Complete Your Collection

Benji

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/5/51/La-noire-logo.png

Platinum Progress: 29 of 41

Finally started properly last night after delaying for various other games. Worried my game would screw up "Magpie" because the stats weren't recorded right, but apparently it keeps a global stat for clues found, which allowed me to get that last night. This game is so much more fun when you follow a walk through for interviews. I hope one day they make another LA Noire, but fix the abysmal interrogation process. Finished "The White Shoe Slaying" last night, and will move on to "The Studio Secretary Murder" tonight, and from there I basically got zero 5* ratings, so I'm going to be playing the whole second half of the game again.

Yeah the supposed trick was balls.

Got a few more WWE 2K16 trophies this weekend - became WWE champion, got into the Hall of Fame by holding onto the belt for a year...

I did however work out that you would have to grind something silly like four hundred matches in Career mode to get enough Virtual Currency/etc. to purchase all the Abilities or Managers and such to get those trophies. Yes you can immediately quit (and lose) every match and still get paid the VC, but the task of loading a match...quitting...waiting for the home screen to load again...skipping past the 900th banal interview from the Renee-bot...over and over again is just soul-destroying.

• Like 1

Yeah, someone clearly decided that had to change.

You get 2,500 VC for playing a match in Career. There is no way to increase this or cheat your way to more. One trophy requires you to purchase all managers, for example, which is done with VC.

Paul Heyman costs something like 320,000 VC, and he's just one of several (Lana is 200,000 I think, and so on).

I believe the expression is "kill me now".

3 hours ago, Benji said:

I may have cheated a little last night and used a user created level to autocollect all the blast shards on inFamous 2, because fuck that collectible noise.

Oh come on. :/

Not only are you trophy noncing, you are cheating too?!

You are the Ash Ketchum of EWB. :/

• Like 3

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Richmedia/Image/FullImageLogo/anz_dragon-age-origins-collectors-logo.png?cb=1330546477
Dragon Age: Origins
Platinum Progress: 41 of 51

I started this again last night after apparently being half way through a previous save. Going with a strength heavy dwarven noble and just basically making choices I didn't make first time/second (incomplete) time. Need to recruit a secret party member, do all endings (which will need a split save) which will net two trophies, set foot in every area in game (which is going to be a total 'mare as nowhere seems to have consensus on what areas matter), and kill 1000 Darkspawn on a trophy that is glitched so will require a special trick.

Then after that I'll get to do the post-game DLC I bought but never bothered with too for a further 21 trophies.

Hooray!

• Like 1

So Benji's allusion to old WWE games having easy trophies made me think "hang on, I have a couple of those..."

And lo, that would now be SmackDown vs. RAW 2010 successfully Platinumed. Woot.

• Like 1

I am somewhat pleased to report that I don't have that one. :shifty: I do have 2009 but the fact that the game doesn't even appear on my Trophies list would suggest that I never played it for some reason.

• Like 1