FIFA Confederations Cup 2017

Lineker

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

Ronaldo didn't get to take one. @TCO will be delighted.

I am delighted! :lol: 

The knob wanted to score the 5th so he could take his top off and get his photo taken. He's the captain and best penalty taker. There are 0 reasons other than ego why he wouldn't be in the first 3 takers.

• Like 1

I've always seen your point on it, but it goes both ways really. You either put all your eggs in one basket having your top takers step up first, or spread them out and have a capable taker go last - if it's 4-4 going into the last pen and it's Ronaldo v a nervous centre back, it becomes a good decision. And didn't Ronaldo securing the win via pens on more than one occasion start the whole "big headed twat" point?

• Like 1

On 29/06/2017 at 18:00, Baddar said:

I've always seen your point on it, but it goes both ways really. You either put all your eggs in one basket having your top takers step up first, or spread them out and have a capable taker go last - if it's 4-4 going into the last pen and it's Ronaldo v a nervous centre back, it becomes a good decision. And didn't Ronaldo securing the win via pens on more than one occasion start the whole "big headed twat" point?

The whole point is negated when your best penalty taker doesn't get to take one. A goal on the board is always better than one in hand.

Can you give any other examples where the undisputed best penalty taker has been consistently 5th up? I imagine there's not many out there. 

You'd be guaranteed Lampard would step up and stick one to take the pressure off early. Ronaldo is an arrogant twat who looks pissed off if a team mate scores. It's literally nothing other than his ego in this instance.

• Like 1

This VAR is a right fucking mess. They spent 5 minutes nearly with the video guys debating whether Jara elbowed his opponent or not, when it was clear from one replay that he blatantly did, then after deliberating for ages he gave him a yellow card!

Then just now the ref has delayed a corner been taken for several minutes, jogged over to the pitch side screen to take a swift glance at it and decide it's still a corner. Ey?

Yet the other day the ref didn't bother using it after a blatant foul in the box that should've been a pen in the U-21 tournament. Are they purposely fucking it up to annoy people enough to day "nah, let's not bother with it"?

At least they are promoting consistency by having the video refs be just as shite as the normal ones 

• Like 2