Short Movies

Benji

So I was trying to do my 365 thing and I'm getting to the point where I really want to blast through some, so with the bank holiday weekend I just want to watch a bunch of short films to knock some numbers out of the park. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for short movies (I'm thinking max 70 minutes or so, preferably available legitimately online, either on YouTube or Netflix) that I could watch.

Suggestions?

Ernest & Celestine is 79 minutes, and it is fucking amazing. I can't access Netflix because it's not available here, but I hope it is, because it is fucking amazing. 9 minutes extra isn't too much, right? :)

Chris Nolan's first movie was Following, 69 minutes long.

Um, Dumbo is only 64 minutes.

Sherlock, Jr. is only 45 minutes and it is probably my favorite early comedy.

Speaking of early comedies, Safety Last! is only 75 minutes and it is also awesome as fuck.

The Flintstones and WWE movie was like 60 minutes or so as well, I believe. It was great, but not as great as the Scooby Doo one.

Oh, the 2011 Winnie the Pooh film was actually kinda' dark in places and still super sweet and super fun and super amazeballs, if I ever have kids I'm gonna' make them watch the shit out of that.

Those are what I remember as short movies from my 365 last year. Loved them all. If there are any Chaplin, Keaton or Lloyd movies on Netflix, they're probably 80 minutes or less, and more often than not are super fun to watch, so maybe look for them?

• Like 2

Battleship Potemkin (1925)

Freaks (1932)

She Done Him Wrong (1933)

High School (1968)

Shinjuku Boys (1995)

U.S Go Home (1994)

Somers Town (2008)

That goes up to 75 minutes, hope you enjoy any of them, but their are some weird suggestions in there. Got a lot more if you wanted go anything up to 90 mins.

edit: Oh didn't see the youtube/Netflix thing. I think a few of these might be about on youtube, maybe?

• Like 2

The shortest movies I've watched in my 365 have tended to be from the 1930s...and, probably as a consequence, mostly rubbish.

Except Duck Soup (1933). I loved Duck Soup. And it's only 68 minutes long.

Unfortunately, it's not one I found on Netflix etc... I had to buy a copy through the CEX website. God knows about youtube and such.

• Like 1

Wait, did you mean films under 80 minutes from the 30's or just the 30's in general?

I loved the 30's. A bunch of comedies I've seen from that decade felt so genuine and creative to me. Stuff like Modern Times and A Night at the Opera were amazing to me, plus that was the height of the Universal monster film greatness as well. That's not even counting the fun stuff Capra was putting out, and it's got great stuff from favorites of mine like Cagney and Jimmy Stewart. I enjoyed a bunch of stuff I watched from that era.

Devils Carnival . Its a slightly campy musical with Sean Patrick Flannerty, Paul Sorvino and..can't remember his name but he played Unser on Sons of Anarchy. I enjoyed it and its only about an hour long. It was on Netflixs, but I'm not sure anymore

• Like 1