Rise of the Independents

darrdor

AJ Styles (3-0) vs. John Walters (2-1)

B-Boy (1-2) vs. Matt Stryker (0-3)

Trent Acid (1-2) vs. Xavier (0-3)

Jerry Lynn (2-1) vs. Homicide (3-0)

Mark Briscoe (2-1) vs. Amazing Red (0-3)

Jay Briscoe (2-1) vs. BJ Whitmer (2-1)

Jack Evans (subbing for Teddy Hart) (0-3) vs. ??? (replacing Donovan Morgan) (2-1)

Samoa Joe (2-1) vs. Dan Maff (2-1)

MOTN: Jerry Lynn vs Homicide

Yo man sweet diary. Keep it up hopefully I can win a few prediction contests.

Edited by OrtonRKO

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bionic Elbow

-AJ Styles (3-0)

-B-boy (1-2) )

-Trent Acid (1-2)

Homicide (3-0)

Amazing Red (0-3)

- BJ Whitmer (2-1)

??? (replacing Donovan Morgan) (2-1)

-Dan Maff (2-1)

MOTN: Styles/Walters

AJ Styles (3-0) vs. John Walters (2-1)

Trent Acid (1-2) vs. Xavier (0-3)

Jack Evans (subbing for Teddy Hart) (0-3) vs. ??? (replacing Donovan Morgan) (2-1)

Samoa Joe (2-1) vs. Dan Maff (2-1)

Rise of the Independents, November 6th, 2004: Battlefield

We open the show right off with ROH Pure Champion John Walters coming to the ring. He is followed by his opponent in this upcoming match, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles. This should be an intense, hard-hitting match-up!

John Walters (2-1) vs. AJ Styles (3-0)

Walters tries to keep AJ grounded but AJ is able to match Walters’ in the ground work department and they are at a stand-still. AJ takes control after leapfrogging Walters and hitting that patented dropkick. He hits the Tiger Wall flip off Walters in the corner and goes for a monkey flip but Walters blocks it and hits a belly to belly suplex. He works over AJ’s back with a backbreaker and back suplex, perhaps softening up for a Sharpshooter. Walters tries the Hurricane DDT but AJ escapes it, catches Walters’ arm and hits a backbreaker, into a gutbuster and finally into an STO/backbreaker combination. Tremendous string of moves by AJ! That gets a 2 and a half count. He goes for that moonsault into an inverted DDT but Walters blocks and hits his piggyback stunner! He locks in the Sharpshooter! AJ struggles and finally gets to the ropes after about 20 seconds but his back is damaged! Walters continues to work over the back by pushing AJ into the ropes and then hitting forearms to the back as he rebounds. He goes for this a third time but AJ elbows Walters in the face and follows with that beautiful Pele kick of his! Both men are slow to get up and trade shots, AJ gets the advantage and goes for a brainbuster, Walters escapes and tries the same thing but AJ goes up and over, tries a spin kick but Walters sidesteps and hits the Lung Blower, the double knees right in the back of AJ! He covers, one…two…thr..no! AJ barely kicks out! Walters again goes for the Sharpshooter but AJ holds onto the ropes. Walters then tries a Concrete Crash but AJ pounds down on Walters’ back and attempts a Styles Clash but his injured back won’t allow him to pick Walters up! He favors his back and turns into a big Walters lariat. Walters gets him up and goes for the Hurricane DDT but AJ escapes and takes Walters’ head off with a big discus lariat! He covers, 1, 2, 3 and that’s enough to get the win!

WINNER---AJ Styles

*** ¼

The two shake hands after the match as perhaps Walters gave AJ more of a fight than he expected! Nonetheless AJ climbs to 4-0!

On to the next match here as Xavier battles Trent Acid. Normally this would be a contest of “Who can out-cheat the other?” However, recently Xavier has been using his actual skills as opposed to taking shortcuts to win matches. We’ll see what kind of strategy he chooses to employ against the man from South Philly, Japan here tonight.

