Benji

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Installed the game on my new laptop, no trouble at all. Did the fix to get the game running on full screen no trouble. Can’t get rid of the fucking black rectangles underneath my Sims at all. 

Think this is the fix I went with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Gone with a different one, but got the job done! Now time to binge for the next few days before leaving it alone for months.

Still putting off reinstalling it myself until I finally buckle down on the SSD I keep saying I'm gonna swap over to as my singular storage solution. Had a few inadvertent jump scares while putzing around in Build Mode after mixing in my downloaded music...and that was the bulk of my time in the game.

If you're playing with Ultimate Collection, check out Any Game Starter. It lets you create a game with whatever content you want, the only issue is you have to recopy your mods into it. They have one for Sims 3 as well. 

I've been thinking about doing a legacy challenge, just debating if I want it to be on Sims 2 or Sims 3. 

Sims 3 has the benefit of a changing neighborhood and a much more open world, while Sims 2 has a lot of the more enjoyable content. I suppose the question with any would be which expansions to use. Even the most minimal expansions for Sims 3 will just add more cheaty stuff to the game. That's absent for the most part in Sims 2, the only real glitch I'm aware of has to do with the University gym where your Athletic skill will just skyrocket. Sims 2 also has it's fair share of exploitable cheaty stuff:

Career rewards which give small boosts to your motivation. While normally not that bad, a few of these can make it so that you have Sims that are constantly taken care off. And while yeah, you have to earn them, you could just make the Snapdragons from Open for Business which, if they're the good ones, do the same thing. 

Career rewards which will give you obscene money. Off the top of my head, this would be the podium you get for Law and the pinball machine from the Gamer career. 

Bigfoot. Bigfoot has max skills and doesn't require friends to advance in his career of choice. 

So...yeah. I'd post it here on EWB, but more in an AAR style instead of trying to do a narrative. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey @Benji 👋

Onto business. Still chipping away at my absurdly long running Sims 2 game, and all of a sudden my Pleasantview neighbourhood just got interesting.

The latest Malcolm Landgraab had two kids - both daughters. Malcolm and his wife are soon to die, leaving his eldest daughter to inherit their mansion (which I expanded to fuck ages ago, putting Goth Manor to shame). Now, Landgraab daughter is currently dating one of the Broke kids (OG Brandi’s grandson I believe). If they get married, as they are on a trajectory to do, then it becomes a Broke household, rather than Landgraab. 

From starting the game in a trailer park to taking over the biggest home in the town, you gotta love that journey. 

It will also be the second starting family name to be wiped out I believe. I think there’s only an elderly Pleasant left, while the Burb and Gavigan names are hanging on by a thread. Goths, Lotharios, Calientes, Brokes and Dreamers aplenty though. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Hey @Benji 👋

Onto business. Still chipping away at my absurdly long running Sims 2 game, and all of a sudden my Pleasantview neighbourhood just got interesting.

The latest Malcolm Landgraab had two kids - both daughters. Malcolm and his wife are soon to die, leaving his eldest daughter to inherit their mansion (which I expanded to fuck ages ago, putting Goth Manor to shame). Now, Landgraab daughter is currently dating one of the Broke kids (OG Brandi’s grandson I believe). If they get married, as they are on a trajectory to do, then it becomes a Broke household, rather than Landgraab. 

From starting the game in a trailer park to taking over the biggest home in the town, you gotta love that journey. 

It will also be the second starting family name to be wiped out I believe. I think there’s only an elderly Pleasant left, while the Burb and Gavigan names are hanging on by a thread. Goths, Lotharios, Calientes, Brokes and Dreamers aplenty though. 

Are you just hopping between the families to keep things going? 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...