Complete Your Collection

Benji

Stealing your format Benji...

final_fantasy_x-x2.png

Final Fantasy X - HD Remaster (PS4)

Released 15th May 2015

Original release - 24th May 2002 (PS2, Europe)

So I played this back in the PS2 days and, despite numerous attempts to play it again, I only ever completed it once.

I didn't have a PS3, so this is my first experience of the remaster and I love it. It's beautiful to look at and I'm even enjoying the new music arrangements.

As for the game, the more I play it the more I think it might be my favourite FF. VIII will always hold a special place in my heart as it was my first, but X is so much fun to play. I love the battle system and being able to switch people in an out. The sphere grid is my favourite levelling system too - I think it was said previously in this topic, but it's great how everyone has a different strength. Very simple, but it makes for a nice bit of variety. I used everyone during the sinspawn fight with the crusaders trying to trap Sin.

I've just reached the Shoopuff, so I'm not too far in. I've spent a lot of time searching areas thoroughly etc, so I've been taking it slow - I'm surprised by how little I remember of the story. I'm looking forward to getting Rikku, but cant can't remember how she joins you. Don't know whether I will go through and try and do the side stuff (ultimate weapons, aeons etc). Is there an optimal point to do this?

Oh... I suck at Aeons too. Belgemine (?) has beaten me comfortably both times so far.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bioshock (PC)

Released 21st August 2007

Figured it would be nice to play something alongside an rpg, and this is as good a place to start as any.

The Bioshock franchise has completely bypassed me. The only thing I know about it, is that people on here loved Infinite when it came out, so I'm looking forward to that one in particular.

Not too far in, but it's been enjoyable so far. I have no idea what's going on (though that's kinda the point). Plane Crash -> Random lift down to underwater city (complete with fantastic Fallout-esque promotional video) -> Now I'm trying to save voice on the radio's family apparently, whilst trying to avoid creepy little girl and giant diving suit thing.

The lack of an inventory was weird at first, but I love the simple control scheme. Right mouse to switch between EVE powers and weapons, mouse wheel to change which you have equipped. I've just gotten the Telekenisis EVE so that should be fun.

I'd read that this game is the weakest of the series, and doesn't hold up too well today. I have to say, I'm not feeling that at all. It seems fine to me and, whilst it (naturally) looks like an older game, I think it's created a really good atmosphere so far with an intriguing (if so far, thin) plot.

You're almost where Rikku joins the party fulltime.

IIRC, there's a machina boss during RIDING ZE SHOOPUFF. Guess who's controlling the machina...

Ah yes, that's right. Much obliged.

Forgot to mention in my update; fuck Seymour, hate that guy.

I also need to find me some Blitzball players. Been spamming square to talk to people but not found anyone so far.

I will eventually make it back to playing Far Cry :P

OlliOlli-2.png

Trophy Progress: 18/27

Two thirds of the way there, but I think there's only five more I'll realistically see myself getting before rage quitting the game forever.

New games as well!

Plants_vs._Zombies-_Garden_Warfare.png

Trophy Progress: 10/56

Ten of those 56 are DLC I don't have to worry about. It's a fun arcade thing, can see myself playing it more when I need to unwind every now and then.

144.png

Trophy Progress: 2/13

Basically Space Invaders with power ups and a bigger variety of enemy types. Not great, shouldn't be too complicated though.

• 2 weeks later...

crossover-rogue-legacy.png?w=300&h=191

Trophy Progress: 6/30

Still haven't made it back onto Far Cry <_< This game is one of the most frustrating I've ever played. It's one of those games where you just have to keep dying to get better, basically. Winds me the fuck up, but you just keep wanting to keep playing at the same time :P

crossover-rogue-legacy.png?w=300&h=191

Trophy Progress: 6/30

Still haven't made it back onto Far Cry <_< This game is one of the most frustrating I've ever played. It's one of those games where you just have to keep dying to get better, basically. Winds me the fuck up, but you just keep wanting to keep playing at the same time :P

I love Rogue Legacy but I'm nowhere near getting all the achievements. Nothing worse than jumping upwards into a tiny square room with a high-level enemy in it - did it once with one of the big yellowy-green skeletons, nearly shat myself. Easier now I have a controller though :).

I've not updated in some time because I've been busy finishing off uni stuff and doing a whole load of extra shifts at work, no not much gaming has been done. Gotten back on track the last few days though, especially with some encouragement from an awesome E3.

7c948c03121973d15a03e4f862a38aec.png

I got a fair bit further, although not sure how far I am overall... but I'm lost in the Macalania Woods somewhere. Still loving this game and I really like the battle system because you can use the whole party. I also love the sphere grid... it feels really un-grindy because you get to move on it after almost every fight. Loads of stuff I don't remember/only remember when it happens which is so nice, it still feels like an almost new game.

logo-icon.png

Mega hyped for V and now that Ground Zeroes is free in PS4 I really want to play that. I promised I'd play them in order though, so I dusted off the PS3.

I love how the game at this point has devolved into a series of epic boss battles and movie length cut scenes. Not for everyone I know, but this shit is what makes Metal Gear for me. So I finished off Act 4 by beating Vamp and then blowing up a million Suicide geckos, before going onto the really cool Metal Gear Rex vs Metal Gear Ray fight. Last act now and a peak at a walkthough tells me I just need to get through this one section, then its a series of boss fights and however many hours of movies. So.. almost there, but this one section is hard as shit. I'll figure it out though.

