Low Ki (4-1)

Chris Hero (2-3)

Colt Cabana (1-4)

Spanky- London

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Frankie Kazarian (2-2-1) vs. Sonjay Dutt (0-5)

-Chris Sabin (2-3) vs. Michael Shane (1-3-1)

-Super Dragon (3-1-1) vs. Bryan Danielson (5-0)

-Spanky (2-3) vs. Paul London (3-1-1)

-Christopher Daniels (3-2) vs. Petey Williams (2-3)

-Alex Shelley (2-3) vs. Low Ki (4-1)

-Roderick Strong (replacing The Messiah) (2-3) vs. Chris Hero (2-3)

-CM Punk (4-1) vs. Colt Cabana (1-4)

MOTN- Dragon vs. Dragon

Super Dragon vs. Bryan Dainielson

Punk vs Cabana

Edited by Marth

-Frankie Kazarian (2-2-1) vs. Sonjay Dutt (0-5)- Dutt, because I just can't see him going winless in this thing.

-Chris Sabin (2-3) vs. Michael Shane (1-3-1)- Sabin, because he's WAY beter than Shane.

-Super Dragon (3-1-1) vs. Bryan Danielson (5-0)- Danielson had better win this match.

-Spanky (2-3) vs. Paul London (3-1-1)- God, another match I really don't wanna predict. Oh well, I'll say London.

-Christopher Daniels (3-2) vs. Petey Williams (2-3)- Daniels, the all-around competitor vs. Williams, the one-trick pony. Yeah, Daniels better win this.

-Alex Shelley (2-3) vs. Low Ki (4-1)- Interesting little match here. I'll say Shelly in an upset.

-Roderick Strong (replacing The Messiah) (2-3) vs. Chris Hero (2-3)- Strong should win this, as he has charisma, whereas Hero is just a cooky-cutter technical genius.

-CM Punk (4-1) vs. Colt Cabana (1-4)- I think Cabana pulls out the huge upset in this one.

MOTN honors go to Spanky-London.

Next show will feature:

Match of the Night: Spanky/London

Here's the show everyone, I hope you enjoy the triple main event especially, some of my best work :)

Rise of the Independents December 11, 2004: When Friends Collide

Alex Shelley makes his way to the ring as we open up the show, microphone in hand. He gets in the ring.

Shelley: “Ladies and gentlemen, it is my distinct honor and privilege to introduce to you, the man who is replacing The Messiah in the Rise of the Independents tournament, he is the REAL Messiah of this tournament, “The Messiah of the Backbreaker” Roderick Strong!!”

“Did My Time” by Korn hits and Strong comes through the curtains to a big pop from the crowd. Strong opens his arms like he is welcoming the crowd but then raises the bird on each finger! Most of the fans turn on him but some still cheer his downright heelness. He gets in the ring and him and Shelley shake hands and embrace.

Shelley: “Rod doesn’t need the support of you scumbags! You pay your hard-earned money that you get from your 9-to-5 jobs at McDonald’s to watch wrestlers like myself and Rod take people apart. And speaking of taking people apart, Chris Hero! I made you pass out in the Border City Stretch because I hurt your arm so bad, you didn’t have the guts to continue. NOW, Rod is going to hit you with so many backbreakers it’ll make your head spin! I mean come on! What are you Hero? The “Messiah of the Cravates?” Give me a break! Get out here and get your ass kicked like a man!”

“Kryptonite” hits and Chris Hero bursts through the curtain, tagging the hands of the fans on his way down the aisle. He gets on the apron and uses the top rope to flip into the ring and this should be a damn fine match!

Roderick Strong (2-3) vs. Chris Hero (2-3)

Strong dominates the opening minutes of this match until Hero gets a boot up in the corner as Strong charges and he hits the Cravate Cutter out of the corner! Both get up and Hero takes control with some stiff forearms and then a roaring elbow. Senton splash gets 2. He goes for the Hangman’s Clutch but Strong reaches the ropes. Hero with a somersault neckbreaker for 2. He goes for the Hero Sidekick (Cuz every Hero needs a sidekick) in the corner but Strong sidesteps the kick, grabs Hero in a Capture and then plants him in a head and leg backbreaker! That gets 2. Strong goes to work in the corner and beats Hero into a sitting position and hits a running boot to the face! He goes for his CX02 but Hero slips out, goes for the Hero’s Welcome but as he turns for it, Strong stops the momentum, lifts Hero like for a Curtain Call and then turns it into a backbreaker! 2 count again. He crosses the arms under Hero, maybe looking for a CX03 now but Hero backdrops him, tries a Cloverleaf piledriver but Strong lifts into a fireman’s carry and then elevates Hero and catches him with that double knee gutbuster! Big boot! One, two, thr..no! Strong can’t believe it! He gets Hero up and Shelley gets on the apron and grabs Hero as Strong distracts the ref. Strong then charges but Hero moves and Strong knocks Shelley off the apron! Hero quickly grabs Strong and plants him with the Hero’s Welcome! 1…2…3! Chris Hero gets the win but Roderick Strong certainly made a damn good first impression!

