2017 MLB Thread

Meacon Keaton

I can't stand these replays where a guy is clearly safe, but his hand or foot comes off the base for a split second and he's then called out.  It just seems like such a cheap out based only off technicality, not common sense whatsoever.

I wish MLB would come up with a change of that replay rule, but I don't know how they can do it without leaving it vague.  At least here it's not vague...it's just stupid.

That 5th inning was the worst inning of Matt Wieters' career. Unbelievable.

In baseball history only 6 games have ever all had a passed ball strikeout, intentional walk, catcher's interference, and hit by pitch all happen. None of course have had them all happen in the same inning. And needless to say none have had them all happen in consecutive order.

Apparently the passed ball strikeout should have *technically* been called dead when his bat hit Wieters but Wieters was crowding the batter and it looks like it hit him after the ball passed and he got up to scramble for it. Doubt the ump saw it and even if he did I think it's the right call to not call it since that rule is clearly for backswings when the catcher doesn't get up, or so I think.

Also that's now 69 consecutive seasons DC's teams in the big 4 leagues have failed to make it to a conference championship. Mystics and DC United have both had appearances though, and of course college teams Maryland, George Mason, and Georgetown have all reached final fours in basketball as well as competed for titles in other sports.