I think I'm gonna hurl!

GhostMachine

*puke smiley would go here, if we had one. A `puking a gallon or two' smiley, even*

Apparently the casting looks like:

Bo Duke - Sean William Scott

Luke Duke - Johnny Knoxville

Daisy Duke - Jessica Simpson (hasn't actually been cast yet, but she's apparently in the lead for the role)

Boss Hogg - Burt Reynolds (same situation)

Now, in my opinion, they should also cast the following:

Uncle Jesse - Jeff Foxworthy with old man make-up, or Willie Nelson

Sheriff Roscoe P. Coletrane - Ben Stiller

No idea who should play Cooter, though.....

Guest Bluesman

You're fucking kidding me, right? You have to be, especially with the actors listed there. I can go pluck any theatre major off campus and they're guaranteed to have more acting ability than Scott, Knoxville, and Simpson put together. Ugh.

I found this off yahoo movies, although it's from last year:

Ashton Kutcher as Luke Duke, Paul Walker as Bo Duke, Britney Spears as Daisy Duke and Anthony Anderson as Boss Hogg. A Warner Bros. source, however, has officially confirmed that *no* casting decisions have been made as of yet on this project, referring to the 7/31/03 THR story as "some wild flyer" that was "speculated."
Edited by Bluesman

Meh I'd go see it as it'll end up being something like Starsky and Hutch where it was really making fun of the show and time period than anything else. And since Starsky and Hutch was one of my favorite movies of the year so far, I'd probably like Dukes of Hazzard too. And from what I've heard, Britney Spears was to be cast but now its Jessica Simpsons, with Jessica Biel and Mandy Moore are also being considered.

Edit - Just for fun, I think they should cast John Schneider as atleast a cameo role.

Edited by J-Dubb

Edit - Just for fun, I think they should cast John Schneider as atleast a cameo role.

There we go...JOHN SCHNEIDER AS COOTER!! :shifty:

But seriously, folks...Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg would be absolute fucking gold, IMHO. Can't really see Jessica Biel or Mandy Moore lining up to play Daisy...something like this really should be beneath those two. Jessica Simpson would be close to perfect for this role. As for Bo and Luke, Scott and Kutcher could reunite and do a passable job...and Knoxville would be a better fit as Roscoe. If this one's half the spoof that Starsky and Hutch was, it'll be a decent flick, 'cause the Dukes were begging to be parodied the moment the show first aired.

Willie Nelson would be the best Uncle Jessie(plus if you've ever seen Honesuckle Rose or Red Headed Stranger..you'll know he a fairly good actor), would be nice too since his old buddy (the late great) Waylon Jennings sang the orginal theme (which if they're going to update better go with someone Alan Jackson or maybe Kenny Chesney but theres no one around now who could match the old Outlaw, 'cept Steve Earle) but the best option would be use the old Waylon Jennings theme. Plus Burt Reynolds would indeed be gold as Bos Hogg.

Bo Duke - Sean William Scott

Luke Duke - Johnny Knoxville

That'd make me see the movie right there, I love Knoxville, in my mind he's a brilliant actor. SWS isn't that bad either, I liked him in The Rundown and of course he's got the comedy experience from American Pie.

Anyways, I expected to read Owen and Ben as the names there, since they're a pretty good comedy duo. That would mean a Will Ferrel apperance too.