WINNER---Chris Hero

**** ½

Shelley gets back into the ring and quickly takes Hero down with a Shellshock. Strong recovers and both are beating Hero down now. Out of nowhere someone slides into the ring and dropkicks Strong to the outside and it’s Petey Williams! Petey Williams has come to save Chris Hero! Petey and Shelley come face to face as they are close allies in other promotions. Shelley holds his hands up saying he doesn’t want to fight and turns to go away but then tries to sucker punch Petey but Petey was ready for it! He blocks the shot and hits a few punches to Shelley. He whips him to the ropes and hits a back body drop! He then pulls on that imaginary rope, getting Shelley to his feet. He then goes for the Canadian Destroyer but before he can flip for it, Shelley quickly drops down and squirms out of the ring. Petey gets up on the ropes and holds his 2 fingers an inch apart from each other, telling Shelley he was that close to being Destroyed! Shelley and Strong retreat down the aisle as Petey and the ref help Hero up.

Up next we have 2 rivals in TNA’s X Division doing battle as Michael Shane meets Chris Sabin!

Michael Shane (1-3-1) vs. Chris Sabin (2-3)

Shane and Sabin wrestle a great match here with several near-falls. Shane almost puts Sabin away with a backbreaker, a Curtain Call, and a sitout powerbomb but Sabin stays in it. He comes back with a beautiful springboard swinging DDT and then hits the Over Easy for a 2. Future Shock gets another 2. He goes for a Cradle Shock, Shane escapes, tries a superkick, Sabin catches the foot, spins Shane around, boot to the gut, goes for his butterfly piledriver but Shane backdrops him and hits a piledriver! He goes up top now, leaps off and drives home the Picture Perfect Elbow! It’s over! One, two, thr..no! Sabin kicks out! Shane has a little tantrum, complaining to the ref but this allows Sabin to recuperate. He comes flying at Shane but Shane pulls the ref in the way of the flying bodypress and Sabin flattens him! Shane goes for a DDT but Sabin holds the ropes and Shane slams himself down on his back. He gets up but Sabin hits a big step-up enziguri! He calls for the end but Frankie Kazarian hits the ring! He goes for the Wave of the Future on Sabin but Sabin blocks it and one-punches Kazarian down! Shane charges but gets clobbered as well. Kazarian finally knocks Sabin down with a bicycle kick. Shane rests in the corner, knowing Kazarian has things well at hand. Kazarian hooks Sabin for a suplex but Sabin goes up and over and shoves Kazarian towards Shane. Shane, thinking it’s Sabin, hits a superkick right to the jaw of his own partner! He stands over Kazarian in disbelief. Sabin waits for Shane to turn around and when he does, he scoops him up and hits the Cradle Shock! The ref is recovered now and he counts the 3!

WINNER---Chris Sabin

**** ½

Kazarian attacks Sabin now after the bell and you would think we were watching a replay of the last match as Shane now gets up and they attack Sabin together. And just like after the last match, someone comes down to save the day, it’s Sonjay Dutt! He springboards just as Shane and Kazarian notice him and takes them both down with a dropkick, one foot for each guy! Sabin is able to recover and clothesline Kazarian out of the ring while Sonjay is all over Shane. Sonjay then whips Shane into Sabin who backdrops Shane over the top onto Kazarian on the floor! Sonjay then runs and Sabin flips Sonjay but Sonjay flips all the way over into a 450 onto Shane & Kazarian as the fans go wild! Sabin comes out and whips Shane’s ass to the back and Sonjay sends Kazarian back into the ring to officially start their match!

Frankie Kazarian (2-2-1) vs. Sonjay Dutt (0-5)

Sonjay is really fired up to win this and it shows as he absolutely dominates Kazarian in this one until Kazarian hits a low blow and a springboard back elbow off the ropes. Slingshot DDT for 2. Back to the Future bridging suplex for 2 also. Sonjay comes back with a big Déjà vu DDT and his springboard elbowdrop for 2. Sonjay Star Press and Sonjay is fired up. He hits the Indian People’s Elbow complete with Sprinkler Dance beforehand. Calcut Cut combo gets 2 and a half! So close! Sonjay now tries to hoist Kazarian up for the Indian Summer but Frankie is a little too big and he hits the Wave of the Future out of nowhere! Looks like Sonjay will go 0-6, one…two…thr..no! Sonjay refuses to say “I Quit!” Frankie gets frustrated now and he boosts Sonjay up onto the top turnbuckle. Kazarian climbs up, probably going for the One Man Revolution but Sonjay fires back with shots and pushes Kazarian down! He stands up and waits for Kazarian to stand and then flips off, catches Kazarian in a headscissors and then hits a rana out of it, holy shit, Dragonrana! The ref counts, 1…2…3! Sonjay gets his first tournament win!

WINNER---Sonjay Dutt

Sonjay slides out of the ring and goes into the crowd, celebrating his victory!

Backstage we see Spanky doing some exercises before his match tonight against one of his best friends Paul London. Speaking of London, he comes up to Spanky.

London: “Hey man. I just wanted to say that I’m looking forward to this match. I’ve never gotten a big win over you before and I wanna see if I can change that tonight. May the best man win.”

London extends his hand to Spanky.

Spanky: “Do I really have to tell you who the best man is? Haha I’m just playing! Anyways, I’m really looking forward to this match too, I haven’t exactly been on fire in this tournament and you’ve got yourself a pretty good record so far so maybe I can even our records out a bit with a win tonight. Let’s do it.”

Spanky accepts the handshake and that has the potential to steal the show tonight!

But right now we have what should be a technical showcase as Christopher Daniels, fresh off sending The Messiah out of the tournament, takes on Petey Williams! We already saw Petey tonight as he helped Chris Hero fight off Alex Shelley and Roderick Strong. Could that come back to haunt Petey in this match? Will Shelley or Strong try and cost Petey the match? We shall see.

Christopher Daniels (3-2) vs. Petey Williams (2-3)

As expected, this match is quite a contest. Daniels maintains control through most of the first half of the match with his trademark offense, getting a couple of particularly close near-falls with an Arabian press and a Flatliner. Daniels tries to pull Petey out of the ropes by his feet but Petey lands on his feet, goes for an enziguri, Daniels blocks and tries his own enziguri but Petey blocks that and hits a Mr. Perfect neck snap, followed by a dropkick to the back of the neck for 2. Petey goes for a big clothesline but Daniels catches the arm and hits an STO. He goes for the Best Moonsault Ever but Petey moves out of the way, waits for Daniels to stand up and then hits the tilt-a-whirl into the Russian legsweep for a close 2. Petey goes for the Canadian Destroyer, Daniels grabs the arm and twists out, boot to the gut, tries for Angel’s Wings, Petey twists out the same way and goes for his snap neckbreaker, much like the Siakolpyse but as he twists, Daniels stands his ground and reverses it into Last Rites! He turns Petey over, 1…2…3!

WINNER---Christopher Daniels

*** ½

Daniels leaves and Petey gets up to a nice ovation from the appreciative crowd. That soon turns to a mixture of cheers and boos as Alex Shelley hits the ring and ambushes Petey from behind! He takes Petey down to the mat and locks in the Border City Stretch! The ref gets back in the ring and tries to get Alex to stop but he won’t! He is screaming at the top of his lungs demanding that Petey tap and Petey finally does but Shelley doesn’t stop! He keeps it on until we hear the familiar tune of Low Ki’s music! Shelley finally releases the hold and watches Low Ki come down the aisle. Low Ki doesn’t bother with his lap around the ring and scares Shelley out of the ring before tending to Petey. Shelley and Petey are scheduled to face each other at the final Block D show in 2 weeks and the intensity of that one just got kicked up a couple notches to say the least! But right now we have Alex Shelley vs. Low Ki!

Alex Shelley (2-3) vs. Low Ki (4-1)

This match tells an awesome scientific story as first Shelley focuses on Ki’s arm as per usual Shelley offense but Ki keeps just blasting Shelley with stiff kicks. So Shelley opts to focus on the legs instead as Low Ki – kicks = less pain for Shelley. Low Ki eventually goes to work on Shelley’s arm himself. Ki doesn’t use too many armlocks, instead choosing to just work it over with strikes. He hits the Tidal Wave right to the left arm of Shelley. Shelley though comes back with a Dragon screw and a high angle single leg crab on Ki. Ki then dodges a charging Shelley in the corner and hits the Tidal Krush right to the arm! He then takes Shelley down to a seated position and locks in a version of Cattle Mutilation on a SEATED Shelley! Ouch! Shelley doesn’t quit though and Low Ki goes for the Ki Krusher but he can’t put the pressure on his leg to lift Shelley! Shelley sees this and dropkicks the knee of Ki and then locks in an STF/Border City Stretch combination, grapevining the leg before utilizing his finisher! Some of the fans are yelling “Tap! Tap!” but Shelley isn’t able to pull back too hard on the hold because of the work Ki has done on his arm and Ki reaches the ropes! I use too many exclamation marks! Shelley says that’s it and goes for It Came From Japan but Ki twists out and locks in the Dragon Clutch! Shelley is able to snapmare Ki over and go for Shellshock but hurts his arm. Ki sees this and leaps up, snares Shelley’s arm and hangs from Shelley’s body with a version of a jujigatame on Shelley. Some call it the Six Seconds Magic but Ki refers to it as the Bite of the Dragon! Whatever it is, Shelley screams in pain and is forced to his knees and then to his stomach. Realizing he has nowhere to go he taps out, giving Low Ki the win!

