Complete Your Collection

Benji

Just completed my first TellTale Game on the Xbox One and it was:

2015-07-18_00031-noscale.jpg

Game of Thrones. According to the game I was noble and instinctive. 

Asher survived, Gared is marching towards the south and Ryon has escaped with Bethra. Ludd is dead, now in season 2 I want to take care of Gryff.[/spoler]

• Like 1

On 19/07/2015 at 08:44, Ultra Rare Colly said:

I finally finished Mass Effect 2. It ate 46 hours of my life (does that include load times?), but it was worth it with the exception of the boring mop up missions I forgot to do before the end. Plus I somehow accidentally broke up with Miranda :(. 3 next, then one day I might actually play GTA V.

Via the power of paternity leave I have finished Mass Effect 3 which was good fun. Now trying to decide between X-Com, GTA V and Tomb Raider, plus probably SSX in between and I'm going to buy Lego Marvel to play with my 4 year old.

I'm likely to be spending a lot more time in this thread since I have vowed to not buy a single new game from this day on for the rest of the year as per New Years Resolutions. also, yay for getting to post a bunch of cool images.

00000-cojg.png

Platform: Steam

Achievements: NA

Progress: Complete

This was a fairly short game, around 5-6 hours (although there other modes I didn't bother with), well worth the £2.50 or so I paid for it in a sale. The game looks beautiful with a sort of cell shaded-ish art style and the main gameplay is hella fun. The boss fights are sometimes trickier and occasionally annoying, but generally pretty fun too. The 'duels' are also fun, a nice touch to break up the play style of the game. Story is a little all over the place, but without spoiling anything it is intentional. It's pretty great having the main character narrate the game as it unfolds too.

Now I'm moving on to...

1416846268-batman-arkham-knight-logo.png

Platform: PS4

Trophies: NA

Progress:  Main Story, Batgirl: A Matter of Family, Catwoman's Revenge, GCPD Lockdown, A Flip of a Coin, Red Hood Story Pack, Harley Quinn Story Pack, The Season of Infamy

Obviously a great game, no denying that. Since the most recent story DLC (Season of Infamy) was a big one, I suspect that'll be the last one. I know there's challenge maps to come but I don't really bother with those, having fights for the sake of it? Nah. Good for boredom, but I have so much to play through I won't bother. Plus I could really do with clearing some space on my PS4 so I can maybe get GTAV reinstalled at some point. Anyway, I'm currently on GCPD Lockdown (you play as Nightwing) and its annoyingly hard. The fights are tough but you just don't have half the skills/gadgets Batman does, so I feel pretty handicapped. 

I should finish my first replay of Beyond: Two Souls tonight. It's better than I remembered, though the camera and controls still leave a lot to be desired. Playing it on Duo Mode for the trophy, they really should have mixed Jodie's "I have rarely played games before" and Aiden's "I play games regularly" controls for the best of both worlds. After I've finished I'll just have a "bad" playthrough to do for the platinum, which shouldn't take long since I'll be actively sabotaging myself.

For £12 I picked up Assassins Creed Rogue yesterday, simply because it was the one I didn't own and could therefore be viewed as 'completing the collection' in a sense (for some reason I had it in my head that it was a handheld-only game of some description, like MGS Portable Ops, and so had never looked for it before).

Not sure I will actually bother playing it through, however. After playing Syndicate etc. it's kind of painful to go back to this strange mishmash of AC3 and Black Flag. 

22 hours ago, Katsuyori ShibatAvenged said:

I'm likely to be spending a lot more time in this thread since I have vowed to not buy a single new game from this day on for the rest of the year as per New Years Resolutions. also, yay for getting to post a bunch of cool images.

Probably not the best year to swear off buying games. :P 

I say this but I've sworn off buying games until I've beaten 5 and it'll probably take me all year to do so.

• Like 2

For real, this is potentially the biggest year for games in a long time.

Mass Effect, XCom, Final Fantasy XV and VII-R, Hitman, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Mirror's Edge, Ni No Kuni, Tekken, Street Fighter, Star Ocean and other major franchise games, and that's not even taking into account the new IPs planned this year and annual releases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benji said:

For real, this is potentially the biggest year for games in a long time.

Mass Effect, XCom, Final Fantasy XV and VII-R, Hitman, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Mirror's Edge, Ni No Kuni, Tekken, Street Fighter, Star Ocean and other major franchise games, and that's not even taking into account the new IPs planned this year and annual releases.

Bolded the ones I am the most interested in. Mass Effect, if it doesn't get delayed (which I am certain it will) is slated for December, if its anything like this year I'll be balls deep in uni work so waiting to get it as a Christmas gift will be fine.

Final Fantasy, I mean I love the series but I have at least five FF games on my 'to do' list already. Something like this is exactly the kind of thing I'll get stuck on hard bit and leave for ages, I can hold off.

Uncharted, exciting and I'll struggle with this one but I have the collection and I'm playing through on the hardest available difficulty and its taking a long time. 

Mirrors Edge, super cool and I think it'll be awesome but hey... I only finished the first one last year, I'm sure I can wait a few months for the second one. As for Ni No Kuni, still haven't finished the original :P 

Admittedly I did kind of cheat already... I bought a new 3DSXL because of the whole year of Pokemon events thing and it came with Y pre-installed. I say it doesn't count because I bought a console, not a game... the game just happened to be already on it :shifty:

UntilDawn-Logo-e1441089818232.png
Trophy Progress: 19/19 **PLATINUM** ***COMPLETE***
Trophy_Platinum.png

Did all of this over the course of the past two weeks. Did an initial playthrough with my girlfriend since she initially wanted to play it in the first place, but she got half of the people killed :lol: After that I just played it myself a few times to see the various different paths and endings, and got them all along the way.

12125_fifa-16-prev.png

Trophy Progress: 46/49

Online draft and the Ultimate Team vs a friend one to go. Both difficult.

Worms-Battlegrounds.jpg

Trophy Progress: 3/36

Good new multiplayer choice to play with fellow EWBers. Will give story mode a go if I get bored enough.

yu-gi-oh-legacy-duelist-676x380.jpg

Trophy Progress: 11/21

I love Yu-Gi-Oh, so naturally bought the PS4 game when I saw it. The trophies are all Bronze, annoyingly, but I enjoy the game so I should breeze through the rest fairly painlessly.

• Like 2

I decided that with Uncharted 4 out in April, that it was the perfect time to Platinum the first three. Got about a quarter way through crushing on Drake's Fortune yesterday, once that's done and I've collected the last of the treasures (six to go!) and then some special kills and I'm done. Forgot how hard crushing can be though, got to the speed boat part and gave up for the day.