The Netflix Marvel Universe Thread

Lint

So we usually start a new thread for each Marvel show, but they don't get much talk.  Its not worth talking about them in the MCU TV Thread, since they aren't really connected to SHIELD (and SHIELD won't be connected to The Inhumans). 

Some pictures of Jon Berenthal as The Punisher  were released, and he looks fucking awesome

In theory it would get rid of all the individual threads.  I don' think its a bad idea to have a Netflix universe catch all, as the shows are all connected.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

We already have the MCU TV thread plus individual threads, and comic book threads. Is there any need for more catch all threads?

The individual threads drop off pretty quick after the first week or so then get forgotten about.  Iron Fist and Luke Cage got a whole 2 pages of discussion then won't be used again until next year. 

1 hour ago, livid said:

Because they are all connected but not to SHIELD at all. I get it, since a lot of what's discussed regarding these shows won't be regarding SHIELD or Inhumans, etc.

So why have an MCU TV thread if you're only going to talk about Shield?

Do you want us to make Benji Questions the Existence of Threads catch all threads, or can we do separate ones for each thread?

I would say the MCU TV one could be changed to a Shield specific one as that show has a good enough following to support it.

• Like 1

And that seems to be the only show talked about in that thread.

Since these ones are all connected and are leading up to a crossover show with all of them, I think it makes more sense to have this thread as a catch all for the Netflix shows than using that one. Especially since people can be a little more liberal with spoilers, etc.

I'm personally on the side of the fence where I don't think this thread is especially necessary either, tbh, but if people would rather use this and drop all individual threads for the Netflix shows going forward we'll go that route.

The problem with axing/renaming the MCU TV thread going forward is that we have stuff like Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, and New Warriors in the pipeline, and if those shows catch on then we'll be back at this. Agents of SHIELD is the only show being talked about there because Agents of SHIELD is the only one airing new episodes now that Agent Carter is done.

Sorry if I seem standoffish about it, not trying to be, I just don't get the logic. I think separating the conversation dilutes it a bit. End of the say people will do what they want to do, but between General TV, MCU TV,  single show threads, and now this, it just seems like you may as well do a single show thread in the first place if you're going to have that many "catch all" threads.

Speaking personally I don't think it's the end of the world that the single show threads come and go. I've never found it especially hard to just go find the old thread and, if I feel like I have something to say about it, bump it.

• Like 1

Yeah I mean if I'm being honest, I don't really care either way. I'll find a way to talk about it regardless but I also don't see the harm in the thread and understand where he's coming from.

I actually get the individual TV shows for Netflix, because they're all released in one go and not week-by-week, so it makes it easier to avoid spoilers for when I want to talk about Punisher but say, have not watched Iron Fist yet. That's why the individual show threads exist, right? 

• Like 1

Jesus F'ing christ, had I known it'd cause this much trouble I never would've made the damn thread!  @GoGo Yubari please close it so we can stop the TV & Movies war