Pok%C3%87mon-Alpha-Sapphire-logo-final_1

I have been massively neglecting my 2DS, which I primarily bought so I could play Pokemon. I wasn't using it because I wanted to finish my Vita games... but I didn't want to finish them. Mainly Persona 4, while its very good... I like my handheld stuff to be pleasant and fairly easy to drop in and out of. P4 is waaay too intense. While I still find the Vita to be the superior console, I need some Nintendo in my life so I traded the Vita in. I've been mostly playing this on lunch breaks, so not got massively far. Also worth noting, I never played the original Ruby or Sapphire.

Just got the 5th Gym Badge, The Balance badge from Norman/Dad. My party currently is Lucha Pikachu (26 - fuck you all, he's awesome), Alakazam (28), Wartortle (29), Combusken (30), Metang (25) and Axew (27). Massive thanks to the EWBer who got me the Squirtle and also did the trade so I could evolve my Kadabra into Alakazam back when I first got the game... I want to say it was Jericode? Either way - thanks

:P

And finally...

30450.png

This one is hugely inspiried by E3 and the fact that half the games I liked were sequels to games I already own and haven't finished. Anyway, this is a really fun game and its not long so a good starting point I think. I won't bother with spoiler tags since its old and not mega plot heavy yet... I'm at a bit with some trains. I started the game from the beginning since I'd forgotten all the controls and will hopefully get it done today.

If I'm honest, the only reason I keep posting in here is because I love posting cool images :P

logo.png

Trophy Progress: 8/13

Made it over the half way mark! My game seems to have glitched for the in-game challenges, and I've started gaining levels like mad. About half of the rest are probably still realistic, and it'll hit my 70% mark, so I'll probably be done with this soon.

Edited by Stannis Jeratheon

30450.png

Yay for finishing something, even if it was super short! Lovely game, really fun and would recommend to anybody, especially since its ridiculously cheap on every platform now. Looking forward to the new one for sure!

Out of my initial 40 games I listed, that's 3 completed. So erm, progress!

Another productive 24 hours!

logo-icon.png

Yeah so it turns out the bit I was stuck on, all I had to do was crawl from one end of the level to the other and I didn't get spotted even once

:P Did the boss fights and saw hours and hours of epic cut scenes. Loved the way the final fight with Liquid was done. I can finally have a go at Ground Zeroes now and start getting properly excited for Phantom Pain!

Made a fair bit of progress, I'm at the bit just after you fall through the lake, Sin turns up and you end up in a desert place. There's broken machina lying around so I;m guessing an Al Bhed place (I genuinely don't remember). Everyone finally realised that Seymour is actually evil (surprise!) and fighting continues to be fun. I realised that I haven't actually died once yet, so I'm wondering if this game is actually really easy... if it's about to become very hard, or if I'm just lucky so far?

An updated list!

PS4
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition*
  • Valiant Hearts -The Great War- *
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

PS3

• Ni No Kuni*
  • Metal Gear Solid 4*
  • Splinter Cell HD Collection: Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory

PS3 - PS Plus Free Games

• Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • Rayman Origins
  • Crysis 3
  • DmC Devil May Cry
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Demon's Souls - I'll give this a try again as its quite fun, probably not actually going to complete it realistically. Too hard :(
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North
  • Catherine
  • ICO
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Jak & Daxter Trilogy
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Steam/Origin/PC

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC only*
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution*
  • L.A. Noire*
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Jade Empire*
  • GTA IV*
  • Mirrors Edge*
  • Final Fantasy IV*
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth*
  • Broken Age - I've done the first part, waiting for the second to release*
  • Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect*
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II*
  • Resident Evil 4*
  • Thief*
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • State of Decay
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes*
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  • Guacamelee!*
  • Crysis 2
  • A Bird Story
  • Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  • Darksiders
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Portal 2
  • Sonic Generations
  • Dead Space 3*

2DS

• Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire*
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Yep, still loads <_<

Finally completed Space Marine! Now there's only one game left on my PS3 digital downloads, Darksiders. But first, I am torn with completing Heavy Rain or Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Leaving towards MUA just because they're being sold on Amazon for a decent bit. Any thoughts?

fc4-global-header-logo_142138.png

Trophy Progress: 33/58

Made a lot of good progress the past couple of days. Finished the main story and grabbed a few other random little trophies along the way. Sweeping up collectibles and currently sat at around 62% game completion.

EDIT: avoiding double posting, still Far Cry 4

Trophy Progress: 43/58

Managed to gather up another ten with a good evening of playtime. 7 of the last 15 are DLC, and 2 are co-op that I can't do for now, so I've basically got 6 left. 5 really, since 1 is the Platinum that I'll get once I sort the co-op ones at the end.

Edited by Stannis Jeratheon

1WQxeph.png

This is a game I have through the PS Plus instant Game Collection so it was never going to be a priority, but having just finished MGS4 it was a nice continuation of Raiden's story and also since I had my PS3 set up anyway, thought I might as well. I have Completed it already, only took a few days to blast through. Hella fun.

Obviously not a stealth game like MGS (although when you do get stealth kills it is super fun), but still a blast. The boss fights were awesome, as were the cutscenes and QTEs. The second to last boss fight was really cool too with Metal Gear EXCELSUS. Fun game, would be happy with a sequel at some point too.

In celebration of not buying anything in the Steam sale this summer I decided to dig into my library over there and my next game will be...

lego_batman_2__dc_super_heroes_v2_by_poo

I think I got this in a previous sale, played it for 20 minutes and thought it was great fun. I either had lots of other things to play, or was busy with stuff because I never went back to it. Looks like its not too long, so should be a blast.

I realised that I haven't actually died once yet, so I'm wondering if this game is actually really easy... if it's about to become very hard, or if I'm just lucky so far?

The only game over I got in my recent playthrough was against a dark aeon, so yeah, pretty easy.