Xavier (0-3) vs. Trent Acid (1-2)

Xavier starts out wrestling circles around Acid and Acid goes to the outside, frustrated. He threatens to leave but the fans start chanting “Pussy” at him so he reconsiders. He comes in and goes for several cheap shots but again Xavier is one step ahead of him. Acid gets mad and kicks the ropes and charges at Xavier for a Yakuza kick but Xavier catches the leg and tosses Acid over with a suplex out of that position! He gets Acid in the corner and hits his high knee strikes and then sits Acid in the corner to hit the big slingshot knee. He hits his inverted Samoan drop for a 2 and then a nice military press into a fallaway slam for another 2. He goes up top but gets crotched by Acid. Acid goes for the Acid Bomb out of the corner but Xavier turns it into an inverted DDT and Acid rolls outside. Xavier goes up top and hits a 450 to the floor on a STANDING Acid! They go back inside and Xavier goes for Kiss Your X Goodbye but Acid escapes and hits a superkick. He whips Xavier to the corner and hits the running double knees. Xavier staggers out and Acid with a kick to the gut, one to the chest and then a Roaring elbow! He then finishes it off with a Tumbleweed off the second turnbuckle and gets 2 and ¾! Acid goes up top but misses the Bad Trip twisting splash. Xavier goes for the X Breaker but Acid rolls through and hits a Blue Thunder Driver for a 2 and ¾ again. Xavier is able to come back with Kiss Your X Goodbye out of nowhere though and both men are down. The fans rally them up at around the 7 count and they trade shots, Acid gets control, goes for a Yakuza kick but Xavier ducks and hits his own Yakuza kick! Cover, one…two…NO! Acid barely gets a shoulder up! Xavier goes for the X Breaker, Acid knows it’s coming and blocks, tries a Roaring elbow but Xavier blocks that and hits the X Breaker! It’s over! One, two, NO! Acid’s foot is draped over the bottom rope, what a heartbreaker! Xavier pulls Acid out of the corner and goes up top, you know what’s next. He jumps for the 450 and Acid moves but Xavier lands on his feet and rolls onto his feet, they charge each other, Xavier with a sunset flip, 1-2, Acid rolls out and then somersaults over Xavier, 1-2, Xavier bridges up and into a backslide, 1-2, Acid escapes and does an Oklahoma roll, 1-2, Xavier out now with a Magistral cradle, 1-2 but again Acid gets out! The fans applaud as they both get up and Xavier goes for a knee to the midsection but Acid floats over into a schoolboy and PUTS HIS FEET ON THE ROPES, 1-2-3! No, Xavier has the match stolen from him! The cheers of the crowd from the earlier exchange quickly turn to boos as Acid had to resort to cheating to beat Xavier!

WINNER---Trent Acid

We see Red warming up backstage as his opponent Mark Briscoe approaches him. They slap hands.

Mark: “Hey man I just wanted to make sure there’s no hard feelings going into this match. I know you kinda blame me and Jay for bustin up your knee but I hope you understand we had to do what it took to win those tag titles, haha, and you and AJ STILL beat us.”

Red: “Nah don’t worry bout it man, it’s all good now.”

Red proves his point by stretching out his knee in different directions.

Mark: “Ok, well I’ll see ya out there then.”

Red: “Aight, let’s have a good match tonight.”

Mark leaves and Red watches him go but the camera stays on Red and he sits down and looks at his knee, gingerly prodding it, is that a look of worry on his face?

Meanwhile Mark’s brother Jay Briscoe makes his way to the ring, followed by his opponent BJ Whitmer, accompanied to the ring by Allison Danger. This should be a very hard-hitting match!

