Complete Your Collection

Benji

On 11/28/2015, 2:55:45, Benji said:

Just got my fourth platinum of the month literally doubling the tally from the start. Thank you SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection for finally been completed.

This post reminded me that I also have this game and could have a crack at a Platinum for it. Given that I've literally only got ONE other Platinum EVER (Assassin's Creed II), it would be quite an achievement for me...

Am nearly there...just three trophies defy me:

Don't Get Lost [Progress to 5th Level of Fatal Labyrinth] - I think I could manage this trophy with some more practice... I spent half of today learning how to be good enough at Flicky to score 80,000 points, so one thing at a time. :shifty:

Holy Water [Unlock the Water Spirit in The Story of Thor, aka Beyond Oasis] - What the shitting shit is this shitting game? I can only hope that the controls/gameplay don't seem so bloody obtuse the next time I go back to it.

Yatta! [Complete Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine] - I am just terrible at this game! I can skip to the final level (on Easy), but only if I want to get obliterated. I feel this is what will deny me this Platinum forever. :( 

Yatta denied me previously, but it's actually piss easy. Use the code to skip to final level (I forget what but you can Google it). Fill the right three columns, then the left two, then the centre. Robotnik will fail about one time in five and gift you the win. Probably the toughest trophy of the collection, but has an easy way to win so long as you know it.

I tried that method a few times last night. It didn't seem to be getting much traction as I'd still fill the screen up fairly quickly (not hurt so much by clear bean drops, but very limited in actually forming my own colour sets within those confined spaces) while Robotnik was still cruising away in the lower third of his screen.

I shall try it again a few more times this evening though. I got interrupted yesterday because Stokerina was all like I WANT TO PLAY A GAME and then proceeded to make one game of Columns last over an hour until I forced her to quit. <_< 

Platinum~! :D 

The MBM strategy worked in the end - it seemed the clincher was getting lucky with a little string of three coloured sets, which tipped the balance between his survival and his implosion.

I feel I need to retract all the terrible things I said about The Story of Thor - I was just being an utter eejit with the controls. Once I was functioning like a competent human being, it was a very fun little game.

Such a shame that all my other games either have reams of multiplayer trophies (fuck off) or just bloody impossible trophies that prevent me from targeting another Platinum at the moment. By 'bloody impossible', I am mainly referring to Final Fantasy X Remastered - oh sure, I only have to max out every single character's sphere grid (presumably this means even Kimahri), beat Penance...you know, all those things I've never, ever come close to achieving even though I have dedicated weeks and months to this game over the past 14 years. <_< 

• Like 1

Looking at my trophies, I haven't won a platinum in ages. I was looking for some suggestions as to more modern PS4 titles with achievable platinum trophies. Not meaning stuff like The Walking Dead where you get it for just showing up - something where the overall tasks require some skill but aren't ludicrously onerous.

I've never been bothered too much about trophies etc. but getting my first ever platinum on Game of Thrones (I know it doesn't really count) has made me want another! Decided to go with Dragon Age: Inquisition. Nightmare mode here I come!

13 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Platinum~! :D 

The MBM strategy worked in the end - it seemed the clincher was getting lucky with a little string of three coloured sets, which tipped the balance between his survival and his implosion.

I feel I need to retract all the terrible things I said about The Story of Thor - I was just being an utter eejit with the controls. Once I was functioning like a competent human being, it was a very fun little game.

Such a shame that all my other games either have reams of multiplayer trophies (fuck off) or just bloody impossible trophies that prevent me from targeting another Platinum at the moment. By 'bloody impossible', I am mainly referring to Final Fantasy X Remastered - oh sure, I only have to max out every single character's sphere grid (presumably this means even Kimahri), beat Penance...you know, all those things I've never, ever come close to achieving even though I have dedicated weeks and months to this game over the past 14 years. <_< 

I've been on an absolute trophy hunt the last month or two, I've obtained five platinums in the that period, 125% more than I had in the entire six years previous >_> Worst ones are always online and collectibles.

Okay, so I was motivated to platinum AC Unity when I discovered that 'Co-op' missions could be played in Private (aka as single player)...which made them pretty hard, what with maybe 4x as many enemies for one person, but not impossible. Hence, it looked like I could 100% the game under my own steam.

But then I realised that there was ONE trophy that would still be an issue for me - that is, to get 10 sync kills in Co-op, which really can't even be achieved realistically in normal random Co-op. You have to have a mate and headsets and time your dual assassinations perfectly. 

So that's that one out, then. <_< Still, there's always Final Fantasy VII...

God yeah, the arenas were a pain in the ass, one in particular (think it was one of the Beta ones) kept me going for ages purely because I couldn't beat it.

I enjoyed it though, having played Second Son. Thought it added some nice backstory for Fetch.