Arsenal Thread

TMM

Yeah im looking forward to the rematch should be a classic, Arsenal determined to get revenge as it were and United determined to show they are the better team. What a showdown it will be.

Nevile was disgusting the way he went after Reyes, funny how Reyes has a doggy ankle so what does Nevile do. I thought that Pires should have started the game instead of Edu, but oh well.

Another question, where has Pennant gone, I always thourght he wa a great young player, but ive not heard hide or hair of him since the charity shield match.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has started two games iirc. And been on the bench a few times. With Freddie getting back on form there is not much he can do. His time will come though.

Onto the Utd game again, it sickens me how they cannot play football in the proper manner, we went out to play a game of footballand they go out to injure as many players as possible, and the FA need to take action, it happens season in and season out and I am getting fucking sick of it.

I am sorry, but both Nevilles were there to put Reyes out of the game, Nistelrooy was just a dirty git and it makes you wonder.

They did exactly the same thing in the FA Cup last season. They saw Reyes was a huge threat and tried to take him out of the game.

I can't wait for the return game already.

to be honest, I didn't notice the Neville's purposely gunning for Reyes. BUT, as a neutral, that's not the kind of thing I'd look out for. And, Nistelrooy claims he didn't mean it, and because there's no 100% proof he was trying to kneecap Cole, I'm taking his word for it.

nice sig, by the way. lol.

Yes he did mean it. And why did he mean it, becasue van Nistelrooy is a cheat. He got Vieira sent off in that very game, he punched Ljungberg in that game in 2002 at Old Trafford.

Arsenal dislike Nistelrooy and all the anger in the Arsenal players came out when he hit the bar. He has been cheating through these matches ever since he joined and when he hit the bar it all came out.

Ruud van Nistelrooy's apology to Ashley Cole does not look like ending his feud with Arsenal after Arsene Wenger launched another bitter attack on the Dutchman.

Van Nistelrooy began the first suspension of his Manchester United career tonight after pleading guilty to the charge of serious foul play levelled against him by the Football Association following his crude tackle on Cole during the Red Devils' 2-0 win at Old Trafford.

Under the FA's new fast-track disciplinary process, the striker will also miss Saturday's trip to Portsmouth and the November 7 Manchester derby as a result of the challenge BBC pundit Alan Hansen labelled `a disgrace'.

Van Nistelrooy maintains the incident was not premeditated but TV replays looked bad, prompting the apology to Cole which accompanied a vehement defence of his disciplinary record.

'There was no deliberate intent to harm Ashley Cole and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to him,' said Van Nistelrooy.

'Throughout my 10-year career I believe my disciplinary record is very good, not only for Manchester United but at all my previous clubs.

'I accept the charge made by the FA and I take full responsibility for this incident.'

However, van Nistelrooy's stance is unlikely to win him too much sympathy at Highbury and Wenger's latest comments will not do much to ease the on-going tension between England's biggest clubs.

The striker was already public enemy number one among the Gunners for his role in getting Patrick Vieira dismissed on Arsenal's previous Premiership visit to Old Trafford 13 months ago.

On that occasion, the 28-year-old was mobbed by angry visiting players after missing a last-gasp penalty.

This season, van Nistelrooy did not miss - either Cole or the net after he was offered a chance to redeem himself for his previous spot-kick blunder.

Wenger was seething at the former PSV Eindhoven man's challenge, labelling him a cheat, a statement that could yet land the Frenchman in trouble with the FA, an accusation that prompted the `soupgate' tunnel scandal which United have been so keen to play down.

It is the latest in a series of misguided challenges by van Nistelrooy, who escaped without censure last week after catching Sparta Prague defender Pavel Pergl in the face with a stray elbow.

The prolific forward is clearly earning himself a bad reputation and Wenger is not in the mood to offer forgiveness.

'Van Nistelrooy is a big enough player just to come and play football,' said the Arsenal chief.

'I have no preconceived ideas about him but what is he doing carrying out such silly things.

'If you look at the video again it wasn't just the challenge on Ashley Cole, he also steps on Jens Lehmann in the second half and it's clearly on purpose.

'He does it like he is always innocent. Who is he trying to impress by doing that.

'Why can't he just play football and forget all the rest.'

Francesco Toldo could be offered to Arsenal, if he continues to be left on the sidelines at Internazionale.

The 32-year-old has been dropped by Inter coach Roberto Mancini, who is currently preferring veteran Alberto Fontana.

Toldo's future with the Nerazzurri is now in severe doubt.

His agent Andrea D'Amico has admitted that he may talk with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, if the situation at Inter does not improve for Toldo.

"With Arsenal I have a good relationship and I am a friend and referring point of coach Arsene Wenger," D'Amico told magazine Guerin Sportivo.

"With Toldo, we are waiting to see how the situation will develop: we want to understand Inter's intentions.

"Anyway Arsenal would be a prestigious and big international value solution."

Should Toldo not regain his place between now and January, then a move in the transfer window could be a viable option.

I think if Toldo comes in then Stack will probally move on.

Toldo ?

Lehman

Almunia

Taylor

Stack

That is alot to get through to become first choice goalkeeper.

Wenger never seems to good with goalkeepers, first we had Alex Manninger, who imo was a decent enough goal keeper to warrant a first team place, he played Very well when Seaman was injured. But Wenger let him go.

Then comes Richard Wright, I was so excited when he signed for us, I personally feel he should have stayed on, but Wenger let him go. Now we have Taylor and Stack who will most probally never see the daylight in the first team from now on.

Thing is we need a young goalkeeper, Lehman is in his mid thrities, Toldo is 32, thats if he signs. We have had young goalkeepers in the past who by now would have become regular players and would have made excellent goalkeepers.

Anyone watching the Man City game, 0-0 at the moment, apperantley the average age for Arsenal players in this game is 20 years old.

2-0 to the Arsenal, Van Persie is looking like a potential world class player, Lulipi played well as did Fabregas, to be honest i'd love them to bring Fabregas in as a regular player, he is truly amazing for his age.

Edited by Cortez

Great win, different players but same old Arsenal.

Two brilliant goals, and yes van Persie looked quality tonight, can't wait to see him given a start in a league game.

Also, aobut the keeper thing, we must sign Hildebrand, one of the best keepers around imo. He is on top of my wishlist.