Rise of the Independents

darrdor

Damn damn damn damn damn damn. I KNEW I forgot something! *slams head against a wall*

Oh well.

Super Dragon (2-1-1) vs. Sonjay Dutt (0-4)

Chris Sabin (2-2) vs. Paul London (2-1-1)

Frankie Kazarian (2-1-1) vs. Bryan Danielson (4-0)

Spanky (1-3) vs. Michael Shane (1-2-1)

Colt Cabana (1-3) vs. Petey Williams (1-3)

Alex Shelley (2-2) vs. CM Punk (3-1)

Low Ki (3-1) vs. Chris Hero (2-2)

Christopher Daniels (2-2) vs. The Messiah (2-2)

MOTN: Too many good matches...hmm...Daniels/Messiah.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MOTN: It's either gonna be Kazarian/Danielson or Sabin/London, so I'll go ... KAZARIAN vs DANIELSON

-Super Dragon (2-1-1) vs. Sonjay Dutt (0-4)

-Chris Sabin (2-2) vs. Paul London (2-1-1)

-Frankie Kazarian (2-1-1) vs. Bryan Danielson (4-0)

-Spanky (1-3) vs. Michael Shane (1-2-1)

-Colt Cabana (1-3) vs. Petey Williams (1-3)

-Alex Shelley (2-2) vs. CM Punk (3-1)

-Low Ki (3-1) vs. Chris Hero (2-2)

-Christopher Daniels (2-2) vs. The Messiah (2-2)

MOTN: Low Ki vs. Chris Hero

Sorry everyone for taking a while to get the show up, I just started back to work the other day after recovering from my car accident and with Christmas approaching and friends finishing college semesters and what not but I'm sure the majority of you are also experiencing the same things so I'm sure it's cool. But yeah I just wanted to say thanks for the support so far, 11 pages is pretty cool in my opinion, even if a large part of it is prediction posts but still...I also appreciate you guys throwing in comments about what you liked about the shows, what you're looking forward to etc. it really helps get me more motivated to get shows up so again thanks. Anyways the show will hopefully be up in the next 3-4 days, thanks for the predictions and being patient and all that good stuff :P

Truly,

darrdor.

MOTN- Danielson vs. Kazarian

Next show will feature:

-Alex Shelley (2-2) vs. CM Punk (3-1)

-Christopher Daniels (2-2) vs. The Messiah (2-2)---LOSER LEAVES THE TOURNAMENT

Match of the Night Sabin vs London

I just want to say this is one of the best uses of CM punk in a diary and I have been searching for one for a while good job!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kris24fan

MOTN- Danielson vs. Kazarian

Guest mroniimusha

-Alex Shelley (2-2) vs. Punk (3-1)

-Christopher Daniels (2-2) vs. The Messiah (2-2)---LOSER LEAVES THE TOURNAMENT

Depends on if he's one of my favorites or not :shifty:

I find it amusing and flattering at the same time that the odd predictions are being thrown in 5 days at a time when I haven't updated in 3 weeks :wub:

Next show up possibly tonight if I get off...er...sit on, my lazy ass and type out the last 2 matches :P

VDP, to tell you the truth I forgot about your tape due to being extremely busy in the month of December, being the holidays and what not. I'm doing your tape as we speak and it should go out tomorrow or Wednesday.

Rise of the Independents November 27, 2004: Showdown

We start it out with what should be a fantastic match as Chris Sabin takes on Paul London!

