Complete Your Collection

Benji

^ To that end, I did play some of Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag on Saturday. I had only got up to 12% game progression when I'd last left it, so I've still got lots of basic stuff to do (pottering around tiny islands mainly). My trophy completion is something laughable like 2%.

Not really sure if I'm going to aim for proper completion, either DNA % or Trophy % wise, but at least I'll play it up to the ending and perhaps to a point where the trophies etc. start to annoy me... <_<

I found myself chasing down all the chests and pieces of whatever, bottles, secrets and so on and then asked myself a question: Am I seriously going to try to get 100% of everything?

As someone who loves AC and has bought every main series version available, I can honestly say I'll never do all of that. I like the games, and will collect as much as I can be bothered during gameplay, but collectible items for the sake of collectibles make me want to hang myself from the nearest eagle viewpoint.

Collectible items I have no problem with. Even if I effectively cheat by just going to find an online map of them all, the satisfaction of a "100%" would make that acceptable to me.

Bollocks additional tasks within missions, e.g. "sink at least one ship with heavy shot" (What's that? You happen not to have bought the heavy shot upgrade? Guess you'll be doing this mission again then...), on the other hand, have the double-whammy of being both tedious AND often ridiculously difficult to complete. That's the killer for me.

I think they're supposed to add re-playability, but in a game that has about five collectibles of like 20 items, I can honestly say I'll likely never re-play the game through.

Also, floating sea shanties that disappear and force you to leave an area to retry can suck a fat one.

Edited by Benji

I think they're supposed to add re-playability, but in a game that has about five collectibles of like 20 items, I can honestly say I'll likely never re-play the game through.

Also, floating sea shanties that disappear and force you to leave an area to retry can suck a fat one.

Those things drive me insane. Especially when they're at the top of a tree that takes a lot of run/jump combos to reach!

I found a good trick with some of them, especially ones that fly upwards, was to come at them from the other side and if possible start at the high point. That way when it moves away from you it'll head to the floor and you only need to run after it.

obviously doesn't work for every one, but I managed to snag a fair few awkward ones that way.

GTA_V_Logo_Transparent.png

Trophy Progress: 39/70

Those bastards added another ten trophies in the new update <_< I do now, however, only have 17 left in the base game, one of which is that all important Platinum. Big thanks to @Benji for helping with a few of them.

700px-dust_an_elysian_tail_logo.png

Trophy Progress: 12/31

My current challenge (as of today) at purging the free games from my backlog. Picking up five today was a good start. I've got about 30% completion, so it should pick up as it moves along. And another Platinum to work towards!

700px-dust_an_elysian_tail_logo.png

Trophy Progress: 20/31

I'm actually enjoying the game more than I thought. It's fairly simplistic, but I'm finding that part of the appeal. Grabbed another 8 trophies and I'm up to 50% game completion. Should have this one done during the weekend.

31% total sync

13% trophy completion 

Slowly-slowly... (am only on sequence 5 of 13)

Not really trying for the trophies, just playing the game. Although I seem to spend far too much time seeking out Wood and Metal supplies to raid in the hope of upgrading my ship more. I'm sure I'm trying to do some of these things all too early, but meh.

Also, I think I traumatised Stokerina when I harpooned a humpback whale in front of her. "DID YOU LEARN NOTHING FROM STAR TREK IV?!" she said. :shifty: 

• Like 3

I still loved Ubisoft's response to PETA after they moaned about the whaling.

History is our playground in Assassin’s Creed. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is a work of fiction that depicts the real events during the Golden Era of Pirates. We do not condone illegal whaling, just as we don’t condone a pirate lifestyle of poor hygiene, plundering, hijacking ships, and over-the-legal-limit drunken debauchery.

• Like 3

Finished Black Flag last night. Hugely underwhelming actually. Felt like there should have been more. Juddery ending in the "real world" too. Completed it at about 60% or so, so plenty to do if I want to.

Must say though that the first end scene over the credits was pretty lovely.

Some of these naval missions are very, very silly.

Merchant: "There are some Spanish ships out there with the most exquisite silk! Loot these ships and get me this silk."

*mission objective: loot 30 cloth and return it to the merchant*

Me: "I already have 600 cloth in my hold."

Merchant: "Oh, that'll do."

*mission complete*

• Like 1

tlou_r_logo.png

Trophy Progress: 26/50

An entry I didn't think I'd actually make, but Baddar has been kind enough to lend me his copy so I can work on the half I'm missing. Going to try and push through the multi-player and Left Behind trophies before I tackle Grounded mode to finish off.

12125_fifa-16-prev.png

Trophy Progress: 24/49

Half way already! Gonna sink my teeth into Career mode and try and polish off the Women's trophies on the weekend. Should be an easy eventuality since they've removed bullshit trophies like 'Extra Effort' from last year's installment.

tlou_r_logo.png

Trophy Progress: 29/50

Left Behind finished off. Moving on to multiplayer.

EDIT: Trophy Progress: 32/50

Not had much luck with matchmaking, but finished off the Abandoned Territories set.

12125_fifa-16-prev.png

Trophy Progress: 28/49

Last Pro Clubs trophy done, another women's one done, started career mode and got one and bagged another one playing randomly. Steady progress on all fronts.

• 2 weeks later...

Up to 83% sync on Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag. This is having done basically all of the side missions and most (but not yet all) of the collectibles. So far as the main story goes, I think I only have maybe three sequences left. Just had the trippy drunken dream sequence, which was a bit fun.

Haven't looked at the actual trophy list in forever, which is probably a good thing as I know I'm not going to dedicate myself to THAT when, for instance, I could just head straight on to Assassins Creed Unity which has been gathering dust upstairs for a year. Would like to be able to take down at least one of the Legendary Ships before I quit the game entirely, though.

With all that said, when I do complete the Black Flag story I will probably take a break from all the assassinating and attack an entirely different game in my Unfinished collection. Or just start obsessively playing WWE 2K16 when that arrives. One of those. :shifty: