Complete Your Collection

Benji

I just got the last rare weapon I needed in Dark Souls, which aside from the achievement for getting all the other achievements, was the last one I needed.

I dread to think of how many hundreds of hours I've played on it but even now, I just feel like starting a new character to try a different play style, different weapon combo or some handicap (level limit, base gear etc etc). That or wait until 2 becomes BC on the One or buy SotFS edition of it on the One.

I’ve gotten to the point where I have so many games I just want to finish them. Especially if I got it cheap, I’m happy just to play through the story and move on.

First was Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I actually did the majority of this game, there wasn’t an insane amount of side stuff. It ended up being really good even if Jensen is a little bland as a protagonist.

Next was Dead Island. Gameplay was fun, if not repetitive after a awhile - although I fully appreciate its meant to be played with other people. Story was generic as fuck though and I realised that at the end when *spoiler* a main supporting character gets killed and there’s slow mo and sad music... I did not care in the slightest. Oh well, it’s done at least.

• 4 weeks later...

header.jpg?t=1519386827

Achievement Progress: 31 of 31(100%)
Those last few were a grind. Literally spent the last 3+hrs driving across 3 states, obeying the road laws and making sure I rested, stayed fueled up, and my hauls weight limit was exceptionally high (170,000lbs). This one delivery got me the last 4 'cheeves I needed.
Now to scrap that save and start fresh with no distractions like "I need to divert through these towns"

header.jpg?t=1524524149
Achievement Progress: 52 of 60(87%)
The grind begins.
Have to push for level 100 (Currently 51). Have to get 1000 kills in one game mode (Currently 158).
Have to collect ALL weapos across three grades (This will take munnies). Have to get good. (This is the hardest part.

Ticked off a couple more EU4 achievements in my Brandenburg game earlier:

A_Fine_Goosestep.jpg

A Fine Goosestep
Form Prussia and have at least 125% discipline

An_early_Reich.jpg

An Early Reich
Form Germany

Not sure what to aim for next. The 'enact all Imperial reforms' one seems daunting because no one ever seems to get past the first two in any game I've seen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I finally finished GTA5. Determined to clear a bit of my PS3 backlog before finally investing in a PS4 just in time for PS5 to be a thing.

So I've stuck Metal Gear Solid 4 back in and loaded my save, last played March 2013. Erk. No idea what's going on but I've just spent an hour following a whistling man. If I wasn't a completionist I'd have given up already...

• 1 month later...

I finished MGS4! Or at least I think I have, I've been watching an hour of cut scenes and want to go to bed.

Quite enjoyed it when I got back into it, but was glad the last fight was what it was given I'd utterly nailed all my rations coming up to the Mantis fight. I literally rolled through all the robot things on the way to the end and ended up with a third of my energy left panicking I had one big fight left. Not a ruddy clue what the story is about...

• 3 months later...

"Hm, the Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for PS4... Those three games were great, of course, but buying them again for a different console would be silly."

The trophies from the original games are retained with the exception of those that were multiplayer-based, which have been removed.

"STEP ASIDE, I HAVE FEATHERS TO COLLECT"

• 1 year later...
On 05/09/2019 at 14:09, stokeriño said:

"Hm, the Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for PS4... Those three games were great, of course, but buying them again for a different console would be silly."

"STEP ASIDE, I HAVE FEATHERS TO COLLECT"

Basically been me the last month or two. Ezio Trilogy is the best, platinumed 2, and finisher Brotherhood the other night, now to start Revelations.

• Like 1