Songs That Remind You of Scenes

Benji

Yeah, I'm not saying you're wrong or anything by the way, I know you mentioned it for a reason, I just couldn't think of a Vietnam film I could remember hearing it.

I think I'm just more of a fan of Bob Dylan's original so I more closely associate with that version than the Hendrix one, and they both feel quite distinctly different.

• Like 1

Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen at the start is another good one from that film actually.

The Coen Brothers are also quite good at picking music and using them well.

I've always loved this song too, and how it's used here, even though I don't really love the film.

This from In Bruges is also pretty stunning.

God, I need to stop myself, I feel like I could just endlessly litter this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Arjen Robben said:

I've always loved this song too, and how it's used here, even though I don't really love the film.

The soundtrack for Snatch was out of this world. But how can you not love this film?

And I hope you don't think I am picking on you but you picked that over Fuckin' in the Bushes by Oasis? For shame.

9 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

Haha, I think it's just cause I like Angel more than Fuckin' in the Bushes that it edged it out, coupled with not wanting to go mad with a load from the same film (cause Golden Brown from that film is also used really well too. And Disco Science actually.)

You could throw a dart at the song list for the album and always get a great song.

Hundred Mile High City from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels though... The only other thing I associate it more with is Three Lions on the PS1. Before putting the disc in it was "Oh yeah, lets do Argentina vs West Germany or Holland vs West Germany" but after seeing the intro with all the English players it always ended up with England '66 vs England '98... 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2017 at 10:16, Arjen Robben said:

I actually do love this movie and this is my favourite scene. But this one is great too and anytime I hear it, I think of O Brother, Where Art Thou.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...