This starts out super fast-paced with both men exchanging some lightning-quick armdrags and headscissors. Sabin blocks a Dropsault and hits a big step-up enziguri to gain the first advantage of the match. Sabin keeps control with the Over Easy for a 2 and then a springboard dropkick for another 2. He goes for a springboard swinging DDT but as he springs off the middle rope and turns, he gets met with a dropkick to the gut! London hits the Waffle Face and a slingshot legdrop for 2 and a half! He hits the Finley Roll and then a moonsault off the second turnbuckle for 2. London goes up top but Sabin meets him up there and climbs up with London, goes for a super Future Shock but London fights out and shoves Sabin down, goes for the London Star Press but Sabin moves! Sabin hits his Double Underhook piledriver that he calls Hail Sabin! He covers but London gets his foot on the rope at 2! Sabin can’t believe it and goes for the Cradle Shock but London escapes and hits the Legsweep DDT! Cover, one…two..thr..no! Sabin kicks out. London goes up top and waits for Sabin to stand up, flying crossbody but Sabin rolls through and lifts London up and hits the Sabinalizer swinging uranage backbreaker! Sabin is too tired to capitalize though and he takes a good amount of time recuperating. He gets London up and hits some overhand chops and goes to whip London, London reverses, Sabin off the ropes, London launches Sabin in the air and catches him on the way down with a sitout powerbomb! He pulls Sabin closer to a corner and goes up top, SSP time! But Sabin staggers to his feet and meets London up there. He hooks London and superplexes him down to the mat but as his feet go up, London hooks Sabin’s legs with his foot and holds Sabin down, 1…2…3! Paul London steals one from Sabin in a fantastic match!

WINNER---Paul London

**** ½

Sabin gets up shocked but he shakes London’s hand out of respect to a nice applause.

Up next we have the hilarious “Classic” Colt Cabana taking on the “Canadian Destroyer” Petey Williams.

Very even match to start out, Cabana gets the upper hand with a Butt Butt! Colt gets near-falls with a sidewalk slam and then with the double knees in the corner followed by a Tornado snap suplex~! Petey gets the upper hand with his tilt-a-whirl into a Russian legsweep. A dropkick to the back of the neck and a series of kneedrops gets 2 for Petey. Flying back elbow from the top gets another 2. Petey’s first attempt at the Canadian Destroyer gets him a back body drop and a powerslam for a 2 and a half. Cabana misses a quebrada so Petey tries the Destroyer again only for Cabana to stop him and hit that Kryptonite Krunch onto the knee for a CLOSE 2. Cabana then hits the SUNSET FLIP OF DOOOOM but Petey kicks out at 2 haha. Colt can’t believe it and tries for the Colt 45 but Petey escapes and hits the Siakolypse-like neckbreaker for 2 and ¾. A swinging DDT gets another 2 for Petey. He gets frustrated and goes for a Sharpshooter but is kicked off by Colt. Colt catches a charging Petey with a couple of clotheslines and then a big scoop slam. Colt goes up top and comes off with a huge frog splash but he misses! Petey gets up and pulls on that invisible rope and as Cabana staggers to his feet, Petey takes a running start and takes the big man over with the Canadian Destroyer! He turns Cabana over, 1…2…3! Big win for Petey Williams!

WINNER---Petey Williams

*** ¼

The two shake hands after the match.

We go backstage to Spanky.

Spanky: “I’m sure everybody expects me to goof off in this interview as usual. “Oh that Spanky, he’s such a joker!” Well tonight I’m all business. Because tonight I face Michael Shane. If I ever had an arch-rival, it would be Michael Shane. Shane, you have always tried to upstage me, no matter where we are in our careers. You always tried to suck up to Shawn Michaels and Rudy Boy in the training camps and get them to try and see that you were the better student, or so you thought anyways. And then what did you do anyways? You turned your back on Rudy Boy in Ring of Honor and started using Shawn’s fame to get yourself recognized. Now don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with that. But mister, there’s a BIG difference in using that fame to get noticed initially and totally relying on it like you’ve been doing. We had a match in Ring of Honor to find out who the real “Showstopper” is and I won it for a reason. And tonight I’ll win again.

Spanky puts large yellow sunglasses and a funny-looking hat on and exits the view of the camera.

This should be a fast-paced, high impact match-up! Sonjay starts out strong, befuddling Dragon with a series of dropkicks, ranas, headscissors, armdrags, etc. A spinning heel kick takes Dragon outside but as Sonjay goes for that Spaceman corkscrew plancha, Dragon jumps onto the apron and takes Sonjay’s feet out and Sonjay gets guillotined on the top rope! Dragon proceeds to beat the piss out of Sonjay for a few minutes after until Sonjay starts mounting a comeback and hits a big Déjà vu DDT. He hits that springboard elbowdrop of his for a 2. Frankensteiner off the top gets another 2. Sonjay up top now, gets crotched. Dragon climbs up but is shoved off by Dutt. Dutt now tries a Dragonrana but Dragon catches him and hits a sitout powerbomb into the turnbuckle! He then locks in an STF but Dutt reaches the ropes. Dragon hits the UFO springboard spin kick to the back of the head and then a back senton off the top for a CLOSE 2. He calls for the end and goes for the Psycho Driver but Dutt reverses it into a DDT! 1…2…no! Dragon kicks out! Dutt then picks Dragon up and hits the running Muscle Buster, the Indian Summer! He pulls Dragon close to the corner and goes up top, leaping off with the Hindu Press but Dragon gets his knees up and both men are down! Dragon gets the upper hand as both men get up and hits a big German suplex for 2. He goes for a Dragon suplex but Dutt elbows his way out, kick to the gut, off the ropes with the knee to the head, then the facebuster onto the knee, he goes to finish the Calcut Cut combo with the neckbreaker but he gets his head taken off with a Lariat! Dragon then hauls Dutt up and hits a brutal PSYCHO DRIVER for the 3!

WINNER---Super Dragon

**** ¼

Alex Shelley makes his way to the ring to his theme music “Six Barrel Shotgun” by the Black Rebel Motorcycle Gang. He gets in the ring and grabs a mic, but the fans won’t let him speak.

Shelley: “Why don’t you idiots shut the hell up and let Alex Shelley talk. (boos) “Tonight I have a chance to prove without a shadow of a doubt who is the better faction in wrestling today and it isn’t CM Punk’s Second City Saints. No, the best faction in wrestling is Generation Next. This war has gone on for a long time now, TOO long and CM Punk will find out what it’s like to be in the ring and on the losing end against the man with talent…on loan…from God.”

Strong words from Alex Shelley and the lights go out as the fans bang the sides of the guardrail along to CM Punk’s music “Miseria Cantare – The Beginning” by AFI. Punk finally makes his way to the ring and this should be a great match!

A very Punk/Hero-esque first few minutes starts the match out, a very deep feeling-out process. Shelley gets the initial upper hand, working over Punk’s arm in typical Alex Shelley fashion. He twists the arm around and drives it into the mat ala Molly Holly and then hits a nice shoulder stunner. He works the arm with various armbars until Punk hits a leg lariat. Punk also works over Shelley’s arm, hammerlocking the arm behind Shelley’s back and scoop slamming him down. He turns Shelley on his stomach and hammerlocks the arm and then goes outside and slingshots in with a Hilo on the arm for a 2. Shelley reverses a whip to the corner but Punk gets his boot up and grabs the arm. Punk then tightropes across the top rope and then lands a big legdrop across the arm! He locks in a Crossface Chickenwing but Alex gets to the ropes. Punk then goes for a Fujiwara armbar, Shelley rolls through, ducks an elbow and hits an enziguri to the arm and then lifts Punk in a fireman’s carry and hits a TKO but focusing on the shoulder! Juji-gatame now applied but Punk gets to the ropes. Shelley hammerlocks the arm and then hits a Michinoku Driver. He then goes up top, waits for Punk to stand and then leaps off with a double stomp on the shoulder! 2 count on that. Whip to the corner and double knees to the chest and shoulder by Shelley. He whips Punk to the other corner but Punk springs off and twists into a blockbuster and both men are down! They both get up, Punk with the advantage and hits Welcome to Chicago and then a Shining Wizard for a close 2! He locks in the Anaconda Vice! Shelley struggles and grabs the ropes after about 20 seconds. Punk with a whip, misses a big boot, Shelley with a drop toehold and then transitions lightning quick into the Border City Stretch! Punk has nowhere to go, he tries rolling Shelley into a pin but Shelley rolls through right back in to the Border City Stretch ala Benoit to HHH at Wrestlemania! Punk is able to get a foot on the rope though. Shelley gets Punk up, tries It Came From Japan, Punk twists out, goes for the Pepsi Twist, Shelley blocks that, goes for Shellshock but Punk blocks THAT and maneuvers Shelley into the Devil Lock DDT! Cover, 1…2…NO! Shelley barely kicks out! Punk immediately stands Shelley up and hits what looks like a Regal Cutter but onto his knee and then locks in the Anaconda Vice right away! Shelley looks around and realizes he has nowhere to go and TAPS! Punk wins!

WINNER---CM Punk

**** ¼

Punk makes his way to the back and Shelley gets up to a nice applause by the fans. But Shelley quickly turns that applause to boos as he flips the fans off!

Interesting match-up up next as Bryan Danielson looks to keep his undefeated streak going as he battles Frankie Kazarian!

Bryan Danielson (4-0) vs. Frankie Kazarian (2-1-1)

A slow start but it picks up when Frankie goes for a springboard back elbow but gets dropkicked in mid air right in the back by Danielson! Danielson with a back suplex for 2. He stretches Kazarian out with a few neat holds but as he tries to suplex Kazarian, Kazarian shifts his weight and lands on the apron and slingshots in with a DDT. He hits the Electric Chair suplex he calls Back to the Future for 2. He hits 2 Germans and then holds on and locks in the KazMission but Dragon breaks it up with a jawbreaker. Dragon with a snap DDT and goes for Cattle Mutilation but Kazarian frantically reaches the ropes. Danielson gets him up and hits 2 consecutive scoop slams. He tries a 3rd but Kazarian escapes and hits the Wave of the Future out of nowhere! He covers, 1…2…no! Danielson gets a foot on the bottom rope! That was almost a huge win for Kazarian! Kazarian boosts Dragon up top and goes for the One Man Revolution but Dragon hits him with a brutal series of headbutts and pushes Kazarian off. He follows that up with a diving headbutt and covers, 1-2-3! Danielson beats Kazarian to remain undefeated!

WINNER---Bryan Danielson

*** ¼

Danielson is getting his hand raised by the ref when Michael Shane slides into the ring! He waits for Danielson to turn around and when he does, Shane strikes with a superkick! Kazarian recovers and the 2 stomp Danielson down until Spanky comes running down the aisle! He’s Shane’s scheduled opponent tonight! He dropkicks Kazarian out of the ring and then goes toe to toe with Shane! I guess this match is starting right now!

Michael Shane (1-2-1) vs. Spanky (1-3)

Shane gets consecutive 2 counts with a powerslam, a back suplex and a Sky High powerbomb, it seems he wants to get this match out of the way as soon as possible! Spanky comes back with that neckbreaker turned into a chinbreaker on the knee and a leg lariat. Tornado Pedigree gets 2. Springboard swinging DDT gets another 2. Shane reverses a whip to the corner and Spanky tries a kipup into a rana but Shane turns it into a sitout powerbomb for a close 2. Delayed vertical suplex by Shane. He goes for a Curtain Call, Spanky escapes, hits a few punches, whip to the corner and he runs up Shane’s chest and backflips off, hits a back body drop and then clotheslines Shane to the floor. Spanky runs off the ropes for the Whirling Twirlixer but Shane quickly slides into the ring and hits the Sweet Shane Music, knocking Spanky to the floor! Shane then hits his own somersault plancha! He throws Spanky back in and gets a 2. He goes for a suplex but Spanky escapes and hits Sliced Bread #2 out of nowhere but he is too tired to cover and we have a double count by the ref! Spanky is the first one up and he goes up top and comes off for maybe a crossbody or something but he gets caught with another Sweet Shane Music and both men are down again! They get up at 7, trading shots back and forth. Spanky with a wild swing that’s ducked by Shane and Shane applies a sleeper! Spanky starts to fade but then drops down in a last ditch effort with a jawbreaker to break it up! He boosts Shane up top and goes for a Frankensteiner but Shane holds on and Spanky tumbles to the mat. He rolls into the middle of the ring but that’s a wrong move as Shane hits his Picture Perfect Elbow! It’s over! One, two, no! Spanky kicks out! Shane can’t believe it and he grabs the ref, questioning him over and over if it was 3. Shane then climbs up the turnbuckles but backwards and he gets caught by Spanky. Spankygoes out onto the apron and climbs up with him and they struggle up top once Shane realizes what Spanky intends to do. But Spanky gets control and takes Shane off the top with a Super Sliced Bread #2!!! Spanky covers, 1…2…3! Spanky beats his arch-rival!

WINNER---Spanky

*** ¼

Spanky celebrates by tagging the fans’ hands on the way back to the dressing room as Frankie Kazarian comes back out to help Shane to the back.

We go backstage to The Messiah, who surely has some interesting comments regarding tonight’s Loser Leaves the Tournament match against his former friend and partner, Christopher Daniels.

Messiah: “The lesser of two evils…that’s cute Daniels, I like that. No unlike you I don’t preach to be this evil guy and spout shit off like I’m a friggin’ poet or something. Quite simply, I’m an asshole and I use that to my advantage. I first developed a reputation in this business as a “deathmatch” wrestler. But it doesn’t take an idiot to realize…you ask any Indy fan in North America, they’ll tell you the same thing, that The Messiah is one of the most underrated WRESTLERS in the country. Well…that’s very flattering but I don’t need the opinions of some idiot fans to tell me how good I am. I can do anything you put in front of me. Chris, you are a fantastic wrestler, but if it goes hardcore can you still hang? I don’t think you can. That’s something you need to think about. And I would suggest NOT trying to. Do not envy a violent man Chris, it’s on my shirt, and it means you can’t be The Messiah so don’t even try. But I guess that’s all you can do tonight is try right Chris? But try as you might, your only option…is failure.”

Time for our semi main event, a first time ever meeting in professional wrestling as Chris Hero takes on Low Ki! This one should be excellent!

Chris Hero (2-2) vs. Low Ki (3-1)

These two proceed to just beat the holy hell out of each other in the opening minutes of this match. Hero knocks Ki back with forearm strikes but Ki comes back with a big European uppercut and some Mongolian chops. This just makes Hero mad though and they trade shot for shot, for every Hero forearm, there’s a Ki chop right back at him! Hero now with a series of forearms, he goes for a roaring forearm but Ki ducks and goes for an enziguri but HERO ducks! They then forearm each other at the same time and then both for a Yakuza kick and they take each other off their feet! They both slowly get up, Hero with the advantage, he hits a somersault neckbreaker and a running senton back splash for a quick 2. He whips Ki but Ki springs up onto the middle rope and levels Hero with the Tidal Wave! A snapmare and a Muta power drive elbow gets 2. He wears Hero down for a few minutes and goes up top but Hero catches him and goes up, looks for a superplex, Ki shoves him off and goes for a double stomp off the top, Hero rolls out of the way though and gets up in the corner. Ki charges at Hero but eats a boot to the mush and Hero hits the Kravate Kutter for the klose 2 kount. He then hits a nice series wear he hits 2 running double stomps and then one from the 2nd turnbuckle for another 2. He locks in the Cravate and goes to suplex him over from there but Ki escapes and hits the Koppo kick followed by a nasty release Tiger suplex! He goes up top and hits that BRUTAL double stomp! That’s it, one…two…NO! Hero gets the right shoulder up! Hero is majorly favoring his midsection now and tries to leave the ring but Ki locks in a Dragon clutch around the ropes! He is forced to break the hold though, this isn’t the Pure Wrestling Division!

Hero again retreats to the corner and comes at Ki with some forearm shots and a quick Concrete Crash. He holds onto the legs and tries to apply the Hangman’s Clutch and he does! He has it locked in and Ki desperately tries to reach the ropes and he finally does! Hero hits the Dislocator for a 2. He then waits for Ki to get up and blasts him with a Yakuza kick. He gets Ki in the rear chancery for the Hero’s Welcome and calls for it but that alerts Ki and he is able to lift his feet and kick Hero in the face from there! Wow! He whips a groggy and surprised Hero to the corner and hits the Tidal Krush! Hero collapses to the mat, I think he’s out! Ki keeps trying to drag him to his feet for the Ki Krusher but every time he gets him in position for it, Hero keeps collapsing down! Ki tries one more time but Hero suddenly springs up with a hard forearm shot! A whip to the corner and he charges in but Ki takes his head off with a sidekick! Now Ki looks pissed off! He again tries for the Ki Krusher but Hero escapes, goes for the Hero’s Welcome but as he twists for the move, Ki holds on and turns it into the Dragon Clutch! Right in the middle of the ring! Hero struggles and struggles and looks like he’s about to tap but he thinks better of it and finally grabs the bottom rope! Ki drags him back and goes to apply the Dragon again but Hero keeps covering up. So Ki proceeds to pound on Hero’s back to get him to stop covering up but Hero is persistent! Ki then stomps Hero in the back of the head (OUCH!) and then grabs him by the hair and unleashes some SICK Kawada kicks to the face! Hero is wobbling on his knees, almost falling back and Ki hits 2 HARD kicks to the chest and then signals for the 3rd one to the face. He goes for it but Hero ducks it and rolls up Ki with a schoolboy, 1, 2, NO! Ki immediately rolls back onto his feet and KILLS Hero with the knockout kick to the head! Here’s the cover, One, two and three! Low Ki literally had to KNOCK Chris Hero out to pin him, what a war!

WINNER---Low Ki

**** ¼

Ki helps Hero to his feet and shakes his hand after the match, and what a match it was!

But we won’t be seeing any handshakes in this next match, it is our main event of the evening and the loser must leave the tournament! It’s Christopher Daniels vs. The Messiah, next!

Christopher Daniels (2-2) vs. The Messiah (2-2)---Loser Leaves The Tournament Match

A clean even exchange starts this one out ending in both men going for a leg lariat at the same time. You gotta know these two men know each other SO well after tagging on and off during the last few years not to mention being two of the most clever, conniving, scheming men in all of professional wrestling. Messiah takes the low road with a thumb to the eye to gain initial control but Daniels comes back with a series of clotheslines followed by a Flatliner for a CLOSE 2 count! We almost saw the Messiah out of here right there! Daniels with a nice suplex followed by 2 kneedrops and an elbowdrop for 1 and a half. Messiah hits a nice pumphandle overhead suplex to break this one open. Gourdbuster and springboard legdrop get 2 for the Messiah. He whips Daniels and elevates him, looking for Carlito’s Way but Daniels turns it into a dropkick! Step-up enziguri followed by a Blue Thunder Driver for a 2 for Daniels! Back suplex and a slingshot legdrop from the apron for 2 again. He goes for a uranage slam, Messiah elbows out, goes for a roaring elbow but Daniels ducks, tries another enziguri but Messiah ducks that, whips Daniels to the corner, misses a big running boot and then tries a lariat but Daniels ducks the arm and plants Messiah with an STO. He points to the corner and the fans say it with him: “Best…Moonsault…EVER!” He goes for it, the double jump moonsault and connects! One...two…thr..NO! Messiah stays alive. Daniels calls for Angel’s Wings and goes for it but Messiah grabs an arm, twists out and hits a quick DDT followed by a Lionsault, one..two..no, Daniels kicks out. Messiah goes for the Fall From Grace but Daniels escapes and backdrops Messiah to the floor!

Daniels goes on the apron and goes for his Arabian press to the floor but he sees Messiah move out of the way and lands on his FEET on the floor! He turns right into a superkick though and then Messiah elevates Daniels and hits Carlito’s Way on the floor! He gets on the apron and runs off with the Holy Roller as Daniels gets up, bowling him over again. Messiah drags Daniels up and throws him into the ring and covers for a 2. Messiah boosts Daniels up and hits a nice Frankensteiner for 2 again. He gets Daniels up and tries to whip him to the corner, Daniels reverses though, Messiah sits up on the turnbuckle and tries to get his boot up into a running Daniels’ face but Daniels blocks it and hits a LOUD palm strike and then hits HIS version of the Fall From Grace, the Cobra Clutch Iconoclasm I guess you could put it. He covers, 1…2…NO! Messiah stays alive again. Daniels gets him up and goes for the Angel’s Wings, Messiah keeps blocking so Daniels goes for MESSIAH’S version of the Fall From Grace, Messiah escapes but that throws him off his game and Daniels hits a kick to the gut and the Angel’s Wings! It’s over, one…two…thre..NO! Messiah kicks out of Angel’s Wings! Daniels can’t believe it! Daniels goes for a back suplex or something, Messiah backflips out and lands on his feet and quickly scoops Daniels up and plants him with the Fall From Grace! He turns Daniels over, 1……2……NO! Daniels kicks out! What an intense match! Messiah nearly has a conniption but he calms down. He then pulls Daniels up and, with evil smile on face, plants Daniels with his own move, Last Rites!! He turns Daniels over and makes a cover, 1……2……thr..NO!! Daniels still kicks out!! And NOW Messiah has that conniption as he goes NUTS, backing the referee into the corner and screaming at him that it was a 3 count. He is absolutely beside himself as he goes over to Daniels, lazily kicking Daniels down again and again as the fans try to rally Daniels to his feet. Messiah turns to the fans and says “Now it’s over motherfuckers! No more Christopher Daniels!” He hoists Daniels up on his shoulders, he’s going for the Godsmack! He spins around and around and releases Daniels legs to do the move but Daniels lands on his feet and it’s only a split second before he gains his bearings and drills Messiah with Last Rites! He turns Messiah over, ONE…TWO…THREE!!! Daniels has done it and the Messiah is outta here!

WINNER---Christopher Daniels

*** ¼

Daniels celebrates at ringside with the fans. Messiah gets to his knees in the middle of the ring and the fans start singing “Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, Goodbye!” at him. Daniels gets on the mic and joins in the singing as Messiah turns in every which way, yelling and cursing at people to stop singing. He finally gives up and flips everybody off and leaves down the aisleway. Daniels gets a standing ovation in the middle of the ring and bows to each side of fans and leaves the ring and we’re out.

END OF SHOW.

MATCH OF THE NIGHT WAS CHRIS SABIN VS. PAUL LONDON

Highlights of the Night

-Colt Cabana countering Petey Williams’ first two attempts at the Canadian Destroyer, first with a backdrop and then with the Kryptonite Krunch on the knee

-Petey finally hitting the Destroyer on Cabana

-Super Dragon catching Sonjay Dutt in an attempted Dragonrana and hitting a running sitout powerbomb into the turnbuckles

-Sonjay reversing Super Dragon’s Psycho Driver into a DDT

-Sonjay going for the Calcut Cut but getting his head taken off with a lariat and then Psycho Driven by Dragon for the victory.

-Bryan Danielson telegraphing Frankie Kazarian’s springboard back elbow and dropkicking Kazarian right in the back out of mid-air

-Michael Shane sliding into the ring and blasting Spanky with a superkick as Spanky was going for the Whirling Twirlixer

-Shane superkicking Spanky, who was going for a crossbody off the top rope

-Spanky kicking out of Shane’s Picture Perfect Elbow

-Spanky hitting a Super Sliced Bread #2 on Shane for the win

-Low Ki and Chris Hero trading brutal strikes until a double Yakuza kick takes both men off their feet

-Hero’s 3 stomp combo on Low Ki

-Low Ki’s huge double stomp off the top on Hero

-Low Ki knocking Hero out with a devastating kick to the face to finally pin him

-Messiah evading Christopher Daniels’ Arabian Press to the floor and hitting a superkick, followed by Carlito’s Way on the floor

-Messiah kicking out of Daniels’ Angel’s Wings

-Daniels kicking out of Messiah’s Fall From Grace

-Messiah hitting Daniels’ own move, Last Rites on Daniels and Daniels kicking out

-Daniels’ lightning-quick reversal of Messiah’s Godsmack into Last Rites to win the match

--------------------------------

Well I thought we had a 7-way tie for the predictions with a lot of people that I thought to myself "Hmm, it's good to see these guys win, some of my most loyal readers" when out of nowhere comes this kris24fan guy and takes the contest for this show, SWEEPING the predictions for winners in matches and only choosing the wrong match as the match of the night. So congratulations to kris24fan and better luck next time guys and gals!

kris24fan 8-1

Pepsi 7-2

craig 7-2

Hellfire065 7-2

JayLethal 7-2

RavenBlack 7-2

FDM 7-2

Joucho 7-2

Assassin 6-3

VDP2006 6-3

J-Dubb 6-3

Katsuya 6-3

erstyle 6-3

paulbd 6-3

Azrael 5-4

MuthafawkkinMatt 5-4

Mysterio2000X 5-4

Marth 5-4

oldskool 4-5

jfazoli000 4-5

mroniimusha 4-5

Edited by darrdor

Xavier and Matt Stryker out of Rise of the Independents, Replacements for Messiah and Xavier already named

Reported on Nov. 30, 2004 at 6:57 AM

We have discovered that Matt Stryker and Xavier, both from Block A, are now also both out of Rise of the Independents. 

Xavier re-injured his shoulder and, in a tough decision, has decided to take at least a 2 year hiatus from professional wrestling.  We wish Xavier the best of luck.  Xavier's replacement in Block A action will be former ECW referee, IWA World Heavyweight Champion and 2003 Ted Petty Invitational Tournament winner Danny Daniels.  Daniels adopts Xavier's record of 0-4-1 and his first match will be against Homicide on December 4th.

The reasons for Matt Stryker pulling out are unknown at this time.  His scheduled opponent in his next tournament match was AJ Styles.  Stryker's replacement will not be known until he walks through the curtain to face Styles.

The Messiah's replacement in the tournament will be Roderick Strong.  Strong will adopt Messiah's record of 2-3 and his first match in Block D action will be against Chris Hero.  Some people are joking around backstage saying that all of Hero's future opponents are leaving the tournament as this is now the third time his scheduled opponent for the next show has left for one reason or another.

OK everyone, we have a bonus addition to the next prediction contest. We know Danny Daniels is replacing Xavier but now you must guess who will replace Matt Stryker in the tournament! So for the next show you must choose the winners of the 8 matches, the match of the night AND who is facing AJ Styles and replacing Matt Stryker in the tournament. :thumbsup:

-Trent Acid (2-3) vs. John Walters (2-3)

-Jerry Lynn (3-2) vs. B-Boy (3-2)

-Homicide (5-0) vs. Danny Daniels (0-4-1)

-AJ Styles (4-1) vs. ''Kevin Steen'' (replacing Matt Stryker) (0-4-1)

-Amazing Red (1-4) vs. Jay Briscoe (3-2)

-The returning Teddy Hart (1-4) vs. Mark Briscoe (2-3)

-Dan Maff (2-3) vs. BJ Whitmer (3-2)

-Austin Aries (4-1) vs. Samoa Joe (4-1)

MOTN = AJ Styles vs ???

Glad to see this diary is back :thumbsup:

Guest mroniimusha

4-5? Ouch...

For the next show:

-Trent Acid (2-3) vs. John Walters (2-3)

-Jerry Lynn (3-2) vs. B-Boy (3-2)

-Homicide (5-0) vs. Danny Daniels (replacing Xavier) (0-4-1)

-AJ Styles (4-1) vs. Chad Collyer (0-4-1)

-Amazing Red (1-4) vs. Jay Briscoe (3-2)

-The returning Teddy Hart (1-4) vs. Mark Briscoe (2-3)

-Dan Maff (2-3) vs. BJ Whitmer (3-2)

-Austin Aries (4-1) vs. Samoa Joe (4-1)

And the match of the night will be...probably Amazing Red/Jay Briscoe