Srar is playing Bloodborne!

Your Mom

Um...the first creature killed me. Was I not supposed to fight it? Oh wait maybe I was supposed to die? I'm already confused. I sure did punch the fuck out of that wolf thing though!

6 minutes ago, Maxx said:

This is going to be like trying to put Road Dogg through a table, forever.

:lol: I actually think I'm stuck already. I got some weapons and now there is a door I can't open and it looks like nowhere else to go

• Like 1

Advice: Be prepared to die...a lot. 

Also lanterns are your best friend, they save your progress and allow you to transport back to the dream world in which you can upgrade your stats. 

When upgrading your stats as well Base it off how you want to play the game. If you aren't going to use magic or use weapons such as the staff then there's no point boosting stats relating to it. 

Oh and don't be scared to just run away either :)

Seems this is a little late but hey, maybe you'll try again someday. I'd say as a very base level of advice, any Souls game requires a degree of patience and respect for the enemies that you fight. That is to say, even the common skele/zombie types you might come across and quickly disregard as one/two hit pushovers, you never know when they can gang up on you and stunlock you to death.

Other than that, I guess it's a case of figuring out what suits you in terms of combat. You are maybe a little more limited in Bloodborne specifically as the shields are basically useless there. In the Souls games you could always just lug around a big shield but you have to dodge more here or use your firearm to stagger enemies. There is a bit of a learning curve to get over but hopefully you make it. I remember spending all night to get through the starting area in Demons Souls first time around...memories. Maybe you could try reading a few guides/wikis or watch a Lets Play or something to ease you in?

The gun isn't really for attacking the way that you would assume in other games to be honest - what you want to do with it in Bloodborne is time a shot with it to stun your enemy and get in a visceral attack that will do huge damage. Either that or use it to stagger something that is chasing you for a moment to get away or re-position better. All in all, Bloodborne is a toss up with Dark Souls 2 for the easiest game of that style so if you're going to get into it - it's likely going to be with this.

I'll try again for sure. It's just not what I'm used to. Like if I throw a molotov cocktail in another game I am used to it going toward an enemy and not just flying off into the distance. Plus there seemed to be a lot of times a guy would jump out and hit me and there was literally no way I could have seen he was there and by then I was pretty much already dead.

2 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

Am I also right in thinking this game doesn't tell you where to go at all?

I only played for about 15 minutes but from what I saw, it really didn't. I read a lot of posts Ollie (I think it was) made about the game and he seemed to imply that you could go anywhere you wanted...and stumble onto things you didn't want to.

1 hour ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

I'll try again for sure. It's just not what I'm used to. Like if I throw a molotov cocktail in another game I am used to it going toward an enemy and not just flying off into the distance. Plus there seemed to be a lot of times a guy would jump out and hit me and there was literally no way I could have seen he was there and by then I was pretty much already dead.

Yeah, all of the games tend to have that some kind of weird trajectory. If you lock on to someone it can help but it's going to follow a certain arc no matter what. A lot of times when you first go through an area - you're probably going to get jumped a few times, that's all part of the game. And then from there on out every time you go to a lamp and reset an area, it's going to be the exact same so parts of it is a memory game.

26 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

Am I also right in thinking this game doesn't tell you where to go at all?

Not really, naw. It's really a game where a guide doesn't hurt at all - as it doesn't even tell you that you can start to improve your character when returning to the Hunter's Dream after dying a couple of times.. or.. after beating the first boss, I'm trying to remember. But yeah - getting primed up on the game can really help enjoyment and it's not really frowned upon, especially for a first game in the series. After that a lot of people like playing the others by trial and error and a lack of hand holding or at the very least - optional hand holding.