd ending, thought it would have been slightly more fitting if the Wraith had have just moved on and the Ranger died. I guess if that had have happened then the ability to play post game wouldn't make sense. In the event of getting through my games, I may go back and do the extra stuff for fun, but as far as I'm concerned I am done with this for now.

I also think it's because they plan to do a sequel from what I've heard.

• Like 1

ent_logo.png

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: WAR OF THE LIONS

Released October 5, 2007

Bought on release day

Play Through Status: Map 33 of 69 (still)

Sooo... I discovered that there's a whole element of the game I've missed out on - bar quests. Started doing them for some spoils, whilst also leveling other characters. I've also discovered the mediator and brought in some high bravery characters, but struggling to find any high faith characters to bring in with them, which is annoying since I only had one in my team in the first place, and all the rest were wildly varying between poor and good.

Enjoying the grind at the moment because it feels like I'm getting somewhere and discovering new stuff as I do so, but I'll be on the road again soon because I'm about Level 36, and the story fights I'm up against soon are about Lv32 if the previous curve is anything to go by >_>

fc4-global-header-logo_142138.png

Trophy Progress: 23/58

Making some strides in the main story and swept up a few of the collectible ones. The wonderful thing about this game is you don't need to get all the collectibles for the trophies, it gives it to you after you've done about 20% of each type :P

• Like 2

Haven't picked up any new trophies on Far Cry in a while, despite playing it a fair bit. Up to about 40% completion now. Anyway, progress has been made elsewhere!

OlliOlli-2.png

Trophy Progress: 8/27

I only got this originally because it was free at the time, but it's one of those masochistic games that piss you off to the point that you won't accept not continuing. I like having one of those around, so I'll probably keep going on this for a while. Really hard to get the trophies on the first one anyway, so :P

2658294-bg.jpg

Trophy Progress: 31/49

You get them automatically by playing through, so it isn't too taxing, but the story itself is interesting. One of them was bugged though, so it didn't pop. Need to see if they've patched that :P

Gonna jump in on this in the hope that it motivates me to play some of my outstanding catalogue of games, rather than the FM, LoL, Random MMO, GTA Online, cycle that I've been in for the past I don't know how long.

Not setting myself any 'rules' as I invariably won't stick to them. I'll decide as I play each game individually whether I want to 100% it or just complete the main story.

Right then, games... Spoilered for size because, "Lol at how many games I buy and don't play".

PS4

*Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster

Alien Isolation

Grand Theft Auto V

Infamous First Light

*The Last of Us Remastered

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

Valiant Hearts

Olli Olli 2

Spelunky

Dust: An Elysian Tale

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes - Due to come on PS+ in June, so will no doubt pick it up.

PC

Alien versus Predator

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

*Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition

Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition

Batman Arkham Origins

BioShock

BioShock 2

BioShock Infinite

Borderlands 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Cook, Serve, Delicious

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

*Dead Space

Deus Ex: Game of the Year: Edition

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Deus Ex: Invisible War

Deus Ex: The Fall

Dishonored

*Dragon Age: Origins

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Don't Starve

Dying Light - Assuming it actually runs on my PC!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Far Cry 3

Grand Theft Auto

Grand Theft Auto 2

Grand Theft Auto III

Grand Theft Auto IV

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Just Cause 2

The Last Remnant

Limbo

The Longest Journey

Saints Row: The Third

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Star Wars: Dark Forces

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy

Star Wars Republic Commando

Star Wars: Empire at War

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

State of Decay

Tomb Raider (2013)

Torchlight II

Starred games are ones that I have completed historically (on various platforms), but would like another play through.

The ones in bold are the ones I can see myself actually playing. Some of the others, like the first Deus Ex for example, really don't hold up well today and all those GTA and Star Wars games probably won't hold my attention either. Who knows? Maybe I'll get realllly bored.

Also, games I would like to own and will probably do so whilst I am playing through the above;

PS4

Game of Thrones Episode 3 & 4 - Have played the first two, so will definitely be grabbing these two asap.

Bloodborne

Lego Jurassic World

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

PC

Just Cause

Mass Effect Trilogy

Dragon Age 2

Sleeping Dogs

L.A. Noire

Walking Dead: Season 2

Alan Wake

Dead Space 2 & 3

Dark Souls 2

Grim Fandango HD Remaster

Monkey Island series

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy (depending on where you live!)

The Wolf Among Us

Life Is Strange

Ghostbusters

Half Life 2 & 'Episode' add ons

Black Mesa

Yay for Steam Sales... I probably have the rest of my life catered for in this list. The really depressing thing is I'm sure I've missed some. Better get cracking.

First up will be Final Fantasy X - since I'm already playing it. Might throw in another alongside it, depending on how my free time fares over the next few days.

OlliOlli-2.png

Trophy Progress: 12/27

I'm actually really enjoying this game, they made a lot of good improvements from the first one. Picked up another four which are basically just milestone trophies (do 500 of this, do 100 of these, reach this area...) so getting into the nitty gritty bits where I have to actually get good at the game soon.

Final-Fantasy-XX-2-HD-Remaster.png

I was going to play something else alongside this so I didn't get bored, but man I can't get bored of this. Story is awesome (even if the dialogue is slightly cheesy at times), everything looks amazing, the music is wonderful and the battles/sphere system is just really nice. I've forgotten enough since the last time I played (original release) that a bunch of stuff still seems new, or surprises me too.

Just got to the bit where the Crusaders set the trap for Sin and it all went to shit, many people died

:( Seymour is a dick, while he seems to have good points when it comes to stuff I can't help but feel he has ulterior motives. I'm half expecting he supported the Crusaders knowing they would get wiped, so he can use them as an example of what happens when you go against Yevon.

Wakka is cool but needs to get his head out of his ass. Rikku needs to re-appear soon and Kimahri needs to say something. Other than that I love how every character can do things the others can't. When fighting the sinspawn Scorpion boss thing, I used every character in the battle at least once, they all had something useful to add.