Survivor: Second Chances ***SPOILERS***

GoGo Yubari

Fucking Abi, man.

It's hilarious, because she should have gone in week but like GhostMachine says, she's now basically the Golden Goat.

Edited by GoGo YubAsuka

Jeff Varner and Abi are not at all good at Survivor, but they've taken out Vytas, Shirin and Peih Gee. Who is the next promising Survivor prospect that they will vote out?

I didn't like Savage last time around, I dislike him this time around, too.

It is an interesting season of Survivor, because a huge amount of people who likely would have been targets (Joe, Kass, Stephen, Jeremy) have been spared having to go to tribal yet. Spencer would have been gone had Shirin not pitched voting off Varner. Angkor looks so be so terrible that I could see them losing the next few challenges as well, so the big targets will be spared again. The three tribe format is working for the producers, because it means that you have less and less people risk getting voted off each week.

Edited by RPS

Vytas has to be dying of laughter right now. PG, Shirin and Varner are all out because they stupidly thought "hey, Abi? She is a good ally!" and voted out Vytas in episode 1. 

I fully expect this three tribe format to pop up in future seasons. This is a producers wet dream. Four episodes in and 50% of the people playing have not once stepped foot in tribal. Huge targets like Stephen, Jeremy, Joe, Kass and Ciera may not once go to tribal before the merge. This is like a bizarro All Stars. Instead of the threats going, Abi is like "who do I hate this vote?" 

• Like 1

This has to basically be a cautionary tale about metagaming too hard. Sometimes the easy vote is the easy vote for a reason.

Still gutted, though. Varner was by a mile the best narrator.

I liked Varner, but he had zero chance of winning. Once the pre-game stuff started coming out I was like "oh god, he is going to play hard out the gate and crash and burn". And he did. But it was fun.

Heidi keeps saying every week "Why don't they get rid of Abi?!". I've told her at least 7 times that she's quite possibly the biggest goat in the history of the show. Aside from a few select people (J'Tia from ":Brawn, Brains and Beauty" especially), I can't see her beating the majority of contestants who have been on the show. I'm hoping she's gone before they merge everyone into one tribe, but if she's still around I will not be surprised in the least.

Loved the latest elimination. 

to be fair, though, if Angkor had lost that challenge she would have probably been the boot. Woo is a better pawn than Abi, even though Abi is supremely beatable.

Delighted that Fishbach seems to have put himself into a solid position to at least make the jury. 

Edited by GoGo YubAsuka

Ric Flair's favorite contestant is gone.

:(

Sucks that Deitz's son needed a heart transplant. Heidi's jaw dropped when they revealed that, and so did mine.

The good news is I don't expect Abi to last long now. Savage is mistaken if he thinks most of the people that haven't had to deal with her will put up with her shit. I'll be surprised if she's not one of the first two voted out after the merge into one tribe.

great episode. So much going on. I love that Spencer is hyped as being this Survivor wunderkind (oh, Savage) but has thusfar basically spent the entire game surviving due to the whims of others, completely in the dark as to what's actually going on.

And Fishbach. Oh my god, Fishbach.

Edited by GoGo YubAsuka
  • Like 1

This season's focus on Spencer is exhausting. 

Survivor is totally going to use a similar set-up in the future - the three tribe set up allowed for them to keep a whole lot of players safe and early merge means that miraculously Joe, Savage, Spencer, Jeremy are somehow still in the game at a merge and somehow were not the targets at the merge. Bonkers. 

That said - I feel like the season is really suffering from a lack of equal focus on all the characters- we got a lot of focus on 5 or so characters (Spencer, Varner, Abi, Tasha, Jeremy) and we aren't getting a whole lot from others.