This one is STIFF with a capital S.T.I.F.F. Whitmer has his nose busted open early on. (How many times has this guy’s nose BEEN busted?) Whitmer whips Jay to the corner and charges in with a knee and hits a suplex, holds on and hits a Northern Lights suplex for 2 in that trademark combo of his. Jay comes back with a Mafia kick but Whitmer is able to elevate Jay to the floor with a back body drop. BJ now charges and hits a tope on Jay on the floor. Back in, Jay elbows out of a Dragon suplex attempt and hits a high angle Falcon Arrow. He goes up top and goes for a Cannonball Senton but BJ gets the knees up! Ouch! Whitmer goes to work on the back with brutal forearms. He locks his legs in and lifts Jay in the air with a Mexican Surfboard and then locks in a Dragon sleeper from that position! So much torque on Jay’s back, he might give it up! But he doesn’t and BJ lets go. He snapmares Jay over and hits some brutal kicks to the spine and then goes for a running kick but Jay ducks under it and rolls onto his feet and catches BJ with a dropkick on the way back. He snapmares BJ over now and hits a couple kicks to the back of his own and then a brutal running Mafia kick to a seated Whitmer! Jay gets him up and tries the J-Driller but BJ blocks and goes behind Jay, tries a Dragon suplex, Jay keeps blocking so BJ hits some hard forearms to the back of the neck but Jay still holds on for dear life. So BJ winds up and hits a SICK sounding roaring forearm to the back of Jay’s neck and then finally hits a Dragon suplex but HOLDS ON and brings him up. He then puts one of Jay’s arms between his legs and keeps a half nelson on and KILLS Jay with a DRAGON EXPLODER DANGERROOOUUUUUSSSS!! A new move by Whitmer and it is absolutely devastating! He turns Jay over and the ref counts the 3, big win for BJ Whitmer!

WINNER---BJ Whitmer

*** ¼

Whitmer may have just upped his stock in this tournament because if he can hit that move on all of his opponents, he will be unstoppable!

Up next we have the hard striker B-Boy against the technical wizard Matt Stryker.

Stryker has definitely done his homework as he keeps the striker B-Boy very much grounded in this match, working on the arm of B-Boy. He utilizes many versions of the cross armbreaker but B-Boy gets loose and hits a big step-up enziguri. He hits that Siakolypse-style snap neckbreaker for a 2. A big palm strike knocks Styrker into the corner but he bails out of the ring as B-Boy comes charging in for the Facelift dropkick. The fans boo and start chanting “Fuck You Stryker.” He ignores them and eases back into the ring, luring B-Boy in and then pulling him by the trunks into the corner, shoulder-first. He hits a Divorce Court and hits a sort of Dragon screw whip, but on the arm, driving it into the canvas. He then locks on what looks like a Stryker Lock but on the arm! What innovation by Stryker! B-Boy writhes in pain but gets a foot on the rope to break it up, but the damage is done. His left arm has to be hurting. Stryker stays on B-Boy and stomps on the shoulder. He then tries to lock in a Fujiwara armbar but B-Boy rolls out, ducks a clothesline and hits some hard forearms with his good right arm. He dropkicks Stryker’s knee to take his legs out and goes for a Shining Wizard but Stryker evades it and hits a Yakuza kick to the arm! B-Boy is down again in pain. Stryker deviates from his game a bit and goes for his Death Valley Driver but B-Boy escapes and hits a sitout inverted DDT to bide him some time. The ref counts to 6 and both men get up and B-Boy ducks a swing and hits a one-armed Death Valley Driver, Stryker’s own move used against him! The cover gets 2 and a half! B-Boy calls for the end now and goes for the Cross Special Brainbuster but his arm won’t let him execute the move and Stryker hits a leg lariat. A whip to the ropes and a powerslam by Stryker but now he gets cocky and plays to the fans. He should be going to that arm! But instead Stryker goes for a Lionsault and misses! B-Boy stands up and backs up as Stryker gets to his knees, BAM! Shining Wizard! B-Boy covers, one, two, three! B-Boy may have a weakness against strong mat grapplers but if you deviate from that game he makes you pay and Stryker just found that out, B-Boy evens his record at 2-2!

WINNER---B-Boy

*** ¼

Backstage are Allison Danger and Dan Maff.

Danger: “Tonight, Dan Maff shows Samoa Joe who the best “big man” in this tournament really is. Samoa Joe, last time you faced Dan Maff in the ring, his mind was elsewhere and he was NOT mentally 100%! The day before he challenged you for the Ring of Honor title, his father passed away Joe, his FATHER! And he still almost took that title from you. Tonight it’s gonna be different, I can feel it, I-”

Maff: “YOU CAN FEEL IT? I CAN FEEL IT DANGER! SAMOA JOE, TONIGHT I GUARANTEE I WILL BEAT YOU WITHIN AN INCH OF YOUR LIFE OR I’LL DAMN SURE DIE TRYING! I pinned you in a 6 man tag match…but that ain’t good enough. Samoa Joe, I swear to you, I swear to God, I SWEAR ON MY FATHER’S GRAVE, I will do everything in my power, even if I have to hoist you up on my shoulders and break your neck with the Burning Hammer, I WILL PIN YOUR SHOULDERS TO THE MAT AND PROVE THAT I AM THE FUCKING MAN! SAMOA JOE, YOU ARE THE NEXT TARGET OF THE BURNING HAMMER, and you are the next target of the Hired Assassin, Dan Maff.”

Danger and Maff stare into the camera as we go back to the ring.

Next we have 2 friends battling it out here as Mark Briscoe takes on the Amazing Red. These two made their names in CZW initially and are also noted for their amazing series of tag matches in Ring of Honor, Mark teaming with his brother Jay and Red’s partner being AJ Styles. This one will be fast-paced!

Briscoe controls this from the outset, using power moves to subdue Red’s high-flying abilities. Red realizes he has to change his strategy up and kicks away at Mark’s legs and then as Mark lets his guard against high-flying moves down, Red strikes with a flurry of quick ranas, armdrags, etc. and Mark bails to the outside. Red comes charging but sees Mark get out of the way so he swings his legs out 6-1-9 style and back into the ring. Mark is around the side of the ring and points to his head, saying “look at me I’m so smart” but he gets bowled over by a somersault plancha from Red! Back in and Red hits a nice DDT that spikes Mark and then a springboard elbowdrop, big air time on that one. 2 count. Red goes up top again but Mark meets him up there. They fight up top and Red tries to dump Mark to the outside, Mark lands on the apron though and springboards and brings Red into the ring with an Ace Crusher, big move by Mark! He waits to make the cover and Red is able to get his shoulder up. He whips Red to the ropes and hits a leg lariat. He tries for his Cut-Throat Driver but Red escapes and hits a spinning front kick. He goes up top and goes for the Infrared but Mark moves out of the way! Mark goes out and springboards in for a dropkick but misses. He retreats to the corner to get up and Red comes charging in and steps up Mark with a couple dropkicks Liu Kang-style! He then scoops Mark up on his shoulders and hits an F-5!! Red just F-5’ed Mark Briscoe! Red now stands and hits the Red Star Press! One…two…thr…no!! Mark Briscoe barely kicks out. Red senses the end is near and tries for Code Red but Mark blocks it so Red gets off Mark’s back, Mark runs off the ropes, Red ducks down as Mark leaps over him, Red now with a leapfrog but he twists his knee on the way down! Red is down and in a ton of pain as the ref checks on him. He holds Mark Briscoe back but eventually Mark makes his way to Red’s side, it looks like we have a serious injury here. After a minute or two, Mark and the ref help Red up and are going to carry him out of the ring but Red elbows Mark in the gut and then leaps on his back and brings him over with the Code Red! The ref counts, 1…2…3! Red just pulled the wool over everybody’s eyes and stole a huge win in the process!

WINNER---Amazing Red

*** ¼

Red gets up with a smile on his face while Mark just looks stunned. Mark gets up and looks quite angry with Red but Red offers a handshake and Mark finally accepts.

Moving right on, here comes Teddy Hart’s best friend and temporary substitution in the tournament, “The Man Who Defies Gravity” Jack Evans. He hops into the ring and does his breakdancing schtick for the fans. We will find out momentarily who his opponent and Donovan Morgan’s replacement is but first Evans has the mic:

Evans: “Haha Rise of the Independents, whassup? (mixed reaction) “The man who defies gravity is in the house and whoever is replacing Donovan Morgan as my opponent best watch out ‘fore they encounter death from above. That’s right, I ain’t scared, whoever this guy is better bring his stuff cuz I’ma annihilate him, so bring him out here!”

Evans and everyone else wait about 10 seconds until “Born of a Broken Man” by Rage Against the Machine hits and Evans’ eyes go as wide as saucers as he realizes his opponent is his fellow Generation Next member, the “Wrestling Machine” Austin Aries!! The fans give Aries a VERY warm welcome as Aries gets in the ring. The fans chant “Aries! Aries!” Evans timidly comes face to face with Aries and the 2 shake hands and hug each other to begin what should be a very interesting and exciting match!

Jack Evans (0-3) vs. Austin Aries (2-1)

Evans actually starts out by befuddling Aries with his unorthodox style, hitting a spinning dropkick and a spinning front kick ala Amazing Red to knock Aries to the floor and it doesn’t take Evans long to start flying as he hits an amazing springboard 720 moonsault to the floor on Aries!! The fans chant “Holy Shit” as Evans throws Aries back in and follows. He scoops Aries up and slams him down and hits a standing 360 Shooting Star Press and then a standing Infrared for a 2 count on Aries. He whips Aries to the corner and runs it but gets a boot to the face for his trouble. Aries then grabs Evans in a Uranage position and brings Evans gut-first down onto his knee and then hits an STO and then quickly stands and hits that swinging power drive elbowdrop of his and gets 2. Aries then lifts him and goes for a brainbuster but Evans goes up and over and hits a Michinoku Driver on Aries. He then hits a top rope Lionsault for a 2 and ¾. He calls for the end and goes for a Corkscrew 630 Splash (!) but misses! Aries then hits a vicious sidewalk slam that ends in more of a head drop, completely folding Evans in half! Aries then hits an equally vicious brainbuster and then heads up top and hits his 450 Splash and gets the 3 count on Evans for an impressive debut win!

WINNER---Austin Aries

Aries looks over his fallen teammate and then just leaves the ring! It’s obvious that Aries isn’t messing around, he’s in this tournament to win it all!

Our semi-main event is next as the veteran Jerry Lynn takes on the “Notorious 187” Homicide!

These two start off with a nice chain wrestling sequence that ends with Homicide dropkicking Lynn out to the floor. He runs for his Tope Con Hilo but Jerry meets him with a forearm as Homicide sticks his head between the ropes! Jerry gets up and jumps up, legdropping the back of Homicide’s head and Homicide falls to the arena floor. Lynn gets back in and then hits a pescado on Homicide. Back in, Jerry is in control and goes for a Tornado DDT but it’s too early as Homicide pushes him off, blocks a lariat and hits a Koji Cutter. He snapmares Lynn over and hits some stiff kicks to the back and then a brainbuster on Lynn for a 2. He locks in an early STF but Lynn gets to the ropes. Homicide with a whip to the corner and a running forearm and as Lynn slumps down, Homicide runs off the ropes and hits that big knee strike! He boosts Lynn up top and brings him off with a Frankensteiner for a 2 and a half. He goes for a Cop Killa but Lynn escapes, German suplex with a bridge for a 2. He whips Homicide to the corner and comes in with a clothesline and then a bulldog. Inverted DDT gets a 2. Lynn goes for a TKO, ‘Cide escapes, kick to the gut, tries a piledriver, Lynn lifts him up and plants him with a Kryptonite Krunch for a 2 and ¾! Almost had him there. Lynn goes for the Cradle Piledriver, Homicide backdrops him but Lynn tries a sunset flip, Homicide rolls backwards and onto his feet and goes for a Shining Wizard but Lynn catches him out of the attempt and hits a sitout powerbomb! One, two, thr..no! Lynn almost ended Homicide’s unbeaten streak there! Lynn goes for the kill with a Tombstone but Homicide escapes, tries for a Tenzan Tombstone Driver but Lynn also escapes and goes for a clothesline, Homicide catches Lynn’s arm and twists into position for a Cop Killa but Lynn backflips out, scoops Homicide up for a TKO again, Homicide again escapes, goes for one of those devastating Lariats but Lynn ducks, goes for his own clothesline but Homicide ducks that and gets some speed going and takes Lynn’s head off with a Lariat! He turns Lynn over, 1-2-3 and that’s it!

WINNER---Homicide

*** ½

Homicide helps his fellow veteran up and shakes his hand and raises his arm but Lynn pulls his arm down and raises Homicide’s as he was the victor in the match. Great show of respect from two of the sport’s finest.

It’s main event time as the ROH World champ and the recently crowned IWA Mid South 2004 Revolution Strong Style Tournament winner Samoa Joe takes on the “Hired Assassin” Dan Maff.

Samoa Joe (2-1) vs. Dan Maff (2-1) (w/Allison Danger)

This match starts out with a ridiculously stiff exchange of chops from these two monsters, Maff surprisingly gets the early advantage and bends Joe over and double chops him on the back and then a knife-edge chop to the back of the neck! That angers Joe and he responds by snapmaring Maff over himself and hitting the chop to the back, the kick to the chest and the kneedrop but Maff gets right up, ducks a Joe chop and hits a huge lariat, knocking Joe right off his feet! Maff then hits that Stiffest Elbow in the Business but Joe gets right back up too! He grabs Maff and hits several knees to the gut and chest and then the Thousand Hand Slap and finally an enziguri to take Maff down! What an exchange of strikes! Joe whips Maff and goes for a big boot but Maff ducks Joe and hits a few MORE brutal chops and whips Joe into the corner. Maff charges in with an avalanche in the corner and then in with a back splash. Joe slumps down to a sitting position and you know what’s coming, the Cannonball! Joe rolls outside and Maff comes sailing through the top and middle ropes with a tope suicida on Joe! The fans rally the two back up and they brawl around the ring area. Maff whips Joe HARD into the guardrail but Joe reverses when Maff tries it again. Joe sits Maff in a chair and chops him a few times for good measure. The fans start to sing and Joe hits the Ole Ole Kick! Back in the ring now and Joe hits a powerbomb and holds for a pin, Maff kicks out at 2 and Joe transitions right into that STF! Maff is too close to the ropes though and the hold is broken. Joe goes to whip Maff to the corner but it’s reversed and Maff tries another avalanche, WRONG MOVE, Joe plants him with an STO and Maff rolls outside now. Joe waits for him to get to his feet and then comes diving through the ropes with an elbow suicida, right out of Misawa’s playbook! He then sits Maff in another chair and hits his 2nd Ole Ole Kick of the match, just for shits and giggles. Back in he gets a 2, Maff isn’t ready to roll over and die just yet.

Joe snapmares Maff over and chops him in the back and hits a kick to the chest, going for this combo again. But as he runs to the ropes, Maff quickly gets up, Joe sees Maff up and goes for a lariat but Maff ducks and drops the big man right on his head with a backdrop driver, DANGEROOUUSSS!! He covers, this could be it, One, two, thr..no! Joe kicks out! Maff gets Joe up and goes for that deadly half nelson suplex of his but Joe blocks, goes behind Maff and hits a German suplex and HOLDS ON, going for that Chimera-plex combo, but Maff blocks the Dragon and hits a Dragon suplex of his own, Joe right on his head! Maff keeps something of a bridge and the ref counts, 1…2…but Joe’s body weight and the angle of his body causes him to fold over and his shoulders come off the mat. Tough break for Maff there! Maff gets up and does his taunt for the Burning Hammer, he’s calling for it, can he get the huge Samoan up for it? He lifts Joe up and hoists him on his shoulders, he might hit it, but no Joe slides off and locks in the Choke Sleeper! He wraps his legs around Maff and brings him down, I don’t think Maff has anywhere to go! He struggles but his movements get more feeble and then cease. The ref checks Maff’s arm and it drops once…it drops twice, last time and it…….STAYS UP! Maff is still in it as the fans rally him back to his feet, he gets to a vertical base now and backs Joe into the corner but Joe holds onto the hold! Maff rams him back again and this time Joe lets go. Maff staggers into the middle of the ring and Joe runs at him for a lariat but Maff hits a Samoan drop! A cover now, 1…2…NO! Joe is still alive, what a match this has been! They both get up and Maff tries for a half nelson suplex again but Joe armdrags him over, Maff rolls through onto his feet and charges at Joe but Joe lifts him up and drives him down with the Island Driver! He covers, 1…2…3! Samoa Joe gets the win in a hellaciously competitive match!

*** ½

Samoa Joe can barely stand and we see Maff get to his feet as the show cuts out.

END OF SHOW

MATCH OF THE NIGHT WAS TRENT ACID VS. XAVIER

Highlights of the Night

-Xavier’s 450 to the floor on a standing Trent Acid

-BJ Whitmer getting his knees up on Jay Briscoe’s attempted Cannonball Senton

-BJ Whitmer’s finishing trio of moves on Jay Briscoe, the roaring forearm to the back of the head, the Dragon suplex and then BJ’s devastating new move, the Dragon Exploder

-Amazing Red’s F-5 and Red Star Press for a near fall on Mark Briscoe

-Red playing possum and hitting a quick Code Red for the win on Mark

-Jack Evans’ amazing springboard 720 Moonsault on Austin Aries

-Evans’ missed Corkscrew 630 attempt on Aries

-Jerry Lynn reversing Homicide’s Shining Wizard into a sitout powerbomb

-The ending sequence of moves that culminated in Homicide pinning Lynn with a Lariat

-Samoa Joe’s ungodly exchange of chops with Dan Maff

-Maff’s tope suicida on Joe

-Joe’s Misawa-like elbow suicida on Maff

-Maff’s backdrop driver on Joe

-Maff’s Dragon suplex on Joe

-----------------------------------------------------

Here are the prediction contest results:

VDP2006 7-2

Bionic Elbow 7-2

Pepsi 6-3

Hellfire065 6-3

RavenBlack 6-3

J-Dubb 6-3

LygerMark 6-3

Joucho 6-3

paulbd 6-3

OrtonRKO 5-4

craig 4-5

erstyle 4-5

rsl 4-5

Standard 4-5

jfazoli000 3-6

Yes boys and girls, VDP2006 has attained his first tape, I will PM you shortly with my list and shit, congrats man. Bionic Elbow has won the first prediction contest of mine he was in, come on the rest of you, don't let these outsiders take your tapes :P Thank you everyone who predicted, this is my most successful diary ever (not really saying much but ya....;)) Lineup for the next show will be up in my sig momentarily.

Edited by darrdor

-Sonjay Dutt (0-3) vs. Michael Shane (0-2-1)

-Spanky (1-2) vs. Super Dragon (1-1-1)

-Frankie Kazarian (2-0-1) vs. Chris Sabin (1-2)

-Paul London (2-0-1) vs. Bryan Danielson (3-0)

-The Messiah (2-1) vs. Petey Williams (0-3)

-Alex Shelley (1-2) vs. Colt Cabana (1-2)

-Chris Hero (1-2) vs. Christopher Daniels (2-1)

-CM Punk (3-0) vs. Low Ki (2-1)

MOTN = CM Punk vs Low Ki

-Sonjay Dutt (0-3) vs. Michael Shane (0-2-1)- I love Sonjay, but I think Shane wins this one.

-Spanky (1-2) vs. Super Dragon (1-1-1)- Spanky is great and all, but Super Dragon is going to KILL him.

-Frankie Kazarian (2-0-1) vs. Chris Sabin (1-2)- Hail SABIN!

-Paul London (2-0-1) vs. Bryan Danielson (3-0)- If this match doesn't go over half an hour, you're going to have one very pissed off ROH fan on your hands... I think Danielson evens up his record against Paul.

-The Messiah (2-1) vs. Petey Williams (0-3)- Poor poor "One Move Wonder" Petey Williams, he's gonna lose again.

-Alex Shelley (1-2) vs. Colt Cabana (1-2)- I truly hate you for making me pick between these two...I say Colt wins though, ROLLUP OF DOOM AHOY!

-Chris Hero (1-2) vs. Christopher Daniels (2-1)- Oh Daniels just HAS to win this match. Grandma is gonna die!

-CM Punk (3-0) vs. Low Ki (2-1)- I like Punk a tiny bit more, so I say him.

MOTN: Spanky-Dragon

Great diary man (and I'm not just saying that because I won a tape :shifty:)

Edited by VDP2006

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Next show will feature:

Match Of The Night: -Paul London (2-0-1) vs. Bryan Danielson (3-0)

I'm about tired of coming in second :(

MOTN: London/Danielson

MOTN = CM Punk vs Low Ki

MOTN: London-Danielson

Match Of The Night: CM Punk vs. Low Ki

MOTN: Chris Hero vs. Christopher Daniels

MOTN = Chris Hero vs Christopher Daniels

MOTN = Kazarian/Sabin