WINNER---Low Ki

*** ½

Low Ki limps to the back as Shelley gets up heavily favoring his arm. Shelley doesn’t accept the fans’ applause and tries to do the universal “Up Yours” gesture but he hurts his arm even more! The fans laugh and Shelley storms backstage.

Speaking of backstage, we have the Second City Saints, CM Punk and Colt Cabana, with comments about their match tonight, against each other!

Punk: “There comes a time in the life of every single professional wrestler where we think to ourselves “Haven’t I been here before?” Tonight we go back to where it all started. CM Punk and Colt Cabana beating the hell out of each other. Only this time we aren’t killing ourselves in front of 20 people to get noticed. No, now we are wrestling in the MAIN EVENT in front of a thousand strong fans, who appreciate everything we do in that ring because when it comes down to it they know that they are seeing two of the best wrestlers in this country who love what they do. They are seeing competition at it’s peak form. Not only that, they’re seeing it at least TWICE.”

Cabana: “You got that right Punker, we’ve had Iron Man matches, 2 out of 3 falls, tag team, triple threat, you name it, we’ve done it. But tonight, 2 out of 3 falls, no time limit? Just another day at the office my friend. You and I are 2 of the top wrestlers in the world like you said and it’s gonna be my honor to do it one more time against you man.”

Punk: “Damn right. It’s good to see you not goofing off or anything like that, it’s about time you got serious and stopped the little fun and games.”

Punk leaves and Cabana peers around and makes sure Punk is gone before breaking into song and dance as we go to the ring for the first match of our triple “fighting friends” main event!

Spanky (2-3) vs. Paul London (3-1-1)

This is the match of the night as both men put it all on the line. Back and forth battle at the beginning until Spanky backdrops London to the floor in a nasty bump. Spanky then comes flying over the ropes with the Whirling Twirlixer! Spanky whips London into the rail but London quickly hops up on the rail and moonsaults onto Spanky. Back in the ring, London with a big enziguri and a moonsault off the 2nd turnbuckle for 2. Spinning heel kick and a Dropsault frustrate Spanky and he goes to the outside. London makes it look like he’s going to dive on Spanky but Spanky quickly gets out of the way and London puts on the brakes. London sees where Spanky goes though and climbs up top and hits a Shooting Star to the outside on a STANDING Spanky! The fans chant “Holy Shit!” as both men are slow to get up. London is up a little bit before Spanky and tosses him back into the ring for a 2 count. Fallaway slam and slingshot legdrop get 2 as well. London goes for a swinging DDT but Spanky blocks and hits a leg lariat followed by a chinbuster on the knee. Doctor Teeth out of the corner gets 2. Spanky goes for a Tornado Pedigree but London stops it and hits a Northern Lights suplex, floats over into another Northern Lights suplex and floats over again for his Legsweep DDT, this might be it! 1…2…no, Spanky gets a shoulder up! London is a little bit frustrated now but he tries to keep his focus.

He picks Spanky up and goes for that cradled powerbomb but Spanky reverses into a rana for a near-fall. Spanky with a scoop slam and he goes up top, comes off for a moonsault but he sees London move and lands on his feet, London attempts a Dropsault but Spanky swats him off and hits Sliced Bread #2 out of nowhere! He hooks London’s leg, One…two…thre..NO!! London kicks out of Sliced Bread #2!! Spanky argues with the ref as the fans start chanting “London! London!” Spanky tries to pull London to his feet but he is dead weight. He tries again but no luck. He finally hoists London up but London quickly inside cradles him, 1, 2, NO! Spanky barely gets a shoulder up at 2 and 7/8! London almost surprised him! Spanky quickly gets up and takes London down. He goes up top but is crotched by London! London goes onto the apron and climbs up the turnbuckles behind Spanky. He hooks Spanky’s arms in a double chickenwing and then leaps forward with the Waffle Face OFF THE TOP! The fans erupt in a “Holy Shit!” chant as both men are down. London finally starts to stir and he crawls over ever so slowly and drapes an arm over Spanky as the ref counts: 1……2……NO! Spanky gets a shoulder up! London uses the ropes to drag himself to his feet and he starts climbing up to the top rope. He gets up there, a little bit woozy but he regains his balance. He then leaps off with a breathtaking London Star Press but Spanky moves out of the way! Spanky then quickly gets up and rolls up London in an Oklahoma Roll and cinches it tight, 1…2…3! Just like that Spanky pins his best friend in the middle of the ring!

WINNER---Spanky

**** ½

Spanky gets to his feet, exhausted as a stunned London is just sitting there. Spanky goes over and offers his hand to London and helps his partner up. The two embrace as the fans applaud them.

Up next we have two guys who very rarely team together but the bond still exists. It’s the team of Double Dragon going head to head! Super Dragon and “American Dragon” Bryan Danielson! This one should be a spectacular hard-hitting match!

