TEW13 Real World Update: July 2015

My last comment was overly negative, and I apologize for that. It was just really jarring to go from the 2004 mod, which was SO intricate in terms of personalities and relationships and skillsets, to go to the newest mod which had absolutely nothing. I just kinda got a ranting bug, and that was really unfair. I'm sure this is difficult, I sure as shit don't know how to make a mod. 

I do agree that some of the no-name wrestlers should probably be removed, as it would increase load times. However, I do enjoy this mod.

It's difficult to draw the line on this when it comes to "no-name wrestlers" as we all have different awareness of different promotions and areas. As an example, for ages until they were added as a full time promotion I'd go about starting a small UK company and building them as Southside. It used to get my goat that I couldn't have their tag team champions in due to Joseph Connors not being on there. To probably 95% of people he'd mean nothing but it was someone I was watching every month and noticeable by his absence. I'm not going to say that a whole bunch of Japanese blokes be scrapped due to my own ignorance of the scene over there - though if cagematch shows no involvement in wrestling for years I'd consider dropping them - we don't need a billion retired hands enough will retire by the end of the second month as it is! - but by no means is that an entirely accurate resource.

Yeah, same here. I was all set to sign Reno SCUM for my tag division, only to find that one of the members just didn't exist, and it really confused me. Is one guy tangiblu less popular than the other? 

I would remove Canada from the list of places that Bob Holly can work. He's worked here before, but never with a promotion that was based in the country. Always through WWE touring.

Also, I'd like to help add Western Canadian indy's to the database, but I want to start with one and work from there. Would you prefer Thrash Wrestling (which is more local to me), Big West Wrestling (out of Kelowna, BC) or Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling (home of the Bollywood Boyz)?

Out of those three I would put ECCW top sincethey are already in game, plus I believe they have had a few big names there in the recent months and they just launched an on demand service, I did have them active but due to a lack of updates

Are there any notable promotions for the praries and martimes regions, most promotions for Canada in the database tend to be in Quebec and Ontario.

Removing 'no-name' wrestlers would be a horrible idea. Just because you don't know who someone is doesn't mean they can't work. There's a far bigger world out there than the one the mainstream covers.

I wont be removing anyone without good reason last few people I removed were because they were doubles, I will be removing one worker this month that being Morkeith Brown, a guy who signed to WWE development and appears to have been released without doing anything so no need to keep him in.

I dunno if it is just me, but does a lot of the bigger stars have kinda bad stats? I mean, for example, Seth Rollin's aerial was only at 50%, and sex appeal was at only 20%. Ziggler's entertainment skills were at 60%, and so on.

I'm confused by these ratings. I looked through the WWE roster and a lot of them are pretty bad. I dunno if TheWho87 did the ratings or someone else did, but yeah... They need to be fixed.

Also, since I'm Australian, I went through all the Aussie workers and alot of them were wrong too (mainly age wise). For instance, TJ Star is not 26, she's 20. Matt Bailey isn't 35, he's 27. They are friends of mine, and seeing alot of their stats completely wrong is kinda annoying.

But anyway, overall the effort is appreciated. Just wish there wasn't alot of noticeable mistakes.

Why is the NWA listed as having closed in 1948? 

When it comes to closed active promotions I list the closed date as the open date. Take nothing from it it just means they are a closed promotion in game.

I dunno if it is just me, but does a lot of the bigger stars have kinda bad stats? I mean, for example, Seth Rollin's aerial was only at 50%, and sex appeal was at only 20%. Ziggler's entertainment skills were at 60%, and so on.

I'm confused by these ratings. I looked through the WWE roster and a lot of them are pretty bad. I dunno if TheWho87 did the ratings or someone else did, but yeah... They need to be fixed.

Also, since I'm Australian, I went through all the Aussie workers and alot of them were wrong too (mainly age wise). For instance, TJ Star is not 26, she's 20. Matt Bailey isn't 35, he's 27. They are friends of mine, and seeing alot of their stats completely wrong is kinda annoying.

But anyway, overall the effort is appreciated. Just wish there wasn't alot of noticeable mistakes.

Any suggesgions for stat changes are welcome, just give a rough idea at what levels they should be at so I can change them rather than just say the stat is low which doesnt help.

In regard to Australian workers, the sites I use to get basic information (cagematch.net and wrestlingdata.com) does not have much on Australian workers, in most cases I take their debut year or the earliest year they have a match listed and take 20 off of that assuming they debuted at the age of 20, its not accurate but its a viable alternative with limited information.

Change Roddy Piper to deceased

Since he died on the 1st, he will be active for the next database since I dont make any changes for what has happened after July 31st.

Currently finishing off things, the database should be up at some point today.