Complete Your Collection

Benji

rcps4_main.jpg

Trophy Progress: 40/47

All collectibles are done, thankfully. Three of the remaining ones are just finish upgrading everything (which is surprisingly easy), one of them is just for finishing the challenge mode which is straight forward enough; the other two are proving a pain in the arse.

One of them is reach the max score multiplier of 20, which doesn't sound too bad, but I somehow keep getting hit at 14 and being reset all the way back down and have to start over.

The other is using a certain weapon on every type of enemy. There is literally no way of tracking this information, so I have absolutely no idea if I've missed any to this point. I know some of the enemies only appear in challenge mode, so I just have to use it on everything, but if I've already missed something that doesn't spawn any more, then I'm gonna have to rush another playthrough to grab the trophy.

EDIT: Trophy Progress: 45/47

Finished challenge mode, maxed my health out, got the multiplier and weapon ones I was complaining about before, and finished upgrading all the weapons. I've got to get three awkward weapons to Level 10 (They're 7, 8 and 9) and this is all finished.

• Like 1

rcps4_main.jpg

Trophy Progress: 47/47 **PLATINUM** ***COMPLETE***

Trophy_Platinum.png

The sweet, sweet taste of victory. Platinum #11!

Fuck those last few weapons were a grind though. Think I'll take something simpler for my next one, like The Walking Dead. Downloaded both seasons ages ago and haven't got around to them yet.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Trophy Progress: 2/28

Managed to pick up two trying this with Niner and Cymbols yesterday. It's actually rather fun so I'll probably try it a few more times to pick up a few others. Looking at the trophy list though, this is definitely one of those games where the Bronzes are piss-easy and the Golds are a massive pain in the ass, so I'll see how it tests my patience.

• Like 2

http://static.cdprojektred.com/thewitcher.com/agegate/cdp_witcher_gate_logo_en.png

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
100% Progress: 79 of 79
100% Complete!

That... was... a... slog. Blood and Wine DLC was really dull (and buggy) compared to the bulk of the game. I feel like I should have played a load of it before I completed the main game as it honestly felt more like a big patch than a quest in and of itself. Still fun, and didn't tarnish the main game but by the end I was just going through the motions to 100% completion.

• Like 1

TWD-game-cover.jpg

Trophy Progress: 16/49

God damn this game, these choices are way more interesting than the Game of Thrones one.

Main choices so far in spoiler for anyone interested (two chapters in):

Tried to save the guy who died at the farm, so that immediately proved to be the wrong choice since I'm now with the other guy.

Saved the woman with the gun rather than the other dude she had a crush on. Figured the gun was more useful and the other guy didn't seem to bring anything to the table.

I didn't shoot the woman at the motel, but seeing as she offed herself anyway I have no remorse over that decision.

Didn't kill the crazy woman, found out the farm dudes were shifty.

Tried to save the old bastard figuring it would help make peace, proved to be irrelevant. Fucking hell though that was brutal.

Killed the first dude who was in the barn since he always looked shifty as fuck to me, but spared the other one since he was imminent zombie food anyway.

Didn't loot the car because I'm just doing whatever the girl wants. Guarantee she'll complain about not getting that hoodie though.

EDIT FOR IMPORTANT NEWS: Now that my profile has updated properly, I've found out that finishing chapter two put me over 1000 trophies. Go me!

• Like 1

I mentioned a while ago that I was planning to play through Bully, and that's been something I've been doing in a slow, steady manner, but I did manage to finish the story mode of Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. While I wasn't particularly drawn in by the story, the combat and Nemesis system were both a lot of fun. I can see the Nemesis system being this generation's most over-borrowed game mechanic, rather like climbing and cover-based shooting were during the last console generation, so we'll probably all be fed up with it in a few years' time. For now, though, it's very much in my good graces and is enough for me to give this game a solid recommendation.

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I mentioned a while ago that I was planning to play through Bully, and that's been something I've been doing in a slow, steady manner, but I did manage to finish the story mode of Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. While I wasn't particularly drawn in by the story, the combat and Nemesis system were both a lot of fun. I can see the Nemesis system being this generation's most over-borrowed game mechanic, rather like climbing and cover-based shooting were during the last console generation, so we'll probably all be fed up with it in a few years' time. For now, though, it's very much in my good graces and is enough for me to give this game a solid recommendation.

I think with a better story this would have been one of my favourite games. The combat was fun, the visuals were lovely, but the story could have been better.

On 06/01/2014 at 21:45, Benji said:

Finally got all five episodes of season one in the Steam sale. Holy fuck episode three has left me utterly drained.

Me little over two and a half years ago.

Chapter 3 is one of the few times I've finished a part of a game and wondered if I even wanted to continue for reasons other than gameplay. It took me two or three days to jump back in for emotional recovery.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/Firewatch_logo.png

Firewatch
100% Progress: 5 of 5
100% Complete!

It was a fun little time waster.

Spoiler

I sort of feel like the ending was too abrupt, and that it glazed over several inconsistencies (for example why did Ned lock Henry in the cave to die if he wasn't really malicious?). The lack of epilogue bothered me too, but...

... from an emotional perspective it hit some sweet spots. Probably worth that £3-£8 margin but definitely not more than that.

• 4 weeks later...

latest?cb=20140904163452

Trophy Progress: 32/48

What's this? Actual going back to an older game to complete it!? Absurd!

Bought it in the PSN sale because it was like £6.50 and I needed to basically do a full Bad Karma Expert run to get the half of the trophies I never bothered with before.

Seven are for completing the story again, four of them are Karma related which I'll need to do anyway as I go along, and the other five shouldn't be too hard.

My first trophy on this was exactly 27 months ago, so will be nice to see it through to the end at last :P should have it finished over the weekend at the rate I'm going through.

EDIT: ALSO, since I've just seen it in my signature, I'm back up to 50% completion, hooray! (Until I start another new game and ruin it anyway :shifty:)