Super Dragon (3-1-1) vs. Bryan Danielson (5-0)

A tense feeling-out process starts this one out as these men have never actually faced each other one-on-one. Super Dragon breaks it open with some stiff forearms and chops early. Dragon fires back with chops and European uppercuts of his own and they stand off to a nice applause. They then lock up and go around and around the ring jockeying for position and they eventually spill to the outside still in the collar and elbow lockup! They break it off and both get in the ring and lock up again but the same thing happens, they end up outside the ring! They both go to get in at the same time again but Super Dragon stops and as Danielson tries to stand up in the ring, Dragon trips him! He gets in and stomps away at Danielson as the fans applaud his assholish-ness. He then lays into Danielson with the stiff punishment. He hits 2 double stomps and then a senton back splash off the top! He covers but only gets 2. Danielson is able to hit a back suplex to bide himself some time. Backbreaker now for 2. Snap DDT for another 2 and then Danielson starts to work over Super’s neck. He locks in an Indian Deathlock and bridges back and grabs the arms in a sort of chickenwing Muta Lock! He then stands up with the Deathlock still in place and grabs Dragon’s arms and turns it over into a pin but Dragon is able to roll the shoulder at 2. Danielson whips Dragon to the corner and charges in with a forearm. He then runs off the ropes but Dragon LEVELS him with a Lariat, turning him inside out! Dragon goes out on the apron and hits that springboard spinning heel kick to the back of the head, the UFO and gets a 2. He then locks Danielson’s legs up and grabs the arms in the surfboard, could it be, it’s the CURB STOMP! The fans cheer for Dragon as he soaks it up.

Dragon then moves Danielson over to the turnbuckle, oh no, Danielson’s head is right by the bottom turnbuckle, you don’t think he would…Dragon grapevines the legs again, grabs the arms and BAM! Curb Stomp on the turnbuckle! The fans groan collectively as Dragon pulls a limp Danielson to the middle of the ring and covers, 1…2…NO! Danielson stays alive! And he’s pissed! He’s got the serial killer face! He gets up and BLASTS Dragon with a huge forearm and then scoops Dragon on his shoulders and spins around with an airplane spin. He then hits a Finley Roll and goes up top and hits the diving headbutt! Cover, 1…2…no, Dragon kicks out. Danielson then locks in Cattle Mutilation! The fans chant “Tap! Tap!” but Dragon fights it and slowly inches towards the ropes, finally getting a foot on the bottom rope. Danielson pulls Dragon up and goes for a Dragon suplex, Super blocks it so Danielson pounds on the back of his neck, tries again but Super low blows him with a back kick! Super then goes behind Danielson and hits a Dragon suplex of his own! One…two…thr..no! Danielson kicks out at 2 and ¾! Dragon drags Danielson to his feet and tries to lift him for the Psycho Driver but Danielson elbows Dragon’s head and then hits a Roaring Elbow! He grabs Super and hits his own Dragon suplex! One…two…Thre…NO! Super Dragon stays alive as well! Danielson tries to lock on Cattle Mutilation again but Dragon escapes and backs Danielson into the corner where the Violence Party commences! Chops, forearms, headbutts, Kawada kicks and finally an ax kick to the back of the head! Danielson is down on the mat but musters up the adrenaline and pulls himself up into the corner. Super Dragon sees this and comes charging in and tries to hit a rolling Koppo Kick but Danielson moves out of the way, DRILLS Super with a Roaring Elbow to the back of the head and then cradles Super’s leg before hitting a devastating Cradle Backdrop Driver DANGEROOUUUSSS!! He keeps the bridge as the ref counts, 1…2…3! The Battle of the Dragons is won by “American Dragon” Bryan Danielson!

WINNER---Bryan Danielson

The fans respectably chant “Dragon! Dragon!” to pay homage to BOTH Dragons and not just one as they shake hands in the middle of the ring, what a match that was!

But now we have our main event. Saint vs. Saint. The Second City Civil War. Punk vs. Cabana 2 out of 3 Falls!

CM Punk (4-1) vs. Colt Cabana (1-4)---No Time Limit 2 out of 3 Falls Match

First Fall

The 2 best friends come face to face in a staredown and they shake hands, this should be awesome! Dueling chants start up as half the fans yell “Let’s Go Punk!” and the other half immediately answer with “Let’s Go Cabana!” A few minutes go by before both men start taking some risks, Punk gets the upper hand initially with some arm work. Colt comes back with a Butt Butt though and that throws Punk off his game plan, enabling Colt to take control. Colt hits a double knees to the side of the head and a swinging neckbreaker. He then puts a foot on either side of a laying Punk’s head and twists, jarring the neck. A few more minutes of neck work go by until Punk is able to wrench Colt’s shoulder with a nasty armbreaker using both of his legs. Punk isn’t above exploiting his friend’s old injuries to win a match! Punk holds onto Colt’s shoulder and walks the ropes ala Jinsei Shinzaki and drops a leg on the shoulder to a nice applause. Eddie Guerrero-like Hilo onto the arm gets 2. Some more back and forth action ensues until Cabana is on the apron and hits a knee to a the head of a charging Punk and then vaults over Punk into a SUNSET FLIP OF DOOM, One, two, three! Cabana gets the surprising first fall!

Colt Cabana wins first fall at 12:43.

Second Fall

Punk is absolutely shocked as he spends the entire 30 second rest period in disbelief while Cabana tries to yank out the kinks in his arm. The rest period ends and Punk automatically attacks, forgetting about Colt’s arms and breaking out the heavy artillery in hopes of evening the score up. Leg lariat by Punk followed by Welcome to Chic…er…HOME Colt Cabana! 2 count. Split-legged moonsault for 2 again. He goes to lock in a Boston Crab it looks like but Cabana inside cradles him, One, two, thr..no! Punk almost got surprised again! Punk immediately puts the boots to Colt for that one. Neckbreaker onto the knee and a flying legdrop for a close 2. Now Punk is getting antsy, he wants to tie this thing up quickly! He tries to whip Colt to the corner, Colt reverses so Punk leaps off the corner and twists, looking for that Blockbuster but Cabana catches him and plants him with the Kryptonite Krunch onto the knee! CLOSE 2 count for Cabana there! Cabana with a rib breaker and he goes up top for maybe a moonsault but Punk is up to crotch him! Punk then goes outside and up top with Colt, maybe going for a Pepsi Plunge! He hooks the arms for it but Cabana blocks it and backdrops Punk to the mat! Colt then stands up on the top and hits a beautiful moonsault! One…two…thr..no! Punk gets the left shoulder up! Cabana gets Punk up and butterflies the arms, lifts him looking for the Colt 45 but Punk hooks the top rope with his foot to pull himself down, holds onto one of Colt’s arms and hammerlocks it and then hits the Pepsi Twist! He gets Colt up right away and boosts him up on the top turnbuckle backwards and goes up top. This time he HITS the Pepsi Plunge! He turns Colt over, 1…2…3! Punk ties it at 1 fall apiece!

CM Punk wins second fall at 23:17.

Third Fall

Punk uses the 30 seconds to rest as Colt can’t even stand up by the time the rest period elapses and Punk goes for another pin right away, 1…2…no, Cabana kicks out. Punk puts the boots to Cabana, lifts him up and hits a quick DDT, cover, 1-2-no. He then starts to work over the arm again and hits a Divorce Court. He puts on a Crossface Chickenwing but Cabana backs him into the corner. Punk charges but Colt hits a quick boot to the gut and just like that, he butterflies the arms, lifts Punk onto his shoulder and WHAM! Colt 45! But Colt is too tired to capitalize and try for a pinfall! The ref administers the double count and both guys get up at 7. They trade blows back and forth until Punk hits a quick dropkick to the knee. He goes for a Shining Wizard, Colt blocks though and lifts Punk into a bearhug and then into a DDT! He goes up top and hits a mega hang-time Frog Splash! He stays on Punk for the cover, One…two…thre..no!! Punk barely kicks out! Cabana gets Punk up and lifts him onto his shoulders in an Electric Chair. He plays to the crowd, asking for their approval but in wasting that time, he enables Punk to get himself together and Punk backflips over, spiking Colt with a reverse rana! The fans give them a great applause on that as both men are down again. Punk hits the Devil’s Lock DDT! He turns Colt over, 1…2…NO! Cabana kicks out. Punk gets Colt up, chopping him into the corner. He beats Colt down into a sitting position and then plays to the crowd a bit before hitting the dreaded boot scrapes! He then runs across the ring and takes Colt’s face off with a big one! He asks the crowd if they want one more and they say “Yeah!” So Punk obliges and goes for another one but Cabana pulls himself up and hits a huge Lariat to Punk on the way back! Both men are down again!

The ref counts and it takes both men until a 9 count to stagger up to their feet, the fans helping them up every step of the way. Cabana with a kick, tries another Colt 45, Punk twists out and gets the Anaconda Vice on! Cabana looks like he is fading and sinks to a knee. Punk really cinches it but Cabana is able to lift Punk while he has the hold on and powerbomb him down! Punk rolls outside now and Cabana gets up, woozy. Colt sees Punk on the floor and goes out onto the apron, no way don’t do it Colt! Cabana turns his back to Punk as Punk gets to his feet, jumps up and hits a breath-taking Asai moonsault to the outside on Punk! The fans go crazy and the dueling chants return. Cabana drags Punk up and tosses him into the ring. He climbs in and covers, 1…2…nope, Punk’s foot is on the rope. Colt gets Punk up, whip to the corner and tries the double knees to the chest but Punk moves and Colt’s knees hit turnbuckle! Colt falls to his knees as Punk bounces off the ropes and BAM! Hits the Shining Wizard on Cabana! He stays on top of Cabana for the count, One…two…three…NO!! TWO!! Cabana got the shoulder off the mat! Punk is going nuts now, yelling at the ref that it was a 3. He pulls on his hair wondering how his best friend is still ticking! He then seems to get an idea and yanks Cabana up by his EARS. Punk then butterflies the arms, what will he go for, Welcome to Chicago? No, he lifts Colt onto his shoulder, he’s going to use Colt’s own move against him! But Cabana kicks his feet and wriggles out, Punk goes for a big boot, Cabana ducks and goes for a clothesline but Punk ducks that, dropkick to Colt’s knee and he tries another Shining Wizard but Cabana ducks it, waits for Punk to turn around, boot to the gut, he quickly hooks the arms, yells out “I LOVE YOU PUNK!”, lifts Punk up and sits down with ANOTHER COLT 45!! He barely has enough strength left to turn Punk over and drape an arm over as the ref counts, ONE……TWO……THREE!! Colt Cabana has done it, he has beaten his best friend in a war!

WINNER OF THIRD FALL AND MATCH AT 44:49---Colt Cabana

The two men lay exhausted on the mat as the fans applaud and chant “Second City Saints! Second City Saints!” Colt finally stirs and gets to his knees and goes over to Punk, rubbing Punk’s back, which HAS to be sore after THAT match. Punk also comes to and gets on his knees. He looks into Cabana’s eyes and says something inaudible to our ears and the two embrace each other as the show ends.

END OF SHOW

MATCH OF THE NIGHT WAS SPANKY VS. LONDON

Highlights of the Night

-Roderick Strong sidestepping Chris Hero’s Hero Sidekick and hitting a Leg Clutch Backbreaker

-Strong hitting the fireman’s carry into a gutbuster, followed by a big boot for a near fall on Hero

-Chris Sabin kicking out of Michael Shane’s Picture Perfect Elbow

-Chris Sabin backdropping Sonjay Dutt into a 450 PLANCHA to the floor on Michael Shane & Frankie Kazarian

-Sonjay kicking out Kazarian’s Wave of the Future

-Sonjay hitting a Dragonrana on Kazarian for the pin

-Christopher Daniels reversing Petey Williams’ Siakolypse into Last Rites to get the win

-Low Ki utilizing the Bite of the Dragon armbar to make Alex Shelley submit

-Paul London’s London Star Press to the floor on a STANDING Spanky

-London’s combo of 2 Northern Lights suplexes and a Legsweep DDT to get a near-fall on Spanky

-Spanky avoiding a London Dropsault and hitting Sliced Bread #2, only for London to kick out

-London’s Waffle Face off the top on Spanky

-Spanky evading a London Star Press and pinning London with a well-executed Oklahoma Roll

-Super Dragon taking Bryan Danielson’s head off with a Lariat

-Super Dragon hitting not one, but TWO Curb Stomps on Danielson, the second one onto the bottom turnbuckle!

-Super Dragon and Danielson each kicking out of each other’s Dragon suplexes

-Super Dragon beating the tar out of Danielson with the Violence Party, only for Danielson to evade a Koppo Kick and hit a Roaring Elbow to the back of the head and a DANGEROOUUSSS Cradle Backdrop Driver for the 3 count

-Colt Cabana surprising CM Punk with the Sunset Flip O’ Doom to attain the first fall

-Cabana catching Punk in an attempted Blockbuster and hitting his Kryptonite Krunch onto the knee

-Cabana blocking Punk’s first attempt at the Pepsi Plunge by backdropping him to the mat and hitting a moonsault for a close 2 count

-Punk hitting the Pepsi Plunge on Cabana on his second attempt to win the second fall

-Punk reversing an attempted Cabana Electric Chair drop with a brutal reverse rana

-Punk hitting his trademark boot scrapes only for Cabana to take his head off with a Lariat when he got too greedy

-Cabana’s Asai Moonsault to the floor on Punk

-Cabana kicking out Punk’s Shining Wizard

-The ending sequence culminating with Cabana hitting his second Colt 45 on Punk to score the third fall and the victory

------------------------------------

Well add 4 new names to the list of people who are 1/3 of the way to getting a tape as we had a 4 way tie for this show. Of course VDP2006 has already won a tape but you know ;) Anyways congrats to VDP as well as Assassin, Azrael and MuthafawkkinMatt on victories. Here are the full results:

Assassin 6-3

Azrael 6-3

MuthafawkkinMatt 6-3

VDP2006 6-3

Colt 46 5-4

erstyle 4-5

Hellfire065 4-5

RavenBlack 4-5

paulbd 4-5

Marth 4-5

oldskool 3-6

larziej 3-6

Edited by darrdor

Amazing Red re-injures knee, out of Rise of the Independents, possibly retiring?

Reported on Dec. 13, 2004 at 4:33 PM.

