Hellraiser

Dear Valued Guest,

As you may have heard, U.S. Congress has just passed the Privacy Act of 2039, which will be effective starting today. You will begin to see the impact of this legislation roll out over the coming weeks.

Delos Destinations has been providing themed fun for over a decade, and the security of our guests both in the park and online in the real world is tantamount to our success. As far as we're concerned, your core experience will stay the same: an opportunity to discover who you are, in an environment without limits.

All corporations with a digital footprint are required to be compliant with this new initiative, affecting the way your private information is collected, stored, shared, and processed. As part of this new overhaul, legislators have partnered with Incite to provide a clearer path to radical data transparency, putting control back in the hands of consumers.

For more specifics on how this new law will affect you, please check out InciteInc.com.

And as a gesture of our commitment to a safer, more open and free world, enjoy an extra night stay at Westworld or our newest attraction, The Raj–on us.

This is only the beginning. Welcome to life without limits.

https://inciteinc.com/#privacy-act-2039

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Guess I gotta have HBO Now or Go or HBO Go Fuck Yourself to watch season 2 eh?

People disliked S2 but I enjoyed it so I would recommend it. But they don't really continue anything from it so you could do a recap to get the gist. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, livid said:

People disliked S2 but I enjoyed it so I would recommend it. But they don't really continue anything from it so you could do a recap to get the gist. 

I'd still like to see it for completionists sake. Just reading some of the recaps it seems like it gets even more batshit than season 1.

• 3 weeks later...

Halfway through the season and the most front and center "mystery" of the season has been revealed. Glad they didn't drag that out. 

Spoiler

Fits more than shoehorning lesser characters into new hosts just because too. Dolores thinks of herself as a god so why wouldn't she just use copies of herself?

The fight scene between Stubbs and Dolores was great, though. 

Also, I don't think I'll ever got over how awesome/weird it is when Ramin Djawadi covers a contemporary song.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoilers for episode 8:

Spoiler

So Dolores is in revenge mode and hellbent on destroying humanity the entire time until she finds one human who isn't a complete asshole and suddenly she chooses to see the beauty in the world and humanity is worth saving? Why does she care whether they have free will or not?

Edited by Hellraiser

Watching season 3...

Spoiler

I'm on episode 4 and whilst the season started strongly, I find myself drifting in attention this season. I loved season 2 so I'm hoping this pulls back, but a big part of Westworld's appeal to me was.. well, Westworld.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 3

Spoiler

It's kind of weird and disappointing to see the show just completely stray from the parks. There's a lot of intrigue for me still, especially as it's apparent all the hosts are being brought back. But I would suspect it'll be in a non-Westworld setting. And the whole Westworld setting was the biggest draw of the show.

Also, am I right in guessing that the end of season 2 plays directly into what Hale was doing? That is, they all uploaded their consciousness somewhere, and perhaps Hale got it back. And it's been a long time coming for William. Nobody was better mapped by Delos than him, so making all his evil impluses into a host seemed like a logical outcome.

I'll add that it's doubly weird that Joy & Nolan made the show look like this in Season 3 when they're making The Peripheral for Amazon which will probably look and feel about the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Season 3

Hide contents

Also, am I right in guessing that the end of season 2 plays directly into what Hale was doing? That is, they all uploaded their consciousness somewhere, and perhaps Hale got it back

Spoiler

I don't think that she has the key to the place where the consciousnesses are stored. Bernard has that and went to that place. At least that is what I took from that scene at the motel. Haleores is still a copy of Dolores. Her plan is the same as Dolores' plan before she had a change of heart: wipe out humanity and let the hosts take over.  

10 hours ago, Hellraiser said:
  Hide contents

I don't think that she has the key to the place where the consciousnesses are stored. Bernard has that and went to that place. At least that is what I took from that scene at the motel. Haleores is still a copy of Dolores. Her plan is the same as Dolores' plan before she had a change of heart: wipe out humanity and let the hosts take over.  

Spoiler

Oh yeah that probably makes some more sense.