Complete Your Collection

Benji

Dammit, I hate trophies but seeing some nice pictures and a graph makes me want to do the same. I trade stuff so much though that apart from PS+ games and the things I currently have, there would be so many things I wouldn't get.

I might have more than 3 (?) platinums at this stage if I weren't splitting my gaming time with FM...which I suppose is a form of 'completion', just not with trophies/achievements. :shifty:

Although I do also have the problem of getting to that point where none of the quick-win trophies are left (e.g. in FF7, a lot of grinding is now required) so my tendency is just go do something easier instead. Otherwise known as being a bit of a flake.

• Like 1

Using PSN Profiles with my username has made it a hell of a lot easier to decide what to play next rather than "uhm'ing and ah'ing" before settling on games I've already completed.

Collects a lot of cool info about your trophy collection and advising what trophies are easiest to go for next.

I'm finding it really fun because in addition to the silly reward, it feels like I'm getting a lot more out of my games than I was before. I'm not going to bother with any ridiculous out of the way trophies (for example, GTA collectibles can go fuck themselves), but I'll go as far as I feel I can.

• Like 1

Yeah, I keep my PSNProfile linked as my sig, but the grades are all relative to other users of the site anyway. I have 2 Bronze trophies on Super Meat Boy and it gives me a C, whereas I get the same grade for having over half the trophies on Infamous: Second Son. I have an A grade on Magicka 2 despite not even having a quarter of the trophies.

Deleting games I've played and gotten no trophies on makes it easy to keep the F grades off, but when I get one by accident and haven't played it since it leaves E grades everywhere, which is annoying.

I do like the site as a tracking method though, and more often than not a user will have submitted a guide for the game which will tell me how to get the ones I really can't do :P

ALSO I was happy getting my 9th overall Platinum with Until Dawn a few days ago, but seeing that you've gotten 12 in three months just makes me feel like I'm slacking still :lol:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Benji said:

Also, Stok, you beat AC Syndicate in just four days? Is it really that short?

It is if you're playing it virtually all day, every day. :P 

The trophies are also fairly kind because unlike most ACs, not every single little chest/trinket has a trophy attached to their collection. Those that do (e.g. beer bottles) have maps that can be purchased in-game from virtually the start and that also makes it easier. I did use a walkthrough to get the ones that didn't (the Secrets of London music boxes) because...well, why would I want to make the game more hateful otherwise?

The one trophy that is a bastard is the one that requires you to destroy 5,000 street objects whilst driving around in a carriage. Apparently this was actually a typo in the game programming and was meant to be 500, which I honestly believe because it is so far and above any other AC trophy I've encountered for ridiculous grinding. In the end I literally had to spend at least 2 hours ploughing endlessly through streetlights/bollards/trees/postboxes/etc. without break - and that was AFTER I had already gone through half the game making sure that I was intentionally messy whenever I was required to drive anywhere.

Oh! And the other thing that makes Syndicate a much nicer platinum than other ACs: you only have to 100% sync the main story missions, not absolutely everything in the bloody game.

• Like 2

So after having a quick investigate, I have decided a fresh start would actually be pretty cool and give me motivation to go for trophies, thus getting more out of games. also it annoyed me that loads of Vita games were listed and I don't have the thing any more. 

I can still play anything I bought digitally so long as its on the same PS4 as the original account, same goes for PS+ games. Although I reckon I'll switch the PS+ sub to the new profile when its time to renew. 

The only thing I wasn't sure of was being able to play multiplayer, but the PS+ thing does say "by setting this as you main PS4, all profiles on the console will have access to the PS+ benefits." Fired up Battlefront and was able to play a game no problem. I've added a couple of you which it suggested through the Facebook thing, but for anyone else my new ID is Avenged_N7.

• Like 2

Added Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to the platinum list last night (H)

S5893a6.png 1S49074f.png Platinum
Platinum

S5bd47c.png 1S0d8c42.png BEYOND: TWO SOULS™ MASTER
Collected all trophies!

Sd4ad83.png 1S518cff.png We Had Fun, Didn't We?
Complete Tales From The Borderlands

S352d15.png 1S8e2716.png The Walking Dead
Earn all trophies in: "The Walking Dead"

S04f346.png 1Sfdc414.png HEAVY RAIN™ Master
Unlock all trophies

S96fd71.png 1Sd2dff5.png Agito Achieved
Obtained all trophies.

S549d41.png 1S191f10.png Noble Achievement
Collect all Trophies

S23ed9c.png 1S772352.png Gaia's Guardian
Obtain all trophies

Sb791a9.png 1Scb66ff.png It can't be for nothing
Platinum Trophy

S87d834.png 1S3dbb75.png Platinuminary
Earn all other trophies for MEGA DRIVE Collection.

Sf07239.png 1S0baa81.png Virtuoso
Unlock All Trophies

Sdca299.png 1Sc82dc2.png Platinum Trophy
Collect all other 50 Trophies for this Trophy

Sf8ba9e.png 1Sb9e3d0.png A Symphony of Horror Trophies
You collected all Gold, Silver and Bronze trophies in Until Dawn

Sc429bc.png 1S980721.png PLATINUM
OBTAIN ALL OTHER TROPHIES

Se08032.png 1S4da9b5.png Prince of Persia
Obtain all other trophies

S70be85.png 1S6c7429.png Tekken Fanatic
Complete all other objectives.