We have the unfortunate task of informing everyone that the Amazing Red has re-injured his knee at a Pro Wrestling Unplugged show for the Backseat Boys.  Red was wrestling Juventud Guerrera and landed wrong on an Infrared, lacking a half-rotation and tearing the knee.  The full extent of the injury is not known at this time besides the fact that it is serious and that Red will not be able to compete in Rise of the Independents or anywhere else for a long while, perhaps ever.  Get well wishes can be passed along to welovered@spanishannounceteam.org

Wehay! Kick ass show Dardorr, was really fun to read, which is always the point i guess. But if we're getting to the finales does that mean we're approaching the end of this excellent diary? Say it ain't so yet

Predictions

-John Walters vs. Jimmy Jacobs - Winner:

-Jerry Lynn vs. Danny Daniels - Winner: Jerry Lynn

-Trent Acid vs. B-Boy - Winner:

-AJ Styles vs. Homicide - Winner: AJ Styles

-Dan Maff vs. Jay Briscoe - Winner: Dan Maff

-Austin Aries vs. Mark Briscoe - Winner: Mark Briscoe

-Teddy Hart vs. BJ Whitmer - Winner: BJ Whitmer

-Samoa Joe vs. ??? (replacing Amazing Red) - Red's Replacement

Red's Replacement will be - James "BAH GAWD" Noble

MOTN will be - Austin Aries vs Mark Briscoe

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

Great show man, I finally didn't finish last! I actually got the (tied) victory

Jimmy Jacobs

-Jerry Lynn

-B-Boy

-AJ Styles

Jay Briscoe

-Austin Aries

-Teddy Hart

-Samoa Joe

replace - Sonnny Siaki

Match of the Night - Austin Aries vs. Mark Briscoe

-John Walters vs. Jimmy Jacobs

-Jerry Lynn vs. Danny Daniels

-Trent Acid vs. B-Boy

-AJ Styles vs. Homicide

-Dan Maff vs. Jay Briscoe

-Austin Aries vs. Mark Briscoe

-Teddy Hart vs. BJ Whitmer

-Samoa Joe vs. ??? (replacing Amazing Red)

Replacement: JAMIE NOBLE, BOY~!

MOTN: Walters/Jacobs

-Trent Acid vs. B-Boy

-AJ Styles vs. Homicide

MOTN: AJ/Homicide

Replacing Red: Jimmy Yang

Edited by mets4ever11

That's right, I'm back to my winning ways. Watch out boys and girls, because I'm winnin' me another tape!

Speaking of my tape...I still haven't gotten it...:shifty:

Anyways, here are my predictions:

-John Walters vs. Jimmy Jacobs- Walters is okay, but Jimmy, is, well, Jimmy. HUSS HUSS HUSS, Jimmy wins.

-Jerry Lynn vs. Danny Daniels- Lynn is only slightly less boring than Double D, so I'll say Lynn.

-Trent Acid vs. B-Boy- Too wrestlers I used to mark out for like a little school girl, that I now despise. I say B-Boy wins it.

-AJ Styles vs. Homicide- This match was good in ROH, and I expect the same here. Styles goes over.

-Dan Maff vs. Jay Briscoe-Jay should win this, because he's just overall better than Maff.

-Austin Aries vs. Mark Briscoe- Austin, because he's Mark's new Personal Jesus.

-Teddy Hart vs. BJ Whitmer- BJ will break Teddy's neck, thankfully.

-Samoa Joe vs. Arik Cannon(replacing Amazing Red)- Joe wins, but Cannon shows everyone why they love him so much.

MOTN honors to Aries-Mark.

Wow I won. I am quite suprised actually. Anyways here are my predictions...

-Trent Acid vs. B-Boy

-AJ Styles vs. Homicide

Match of the Night: AJ Styles vs. Homicide

Replacing Amazing Red: Jack Evans

-Trent Acid vs. B-Boy

-AJ Styles vs. Homicide

-Samoa Joe vs. Kevin Steen (replacing Amazing Red)

MOTN = Styles-Homicide

Red / Kevin Steen

-Trent Acid vs. B-Boy

-AJ Styles vs. Homicide

MOTN- -Austin Aries vs. Mark Briscoe

Replacement- Jack Evans

Oh well. At least I managed to hit the MOTN, that's one of the ones I usually miss.

John Walters vs. Jimmy Jacobs

Jerry Lynn vs. Danny Daniels

Trent Acid vs. B-Boy

AJ Styles vs. Homicide

Dan Maff vs. Jay Briscoe

Austin Aries vs. Mark Briscoe

Teddy Hart vs. BJ Whitmer

Samoa Joe vs. ??? (replacing Amazing Red)

MOTN: Styles/Homicide

Red's replacement: Jack Evans

-Trent Acid vs. B-Boy

-AJ Styles vs. Homicide

- Austin Aries vs. Mark Briscoe

- Teddy Hart vs. BJ Whitmer

- Samoa Joe vs. Knoble

MOTN - Joe/Knoble