Complete Your Collection

Benji

Question for you "Trophy Nonces" (TM Niner), do you guys use Guides to complete these? Cause I don't think I've ever completed a game, collected everything and not used a guide. I mean I can beat games without them but I don't think I could ever gather everything without a guide.

2 hours ago, Jericode said:

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Stuff like the Telltale Games don't need one and things like Rocket League and FIFA are usually straight forward, but some games have some stupidly difficult collectibles that defy logic without a guide.

For example - Fez - which I completed this weekend and felt zero guilt using a guide for because some of the puzzle solutions are downright obnoxious.

• Like 1

Because I'm primarily a PC player, I haven't even considered the trophies on console. In saying that...
header.jpg
100% Complete - 111/111 Achievements.
I forgot about this and just went on a grind to finish the last challenge. uninstalled and to be forgotten :lol:

PS3
6fe1504440b79618dae9b6e011895b75.jpg
100% complete.

883bc6b6e2414edc87a9b9bf26539f64.jpg
100% Complete
Need to check this and above for trophies. Most will be done barring any online stuff.

d7a31b09be37e7289d9a5f3059ccb348.jpg
67.55% Complete
Just opened up the third island. Start off with pigeons and stunt jumps. Most Wanted Lists and Random Strangers are next then missions
I'll probably won't worry about the trophies upon completion of the Liberty City Stories games. Most likely to be all online stuff and I don't want to play online.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2017 at 16:55, Chuck Tingle said:

*previous update on FFX HD status*

VWZCTxM.jpg

UPDATE: Just made it to Macalania. Not stuck, was grinding the shit out of the Thunder Plains until Lulu learned the -aga spells. Finally got there yesterday. Side note: Auron can nearly gurantee a one-hit overkill on Iron Giants, nearly hit the first damage limit once with a critical hit (~9100 HP).

• 3 weeks later...

FINAL FANTASY X HD
Story status: Calm Lands, post Father Zuke appearance.
Sidequest updates: 24/26 Al Bhed primers found, 9/10 Jecht Spheres, 10 of every monster in the Calm Lands captured, chocobo training done (including the sub-0 second race win needed to get to where Caladbolg is)
Next goal: Grind a bit more, get Yuna to learn Holy, deciding which parts of the Sphere Grid move to after finishing their section of it. Reminem Temple races, get all available rewards. Celestial Weapons, including finally learning how to properly blitzball somewhat).

Final Fantasy X HD
Story status: right before Lady Yunalesca
Sidequests:

• 10 of every monster captured for the Calm Lands/Cavern of the Stolen Fayth/Mt. Gagazet
  • 25/26 Al Bhed Primers
  • 10/10 Jecht Spheres
  • Chocobo training/both Calm Lands and Reminem Temple chocobo races won (all five prizes for Reminem race won)

Next: Airship! MORE MONSTER HUNTING! Picking up Anima and the Magus Sisters! Celestial Weapons! Trying my luck once with Dark Valefor for kicks before getting serious about Dark Aeons! (and blitzball, but fuck blitzball outside of Wakka's Celestial Weapon and Attack Reels)

I thought I was going to platinum Persona 5 last night. "Oh yeah, just got to beat [secret side boss spoiler]

Spoiler

The Twins

...and that'll be done. I'm Level 99 and generally pretty badass. Should be long-winded but easy, right?"

Nooooooooooooooope. 

Now I'm going to have to go through the tedium of grinding for money in Mementos in order to get all the best weapons/perfecting my top persona's moveset with sacrifices/etc. I had no idea when I started this NG+ that by far and away the thing I'd spend the most money on would be endlessly summoning personas from the register. 

On 16/01/2016 at 09:48, Colly said:

Via the power of paternity leave I have finished Mass Effect 3 which was good fun. Now trying to decide between X-Com, GTA V and Tomb Raider, plus probably SSX in between and I'm going to buy Lego Marvel to play with my 4 year old.

Well, it only took me about 20 months to finish Tomb Raider. I'm not good at this. Still X-com or GTA5 to come... 

On 9/14/2017 at 00:36, Chuck Tingle said:

Final Fantasy X HD
Story status: right before Lady Yunalesca
Sidequests:

• 10 of every monster captured for the Calm Lands/Cavern of the Stolen Fayth/Mt. Gagazet
  • 25/26 Al Bhed Primers
  • 10/10 Jecht Spheres
  • Chocobo training/both Calm Lands and Reminem Temple chocobo races won (all five prizes for Reminem race won)

Next: Airship! MORE MONSTER HUNTING! Picking up Anima and the Magus Sisters! Celestial Weapons! Trying my luck once with Dark Valefor for kicks before getting serious about Dark Aeons! (and blitzball, but fuck blitzball outside of Wakka's Celestial Weapon and Attack Reels)

UPDATE:

• I can airship.
  • 10 of every monster from Besaid/Kilika/Mi'ihen Highroad/Djose/Thunder Plains/Calm Lands/Cavern of the Stolen Fayth/Mt. Gagazet
  • All aeons obtained
  • Celestial Weapons for Tidus/Yuna/Lulu/Auron fully powered
  • Blitzball can still fuck off.
  • Gonna swing by the Omega Ruins next.

• 3 weeks later...

header.jpg
100% Complete(Incl. DLC) - 31/31 Achievements
This game is really good. Definitely has replay value using different combinations of characters and the Workshop/custom scenarios add some interest also.
There is a lot of repetition but once you get into a rhythm of everything working, you can proceed a lot quicker.
I played through 4 full 80 day games and a few smaller ones just to finish off the achievements.

header.jpg
28% Complete - 17/60 Achievements
Another great game that needs a lot of play-throughs to complete. So many different options that can lead down a different path.
I'm yet to start the DLC but I'm looking at completing the main game 'Cheeves first.

header.jpg
90% Complete - 9/10 Achievements
Yet another game with a massive amount of replay games. Coming across different endings is a great story in itself and everyone needs to play this.
The last achievement required is the one where you must play for the entire 24hr period of a Tuesday.
(Yes I obviously cheated the "5 year" achievement and the one with the coding in the games files)

header.jpg
100% Complete - 33/33 Achievements
This was a fun game for sure. I could probably go back and fill it out with a lot of Workshop Content and play around with that.
The last achievement took me 137 in game years to complete ("Storymode" lasts about 50 i think)

7b2993caf338b7d959a0b2d26a81719e.png
That's where I'm sitting right now on Steam. Yes those are all FM17 achievements. I think they're ranked as "Rarest" simply because I play FMT
and obviously those others who do/have don't play it all that much.

Edit** Forgot to add one.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 20:40, Rocky said:

header.jpg
100% Complete - 33/33 Achievements
This was a fun game for sure. I could probably go back and fill it out with a lot of Workshop Content and play around with that.
The last achievement took me 137 in game years to complete ("Storymode" lasts about 50 i think)

And by the time you did, the World of Darkness MMO was still in pre-development.

• Like 1

Hey, been playing Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD again.

Final Fantasy X
Updates:

• Storyline wise: It can technically be wrapped up any time now. Have fought Sin's exterior, Seymour Omnis, near the point of no return.
  • Monster Arena: 10 of everything captured from everywhere but the Omega Ruins, hanging out there now.
  • Blitzball? Still can fuck off.
  • 25/26 Al Bhed Primers
  • Celestial Weapons for Yuna/Lulu/Auron/Tidus fully powered. Gonna grab the final bit for Kimarhi's when I play again, surprisingly found the butterfly hunt game to be easier than expected based off my dry runs pre-airship.
  • Dark Aeons? Gonna take another stab at Dark Valefor, likely nowhere near ready enough yet.
  • Sphere Grid? Everyone's all over the place. Can't remember how close I am to getting the achievement for filling out one person's section, gonna have to look that up.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Pres. DT BIGHANDS said:

Hey, been playing Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD again.

Final Fantasy X
Updates:

• Celestial Weapons for Yuna/Lulu/Auron/Tidus /Kimarhi fully powered
  • Dark Valefor is feasible. Have to have someone in my part equipped with a First Strike weapon, Delta Attack (which in itself fully justifies the quick overdrive/summon animation toggle in the options) and Oblivion in relatively quick sequence to get to where Valefor's showing damage. Haven't quite worked out my gameplan from there.

I hesitate to even mention this game in the context of this thread, because it's got so many long/difficult achievements that it will clearly never get done.

But hey, the list looks less ridiculous to me than that of an FM game. So hell...

1488536528-6135-card.png

25 out of 255 (10%) achievements earned

Currently working towards one of the basic ones: 'An Early Reich: Form Germany' as Brandenburg (now Prussia). What I'm glad about is that I'm picking up some of the more random/luck-based achievements in the meantime. For example:

The Princess is in this Castle: As a country that does not start with a female heir, have a female heir while having a Castle in your capital (more advanced fort buildings do not count).

O...okay? :/

• 3 weeks later...

Europa Universalis IV: 35 out of 255 (14%)

10 more down. And no, they don't include the 'An Early Reich' one I was working on last month, because I got cocky and screwed it up. <_< Decided to try some other ones (including bombing the 'form Italy' achievement with similar aplomb) before going back to it.

26. The Emperor's new clothes
27. Not so sad a state...
28. Truly Divine Ruler
29. All belongs to Mother Russia
30. On every continent
31. Double the Love
32. Voting Streak
33. An Industrial Evolution
34. Full House
35. Factionalism